TV Debate Over Boardroom?

JMorrison1872

No tv debate and no to doing our dirty washing in public.

The mhedia would have a field day with this nonsense and we would suffer.

By all means have a debate/meeting but behind closed doors.

Everything green seems to do is carried out in the full glare of the media spotlight that he seems to relish , this seems more of the same . There is the need for debate but each side sniping & digging at each other to a watching audience many of whom will love the airing of the clubs dirty linen would seem a massive mistake . For me this club has a lot more dignity than that .

That said I imagine this is just another throwaway soundbite uttered to create a bit more media intention.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people think Green is so bad? Exactly what has he done to merit such hatred?

he is a pure crook and is stealing money from Rangers dont you know.

The UB dont like him because of the stadium renaming. Some hate him for his comments on Rangers fans singing.

The rest lisiten to too much propoganda IMHO.

A debate ? Yes

Televised ? No

A healthy debate with a number of hand picked "Rangers" business leaders helping with the questions and probing of answers.

Also guys like boss, frankie, bluedell(i think) who can understand the intricacies of some of the answers and if they need further explaining as well.

Although their should be a wider fan representation as well, this should be carefully managed to ensure it doesnt descend into chaos.

Charles Green has opened the door here and others should now walk the walk. (tu)

new name mate?

he is a pure crook and is stealing money from Rangers dont you know.

The UB dont like him because of the stadium renaming. Some hate him for his comments on Rangers fans singing.

The rest lisiten to too much propoganda IMHO.

How about his hypocrisy? or the fact he says he hasn't lied once yet has been caught out numerous times? or the fact everything has to be about him being in the spotlight?

I wonder if Green is being paid for these interviews. It's a fair point as it would probably generate a conflict of interest with his position as a consultant with the club. When engaging any consultants one would expect them to comply with the principle of client confidentiality.

PS. Even if he isn't being paid by the mhedia, he should still be complying with the principle of client confidentiality.

You mean like a PLC board spilling their guts to 200 customers surprised they haven't been pulled up yet

What's nonsense?

His lack of humility.

His self-inflated ego.

His lack of consideration the affect his actions and statements have on the club.

His refusal to work alongside anyone, preferring to constantly being the main man.

Take your pick...

Everything green seems to do is carried out in the full glare of the media spotlight that he seems to relish , this seems more of the same . There is the need for debate but each side sniping & digging at each other to a watching audience many of whom will love the airing of the clubs dirty linen would seem a massive mistake . For me this club has a lot more dignity than that .

That said I imagine this is just another throwaway soundbite uttered to create a bit more media intention.

To be honest after his on camera performance during the "Dallas Cowboys email" interview I would really doubt that he could handle a TV debate. He knows that no club would go for this so he throws it out there to keep his support happy, like so much of the other stuff he comes out with. Perhaps he should answer some of the more pertinent questions fans have for him. One being was it a good bit of business to purchase the Albion Car Park and Edminston House so early in our recovery? How long and how much more cost is involved before the club sees a return on this outlay? Rather than sound bites maybe he should be justifying decisions he made.

I wonder if Green is being paid for these interviews. It's a fair point as it would probably generate a conflict of interest with his position as a consultant with the club. When engaging any consultants one would expect them to comply with the principle of client confidentiality.

PS. Even if he isn't being paid by the mhedia, he should still be complying with the principle of client confidentiality.

It's a fair point.

After the witchhunt to determine the Ibrox leak accused everyone but CG. We now have CG running to the papers at every opportunity, but he's allowed an uncriticised free reign to do as he wants by some on here.

Exactly!

It's an everyday occurrence on Rangers Media for Bears to raise suspicion on newbies etc., regarding making comments only tims would make but if you look at some of the treatment that CG gets, you have to wonder who is giving it out. Surely Rangers fans who almost seen our club die, would at least give the men who saved the club, a little respect? Nobody is asking for love or admiration, simply respect for those who came to the saviour of the club.

I know that finances are in question, as are board bonuses etc., and I have been disgusted with the state we seem to find ourselves in, but I still respect those who got us past liquidation.

Perfectly sums up my views,matey.

By all means be wary,vigilant,alert and relatively suspiscious of any outsiders interested in making money off us(tho,isnt that the goal of any businessman?).

But,the hatred directed at a guy who was an integral part of our survival is,even allowing for the fickle nature of our support,shocking.

And,any support for any of the "Gers" guys who refused to dip in to their pockets over a guy who has supplied cash and,more importantly,investors from well outside our "family" is hard to comprehend.

Still think Charles Green has done more for the club in recent times than anyone else.

Charles Green has been a voice for Rangers that has been missing for a long time albeit sometimes too outspoken.

Would any other new buyer at the club have staunchly refused to give up titles for a football license?

I think all this talk of a second Administration is a load of scaremongering tactics to bully a new board into Ibrox without paying a penny.

I can't see what Charles Green has done to be hated so much by some Rangers fans.

As much as I'm an Ally McCoist fan, his wages are bleeding the club.

So much for wee Ally being a true Rangers man.

Big chuck should be king in my book. :praise:

Are you seriously questioning Allys credentials as a "true Rangers man"????

Jesus H fucking Christ!!!

Get on Rangers TV and we Rangers Supporters can view the debate. As for McCoist I have questioned a lot of things over his Management skills but ffs I have never questioned his loyalty to club or questions if he was a true Blue, you just have to meet him and that will tell you he eats sleeps and bleeds blue blood.

You mean like a PLC board spilling their guts to 200 customers surprised they haven't been pulled up yet

Bunkum, if the board wishes to hold a meeting with the fans and generate income from that then the club benefits. If a contracted consultant gives information to the press it is a breach of client confidentiality unless he had permission from the board. Somehow I don't think he had that do you?

Pointless really.

Presidential style? Well we have little impact about who's in charge so it's not like we could take the answers and vote for who we want or who we don't off of them.

Also it's very easy for someone to prepare well and simply tell us what we want to hear. Which will be labelled at both sides.

I see no point in this besides self promotion and people getting their egos massaged. Just get together and work united towards what's best for Rangers instead of all this posturing bullshit!

I agree with hat you have said what would it prove? lots of accusation and point scoring but nothing physically proved on the night so please do not drag this club though more turmoil, We the fans have had enough. Mr Green, if you could get other company's to invest £10 million pound tomorrow why not, the more the club has in the bank the more interest they would gain and the money would keep growing. Could this be the same £10 million pound you told the supporters you would give the manager? You are taking £1000 per month out the club for doing nothing earn your money by getting more money into the club. As the old saying goes put up or shut up.

Not the club IMO, but some people with aspirations to run it maybe.

And people who run countries, which some say is quite a big business, do it all the time.

Weeds out the charlatans

Weeds out the charlatans? :lol: Politicians? :lol::lol: They are all fucking liars and charlatans! :lol::lol::lol:

Bush, Blair, Cameron, Obama... Nice weeding! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are taking £1000 per month out the club for doing nothing earn your money by getting more money into the club. As the old saying goes put up or shut up.

I wonder if this £1000 per month includes expenses? I would hate to think the club is footing the bill for any flights to and from France or any accommodation while he is here.

Bunkum, if the board wishes to hold a meeting with the fans and generate income from that then the club benefits. If a contracted consultant gives information to the press it is a breach of client confidentiality unless he had permission from the board. Somehow I don't think he had that do you?

The board disclosed confidential information to 200 customers

They also disclosed personal information without, I presume, said person's consent.

You should maybe educate yourself on corporate and confidentiality matters

Weeds out the charlatans? :lol: Politicians? :lol: :lol: They are all fucking liars and charlatans! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bush, Blair, Cameron, Obama... Nice weeding! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They do get voted in though, our boards don't.

Would you not like to have a say?

I'm sick of the absolute nonsense people post without any evidence or information to back up the accusations.

I'm not pro or anti Charles Green or anyone else. I'm pro-Rangers. I believe that Green's performance on behalf of RFC from last summer was pretty good in general. Were there some things that I would have preferred he did differently? Absolutely. Were these same things of great importance in the grand scheme of Rangers Football Club? Not particularly.

It appears that the majority of our fans and shareholders never read the IPO prospectus. It states clearly that Green and Stockbridge were due a 100% bonus on top of their salaries if we achieved promotion from the SFL or got into any other league. As we are now in the SPFL that satisfies the criteria. That would therefore make these bonus payments "one-off" scenarios.

Also in the IPO document it is stated that RFC may require some additional investment to go forward and that if large tranches of shares are sold the share value will probably drop.

We can therefore see that such information was available months ago.

As for P Murray, McColl and Blin, what have they to offer? What are their reasons for demanding boardroom change?

A Johnston has been quoted as saying we would be astonished at the share transfer deals which have occurred. Well why not tell us Alastair if you know so much?

Dave King also has his theories and whilst I believe Mr King to have RFC interests at heart he doesn't have sufficient information at this time to make proper comment.

I will await the release of the accounts and the EGM if it happens.

The board disclosed confidential information to 200 customers

They also disclosed personal information without, I presume, said person's consent.

You should maybe educate yourself on corporate and confidentiality matters

My understanding of confidentiality is just fine thank you, but I do suggest you do some reading up on it yourself.

So the board lied about having £10m left on thursday? Did we bring in £21m 7 months ago? Where has it gone? We cant buy anyone. Ive seen a few minor improvements in the stadium.

He's lied numerous times to keep fans on board, These pricks need stopped before it's too late.

Clarify your statement to us.

You want clarification from the board, I want clarification from you.

Get on Rangers TV and we Rangers Supporters can view the debate. As for McCoist I have questioned a lot of things over his Management skills but ffs I have never questioned his loyalty to club or questions if he was a true Blue, you just have to meet him and that will tell you he eats sleeps and bleeds blue blood.

And all that eating, sleeping and bleeding for £750k per year.