Daily Rhebel Gambling Article

JMorrison1872

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He bet on us to beat Albion rovers

This I don't see a problem with, I'd see the point if he bet us to lose.

Then they possibly would have a case.

Another witch hint from a corrupt cabal full of scumbags

I think there are issues betting on any game you are invovled in really. Scottish players betting on La Liga games though, i mean, what is wrong with that?

Perhaps their players get a nice wee special heads-up not to do such things as they will soon be used against certain others.

Wouldn't surprise me Oleg the favouritism they get is unbelievable the beeb have a story about Shaktar Karungay

(sp) resting 10 players in a league game this weekend in perpetration for the CL qualifier and the whole tone of the article is disapproving like how can this team dare give themselves the best chance of the CL group stages, I've certainly never seen a Kazak team selection for a league game mentioned on the beeb before. A bit ot I know but it pissed me off.

Kazak's done themselves proud mate, lets hope they can so it on the return.

With septics debts coming to light, they are desperate for this cash injection.

I reckon they will, the pressure will be on the scum big time and we all know how they handle pressure or rather don't handle it. The article just pissed me off as it could of been written by ginger teeth himself.

I reckon they will, the pressure will be on the scum big time and we all know how they handle pressure or rather don't handle it. The article just pissed me off as it could of been written by ginger teeth himself.

34 million in debt and no CL money, priceless!

I see a job opportunity here, be an agent for all these guys who like to have a bet, I'll place the bets for them.

Wonder how many of the football chiefs enjoy a wee bet? you know the wankers that make the rules?

Well they lost the one they placed for us going out of business,

The biggest disappointment in black is he supposedly bet against us. That said I don't think you could ever question black for effort.

He has been great this season and this had been massively blown out of proportion, footballers like a bet,shock horror.

He will be found guilty of this, but regardless he has my backing! I just hope he knows betting against us was wrong, I don't care about the other games!

The biggest disappointment in black is he supposedly bet against us. That said I don't think you could ever question black for effort.

He has been great this season and this had been massively blown out of proportion, footballers like a bet,shock horror.

He will be found guilty of this, but regardless he has my backing! I just hope he knows betting against us was wrong, I don't care about the other games!

He never bet against us, he bet on us to beat Albion rovers.

If Black bet against his own team - allegedly 3 times- then I ha ve a big problem with that. Any other bet is meaningless.

Let's see what happens and what evidence is produced.

Why only Black though when hundreds have been doing it?

If Black bet against his own team - allegedly 3 times- then I ha ve a big problem with that. Any other bet is meaningless.

Let's see what happens and what evidence is produced.

Why only Black though when hundreds have been doing it?

Because he is a Rangers player, simple

Black isn't being done for betting as such.

He is being done for betting on teams he is associated with, which is far different and very much worse.

IMO there is nothing wrong in players betting on matches they have no influence in, for example, a St Mirren player betting on Bayern to beat Barca. I reckon the blanket ban is due to them not being able to cover the gray areas where one player might know another and there is a potential for cheating. Unlikely, I know, but since it is possible, they have to deal with it.

A blind eye has been turned to it for long enough, and probably rightly so.

However, betting on your own teams matches is an absolute no-no. Quite apart from the moral conflicts, it leaves a player open to accusations of cheating, and who knows, if a player got desperate enough for cash they may well cheat.

The one thing I have a big issue with is that it's not just Black doing it, so if they punish him, and they will, then they must punish anyone else found betting on their own team.

I suspect they will charge Black, tell us it isn't for betting, it's for betting in his own teams matches, then they will ignore any other evidence. I fthey can't see it, they don't have to punish anyone else.

It is our job, and the clubs, to bring this evidence to their attention in a way they can't ignore.

If they persist, then take it to CAS.

They have no defence if they do not take action on information given.

Does anybody think Ian Black has a gambling problem, 200 bets in 7 years does that amount to an obsesssion. I thought that Ian should be punted if he bet against Rangers, but to mete out any kind of heavy punishment would be petty in the extreme. I am glad that Ally decided to back his man, innocent till proven guilty.

200 bets in 7 years is nearly 1 bet every fortnight. It doesn't sound like a gambling "problem".

I am not a gambling man, but, I bet (ha ha) Black will be found guilty of match fixing.

It does seem a bit silly to bet in match that you are involved in, they, should be able to compare the bet against the result/details of the match and perhaps they could decide if they felt that play was influenced by any bets.

The size of bet also would probably influence any decision.

It is a bit sad that any organisation feel they need to re-educate adults on the rules of gambling, sad reflection on all players.

We should also warn them he dangers of unhealthy eating (Nando's), drinking, smoking, drugs, underage sex, house fires, crossing roads and cooking eggs in microwave.

200 bets in 7 years is nearly 1 bet every fortnight. It doesn't sound like a gambling "problem".

As Rfc52 so rightly says it hardly qualifies as a betting habit, there are footballers out there who look on gambling as a way of life, 200 bets a week is probably the tip of the iceberg. I think we can safely say that

Black has fallen foul of one of the rhabid.

If there are loads of players betting as we all suspect, they should all be given the same treatment by the SFA. . If players are betting against their own club then I think that's up to their own particular club to dish out whatever punishment they see fit. Personally I believe it is unforgivable to bet against your own club. I would never be able to fully trust that player again.