Our Socks

8watp8

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the white socks. I try not to buy into the maelstrom of negativity that seems to surround the team at times, but I really don't like the white socks.

Agreed... It looks a bit too... erm... Evertony.

I really liked the red socks last season with the white turnovers. My favourite socks to wear for fitba'.

Red socks remind me of Souness' first season... Before he personally requested they be changed to blue, I believe (the first McEwans kit). Also reminds me of great Scotland kits of the past and I like the blue, white and red combination.

I have the black and red too and these are my 2nd choice.

Definitely not white with the home kit. Uh-uh, just NO.

Disclaimer - I am not a full kit wanker. Nor any other kind of wanker, thanks very much.

I know it has nothing to do with the game or performance but was just wondering what peoples opinions are? I know black and red are tradition etc but i much much prefer white socks, infact I would go as far as saying i dislike the black and red and think white makes the overall strip far nicer.

Just remembered, the mhanks used to wear white socks (td)

i actually agree with the OPs sentiments altho we cant change tradition from red and black. HOWEVER I think it can effect performance tho and for quick passing white would be easier to spot for the players. If memory serves right then thats why Advocaat often ditched the red and black for white.

i actually agree with the OPs sentiments altho we cant change tradition from red and black. HOWEVER I think it can effect performance tho and for quick passing white would be easier to spot for the players. If memory serves right then thats why Advocaat often ditched the red and black for white.

FFS big Dave. I would imagine it would not take long to find some brilliant passing teams that do not have white socks. Care to try?

FFS big Dave. I would imagine it would not take long to find some brilliant passing teams that do not have white socks. Care to try?

haha fair point however i know from playing that its easier to spot the white than the red and black at a glance........haha could be down to my limited ability off course