Competing In The Scottish Premiership

RockwellGers

How do you think we'll do? Assuming we make steady progress on the park between now and then. Assuming boardroom issues are sorted and we're being run well with at least some investment incoming. Assuming off and on-field are in good shape, are we going to be competing for top spot? Within the first year or two?

My heart says we should always be competing for the top spot at the first opportunity, in reality I expect us to finish at worst second in our first year back, and winning or at the very least pushing them to the last games in the second.

Don't think anyone can say for certain one way or another, depends on many things including signings we make.

Although some people think we could challenge them just now with our current squad. <cr>

That's what was said last season :lol: some folk are mad.

I'd say (owners dependant) we will have one or 2 of the players we have now with a full new squad. If the Fenians bank money till we get back it may take ages :( it will happen though and for that day I can't wait.

No matter if its ally or mourihno, the BD will be much much worse when we're losing games to Aberdeen, the tarriers etc.

Its not something i think about now to be honest i actually enjoy seeing different teams rather than the same tired format and could not even tell you the state of play in the spl.

I only found out the filth had got to the group stages of the champs league as "host" was dripping like a foremans grill after he'd just gave lennon a blowjob.

Don't think anyone can say for certain one way or another, depends on many things including signings we make.

Although some people think we could challenge them just now with our current squad. <cr>

I know mate I'm just wondering what people think is likely to happen.

For me the money gap will be a problem, how much so we can't be sure. It won't last forever though, even if some folk act like it will :)

A game at Ibrox you never know, plus lets be honest there not that good their defence is shite

Septic that is btw

Unless the board and the ' great & the good' get their fuckin act together we won't win fuck all. We had better stop in fighting at the leadership level, and start gathering a war chest together for what will be a significant spend on our return to the top level.

The green and grey mob are gathering funds that we are not matching....so far.

I dont understand how anyone can say they expect us to win it!!

Our record against SPL teams has beating Motherwell and being pumped by Inverness. I doubt much of the team we have now will be here when we are back in the SPL but I would be very surprised if we do and I would be aiming for European finish in our 1st season back. Our home form should win us more games than now.

I'd be confident in a one-off game against them at home in a cup but over the course of a season with our current squad we'd be lucky to finish top 3.

I'm actually really looking forward to playing in the championship next season. I think it will be really competitive and with bigger grounds to pack, it will be the best league to watch by far. When we get back to the top league I expect us to be 2nd in the first season.

142 years of winning, its in our blood, our DNA. don't see any reason to change now!

As for the cancer in the East End of Glasgow, I couldn't give a flying feck about those mhanky bastards. Our only purpose in life is to lord it over them dirty bastards, they knew it, and any right thinking Rangers fan knows it.

When we next play them we play to win, as for the rest, fecking nobody's always have been, always will be.

First season back we play every match as a fecking crusade, seeking vengeance and destruction against everyone of those lying, cheating, thieving bastards!

If we are still spending the same kind of money then really we should be getting second place however the team we have now will be a fair bit different from the team we would have upon our return to the Premiership I would imagine.