Can you still enjoy watching old games with the traitors...?

graeme_4

Been off sick from work today, so been watching Gers games on the iPad.

Was enjoying the Advocat and McLeish days, then started watching stuff with the traitors in it, like pumping Killie to seal the league, old firm games with Naismith playing a blinder etc.

Actually just found myself getting annoyed, more than enjoying reliving the games. Lafferty and Naismith just sicken me - pair of pricks.

It's a strange feeling. Anyone else feel the same?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just as big an issue with 'Captain America' at the bottom of your post.

At a time where we were posting big losses, he refuses to go until we pay him off from his contract with much needed funds.

He found it so difficult to find a new club, that he must have went a whole 3 hours before signing on the dotted line.

At a time where we were posting big losses, he refuses to go until we pay him off from his contract with much needed funds.

He found it so difficult to find a new club, that he must have went a whole 3 hours before signing on the dotted line.

He was never going to agree to break his contract with no pay off.

World away from what the traitors did.

Most of the players that went, I can accept and move on. However, with one notable exception in Naismith l. After his comments regarding "sevco" from his ludicrous press statement when he signed for Everton. There was a real nasty edge to it, and he totally laid it in to a club he claimed to have supported and who was patient with his injury woes. I can't watch this player without wanting to shout at the TV.

Aye of course he wouldnt. The reason being was that he was not going to get a better offer anywhere else.

Boca transferred over and sucked loads of cash out of the club, without putting much back in. That is a fact.

The traitors looked out for themselves, exactly the same as Boca and Goian. Only the method was different.

Naismith I place in a lower category due to his comments, but all the others are in the same boat basically.

I disagree. He transferred across with no intention of staying. He played 2/3 games at the start of last because he had to. At least the traitors leaving cost us nothing, this wee liar cost us half a million.

I disagree. He transferred across with no intention of staying. He played 2/3 games at the start of last because he had to. At least the traitors leaving cost us nothing, this wee liar cost us half a million.

Don't know where the lies are, he honoured his contract and while i'm sure he was happy to leave we were also happy to get rid of his wages so with both the loan and the release I think it was a mutual decision.

Not ideal sure but still far away from what that lot did.

Fair point, but certainly don't hold him in the same regard as the 'Rangers men' + Whittaker.

I'd also add that he transferred over before anyone really knew what position we'd be in financially or what division we'd be playing in as was asked by Green / Sevco holding company and majority of the fans.

Don't know where the lies are, he honoured his contract and while i'm sure he was happy to leave we were also happy to get rid of his wages so with both the loan and the release I think it was a mutual decision.

Disagree - I don't think he ever had any intention of turning out for us that's where I think the lies are.

Like it or not, but McGregor, Naismith and the others honoured their contracts as well.

They were perfectly entitled to reject a transfer over to the new company.

Strictly speaking, it was the oldco who failed to honour the contract with them. Excusable reasons for it of course.

McGregor did what was best for him, Boca did what was best for him. Only Boca directly took money out of the club due to his choice.

Disagree - I don't think he ever had any intention of turning out for us that's where I think the lies are.

Unless he point blank refused to play you can't categorically say that though, although I can appreciate why some will believe that's the case.

As far as we know he never even put in an official transfer request.

Like it or not, but McGregor, Naismith and the others honoured their contracts as well.

They were perfectly entitled to reject a transfer over to the new company.

Strictly speaking, it was the oldco who failed to honour the contract with them. Excusable reasons for it of course.

McGregor did what was best for him, Boca did what was best for him. Only Boca directly took money out of the club due to his choice.

They walked out on their contracts, the fact they used a legal method to do so is neither here nor there, not to me as a fan anyway.

Aye of course he wouldnt. The reason being was that he was not going to get a better offer anywhere else.

Boca transferred over and sucked loads of cash out of the club, without putting much back in. That is a fact.

The traitors looked out for themselves, exactly the same as Boca and Goian. Only the method was different.

Naismith I place in a lower category due to his comments, but all the others are in the same boat basically.

Sorry but I can't go along with this train of thought at all.

Bocanegra honoured his contract, it's not as if he refused to play unless there's something we don't know. Unfortunate for us and him that there were no significant offers but with TUPE everyone comes over, you can't just pick and choose.

As i've said the others walked out on their contracts and denied us any potential fees for them. I'm not trying to play Bocanegra up as a shining example of loyalty but we're comparing the situations.

Yes its ruined some great memory's and great days as for Boca this seems to be exactly what happened with Gregg Wylde everybody full of praise at the start then time goes by and for some reason people get bitter I don't blame Boca or Goian they did transfer over it was Rangers who chose to loam them out and then pay them off, understandably to get them off the wage bill but they never pretended to love Rangers then turn tail and run or slander the Club and become lower then bheasts like paysmith and shittaker

I still feel a tremendous amount of joy from those games because it takes me back to the joy I felt at the time. As much as I hate some of the players involved, let's not forget the ones who stood by us and most important, our management team at the time, who's hard work shouldn't be tainted by a group of fuds.

They walked out on their contracts, the fact they used a legal method to do so is neither here nor there, not to me as a fan anyway.

No they didnt, they were CONTRACTED to the OldCo. The OldCo tried to sell their contracts to a different company. They did not walk out on their contract.

You have to take the legalities of contracts into account. They are legal agreements.

Sorry but I can't go along with this train of thought at all.

Bocanegra honoured his contract, it's not as if he refused to play unless there's something we don't know. Unfortunate for us and him that there were no significant offers but with TUPE everyone comes over, you can't just pick and choose.

As i've said the others walked out on their contracts and denied us any potential fees for them. I'm not trying to play Bocanegra up as a shining example of loyalty but we're comparing the situations.

I agree, TUPE means everyone that wants to come over is offered the option to do so. They also have the option not to.

It was in Boca's interest to move over, just as it was in his interest to wait for his contract to be paid out, before moving on a free transfer hours later.

Again, I dont blame Boca, it was his right. Just as it was the right of those who rejected the TUPE (even though I think they left it too late!).

No they didnt, they were CONTRACTED to the OldCo. The OldCo tried to sell their contracts to a different company. They did not walk out on their contract.

You have to take the legalities of contracts into account. They are legal agreements.

They did walk out on their contracts, the terms and conditions were exactly the same.

I accept they had a legal right to do so, unless the court action happens to give us anything.

I agree, TUPE means everyone that wants to come over is offered the option to do so. They also have the option not to.

It was in Boca's interest to move over, just as it was in his interest to wait for his contract to be paid out, before moving on a free transfer hours later.

Again, I dont blame Boca, it was his right. Just as it was the right of those who rejected the TUPE (even though I think they left it too late!).

Whether it was their right or not is irrelevant to them being traitorous bastards.

They did walk out on their contracts, the terms and conditions were exactly the same.

I accept they had a legal right to do so, unless the court action happens to give us anything.

They had the legal right to declare their contract null and void. They did this. They did not walk out on the contract. (Well I could actually counter myself here by saying they left it too late to reject)

I would have McGregor back eventually, I also dont hold hate for guys like Davis. Naismith is in a different category right enough.

Over 4 years ago the company I worked for decided to close a plant and

distribution base, there were to be redundancies for some but 72 of us

fell into the tupe bracket.

The old timers with 25-35yrs service knew they were getting a raw deal

so talks of strikes and lockins took place, for me with only 4yrs service

I was fucked but agreed to be on board with any action the work force took.

A couple of weeks later a compromise was met allowing the work force to walk away

with in some cases 56k in their pockets, all of a sudden it was fuck you Jack I'm

alright their will be no strikes.

To me that told me that solidarity was just a word but not an action, footballers

are no different and are just out for themselves.

Rant over.