The result is great but ....

Ace

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you're just jealous kev. :P

Was a peach that anyone would have been proud of.

Fuckin right I'm jealous....scoring at Ibrox must be an amazing feeling no matter who you play for! As I say hats off to him if he meant it....jig still got goal of the game anyway! ; )

Fair play GB, I was in govan rear so a gd but further away and from my angle it looked liked he was just trying to clip it to the back post! Will watch highlights later, fair play to the lad if he did mean it!

I suspect only one person will know if he meant it, I was in the Copland Rear and it looked like a cross to me but fair play if he did mean it.

That's what this forum should be about.....some (really just one) don't like any critical evaluation but in the main debating what we think are strengths, weaknesses, positives, things to work on, views on team selections etc is the purpose of this place. I think it's a good thing to evaluate the performance regardless of the result. As long as folk aren't being critical for the sake of it and provide some constructive points/opinions then its very worthwhile IMO.

Oh and AL I notice you have said a few times that the goal they scored was a stunner....I may be wrong as haven't seem the highlights yet but I'm convinced he was trying to clip it to the back post for a cross and got lucky.

Yup that's what its all about good healthy debate and constructive reasoning, its what I joined RM to take part in.

i said to my mates before the game kicked off yesterday , when the team was announced that there was just too many changes.

The full back 4 was changed, Andy Little shunted out to wide left was also a mystery to me.

It upset the full flow and balance of the team in my opinion. McLeod, Little and Clark were poor in the 1st half. Perralta looked short of fitness and he does not look like a wide midfielder to me, good player though.

Stevie Smith stated like a house on fire and I was really impressed as he bombed up and down past us in the West Enclosure, He looked really good and was only let down by his final cross, If anything he was putting the ball in too early before we could attack the box.

Credit to Arbroath they played well and competed and closed us down at every opportunity, Moving Little inside changed the game in my opinion and gave us width and a better balance.

Nicky Clark looked like a player who does not think he is good enough for Rangers.

Jig was magnificent once again and it is hard to fault the guy, but like others I do not believe he is a centre back but he is getting by because he is not really being tested.

Jig is in the twilight of his career, He has no recovery, If someone goes past him he is never getting back, But his experience is seeing him through games.

I felt sorry for McAusland and Faure who were dropped and moved to accommodate Jig,

We won the game 5-1 but we struggled at times and it could have been so much easier, who knows?

Hindsight is wonderful

"True position"? What pish.

He played at LM for Wigan in the EPL.

McCulloch is a footballer. He has the ability and football intelligence to play a number of positions well.

Did he not also play LM for us in a spell?

I seem to remember him being used as our outball in European games on the left.

You look at yesterday's game and see the result and think everything is rosy but the result doesn't, for me, tell the story of the game.

While travelling to Ibrox, you find out the starting 11 and I couldn't believe that Ally has switched the back line around so much just to ensure that our captain could be played.

Last game we played, Jig score a hat-trick, his first if his entire career and for that he deserved to start but never at CH but as a striker.

Because of Ally's apparent loyalty to Jig, he put a player (Faure) who's only solid position is at CH and moved him to RB & then dropped (not even on the bench) McAusland who has been outstanding.

He then forced out a striker (Little) to play on the left wing, a position he excelled in in one half of one game previously.

I believe that those tactical mistakes were to blame for our very poor 1st half performance.

We had lost our width down the right as Faure would hardly cross the halfway live as that's not his style, although Peralta was excellent at right mid.

The Arbroath team were very good for much of the game, played football & only lost it as the game wore on the the fitness did tell.

So, to sum up ... Yes, we scored 5 goals but as I said, that doesn't tell the whole story.

I hope you have forwarded this to Ally.

For me, a central defenders performance is judged on how well he defends.

If JIG deserved to keep his place (which he did) then it should have been up front, with Daly sitting on the bench.

Saying 'aye, but he scored a hat trick' means nothing with regards to his defensive performance (which was actually decent).

Unfortunately, JIG at CB meant Faure at Rb (and with Wallace injured) which meant we have no width from our fullbacks which is needed when your midfield contains a DM, 2 CMs and a CF.

If you have unadventurous fullbacks, then you need natural wingers on the side. Ours sat on the bench.

We won, and by a big margin, but it doesn't mean Ally didn't get it wrong with tactics and selection yet again.

Er Smith offered lots of width on the left - Faure less so on the right. Big Lee plays well at CH and I would be happy with him there at any time, It may well be Faure that gets dropped for Foster as RB and that might have happened yesterday if there were not so many other changes happening due to all the players now being available and Wallace being injured.

To complain about a manager that gets a 5-1 win shows a sort of arrogance in our support, in particular when it is only the first game where all players are now available - is 5 -1 now some sort of base line? If we had only (ONLY :pipe:) won 2 -1 would this place be in melt down?

Did he not also play LM for us in a spell?

I seem to remember him being used as our outball in European games on the left.

Yep and Walter, who according to some was a shit manager, who made crap decisions and played players out of position and was to defensive, and had 11 back at corners, got pelters on here for buying Lee, playing him at LM, playing him at CB, etc etc.

Fuck me, it seems that some believe blind loyalty is the method the support must follow.

Turn up, pay your money & say fuck all about anything !!

If all you want is for the team to win by any means necessary then that's fine, me ... I want the team to be a cohesive unit, I want players playing in thier correct position.

Last season a common complaint was that our players were never where they should be, Ally got it in the neck because of this and the poor performances that resulted from it.

This seasons the results have improved dramatically but players out of position hasn't changed but now were winning everything is fine.

The first 45 mins were proof to me that the same issues will appear if we continue in that manner.