McCoist - Have you revised your opinion?

TravelingWilBEARy

I think we now have a good mix of youth and experience. He's proven that he's willing to give youth a chance. If you're good enough then the opportunity is there. Macleod has proven that.

when has he proven that, when he dropped mccausland for a home game against arbroath, when he played peralta at right mid instead of barry mckay,

we do have a good mix of youth and experience, unfortunately, because we need to win every single game mccoist will choose experience over youth, its a vicious circle that needs broken

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit my opinion is getting Worse!!!

On Tuesday i sat there watching players out of position, Not one Substitute went out to warm up until half time then until Moshi went down with an injury in 2nd half.

Then low and behold player sent aff, on ye go boys. Super got lucky on wednesday because if he didnt change it, and he wasnt goin to change ut, we would have lost a goal.

Teams should be changing for us, why do we play players out of position to worry about other teams??? Were fkn Rangers, they should change for us!!!!

Ally changed the formation at half time - btw we were winning at that point- then there player got sent of - two bookabke offences because he (chap sent iff) could not deal with the pressure Nd committed two offences - that is the team making 'the luck' of getting that player sent off!

( not aimed at you) but this 11 back for corners not only did Arsenal do it at the weekend but Baske did it against Chelsea last night as well - seems a modern tactic - also was not the 'law' goal of the seasin a break from a corner?

Ally changed the formation at half time - btw we were winning at that point- then there player got sent of - two bookabke offences because he (chap sent iff) could not deal with the pressure Nd committed two offences - that is the team making 'the luck' of getting that player sent off!

( not aimed at you) but this 11 back for cirners not only did Arsenal do it at the weekend but Baske did it against Chelsea last night as well - seems a modern tactic - also was not the 'law' goal of the seasin a break from a corner?

arsenal were playing sunderland, basel were playing chelsea, were playing posties and brickies, sure we can take a bit of a chance against guy who have bigger priorities than football ffs

Ally can't win.

When he fails the usual suspects will jump on his back, when he wins they'll say it'd only because of the poor standard of competition.

is it a fair competition though

if Mayweather fought a nobody and won, then the fact its a nobody would be mentioned, if mayweather lost then he would rightly be criticised

its not like we are level competition with our opposition

there was, ally broke his leg for scotland, even then mcswegan was flogged at the end of that season for 400k to notts county after 18 appearances and only 4 goals, not exactly a chance was it,

danny wilson was good enough, but the fact is he only got there because bougherra was injured and then fucked off for the ACON

Then we can look at guys like charlie adam, played out of position, flogged for 500k then 2 years later after starring at blackpool in his natural position is a 9million quid player

John Fleck is another one, heralded as the next big thing, his attitude might have stank, but he only managed an average of 10 appearances (including sub appearances) for the 5 seasons he was in our first team

Kirk Broadfoot, signed as a centre half, shunted wide right, lambasted by the fans for not being good enough, fucks off to blackpool and is a star for them at centre half

hell we even spent 2million quid on maurice edu and he only got a game because fergie's antics meant smith had to drop him and shagger

Smith never believed in young players at all, remember christian dailly getting on as a midfielder in extra time against celtic when we lost the league cup while edu sat on the bench

The thing is, it worked for smith, as he was given the financial backing to have the luxury of not relying on youth, mccoist doesnt have that luxury, he has to develop youths, even if they arent good enough for us they may well be worth a few bob in the transfer market, but only if they at least get first team football to show them off to other teams

Its a trait that ally imo has to break, i know its "win at all costs" at rangers, but while we are almost guaranteed titles down at this level, we should be developing youngsters a lot more than we are, lewis macleod is an exception this season, but when blacks ban is up there is a good chance he will be dropped or else shunted wide right to accomodate more experienced players

Nicky Clark imo should be playing 90mins every game providing he is fit and not suspended, sure he may have some stinkers, but down at this level we can get away with some guys having off days, but at least it allows clark to develop some consistency which will hopefully reduce the number of stinkers he has, same for mccausland at right back, faure at centre half, macleod at centre mid and any other youngster we have that could be worht a transfer fee to someone else

playing young guys out of position does them nothing except dent thier confidence when they need it most

Walter said if they are good enough. If you think Charlie Adam, as one instance, didn't play his part in not being selected then you're wrong. You don't just pick young players because they are young, or because they'll develop eventually, they get picked because they are good enough, and like everyone else, if they are not good enough then they are dropped.

Not totally against ally but you have to admit things he does can drive you insane. A blind guy can see that faure is never a right back. All preseason we went with a 4-1-3-2 formation and we looked really good. Macleod and law were fantastic and all the new signings fitted in superbly. Fast forward a month and we get use of all new players-the same ones that played all summer in a 4-1-3-2. What does ally do? Plays a 4-4-2 with players all over the shop and the 5-1 scoreline flattered us a hell of alot.

Now Arbroath man for man are no where near good enough to be coming to ibrox and taking the lead and up till our equaliser looked superior to us. If mccoist cant out do league one managers then we really are flogging a dead horse. I doubt he'll last a full season when get back to the top flight

arsenal were playing sunderland, basel were playing chelsea, were playing posties and brickies, sure we can take a bit of a chance against guy who have bigger priorities than football ffs

Take a chance? Are set pieces not what small teams live for - best chance of a goal and all that - and if we kept on losing goals from set pieces would Ally not get slaughtered for team loading goals - so far we have been mean defensively and scored a good number of goals and have only just begun the process bedding in all the new players to the squad.

Walter said if they are good enough. If you think Charlie Adam, as one instance, didn't play his part in not being selected then you're wrong. You don't just pick young players because they are young, or because they'll develop eventually, they get picked because they are good enough, and like everyone else, if they are not good enough then they are dropped.

So why did we sell adam or a poxy 500k then, 2 years of solid first team football made him worth 18x that

Take a chance? Are set pieces not what small teams live for - best chance of a goal and all that - and if we kept on losing goals from set pieces would Ally not get slaughtered for team loading goals - so far we have been mean defensively and scored a good number of goals and have only just begun the process bedding in all the new players to the squad.

Most teams leave 2 or 3 outside the box, 1 taking the set piece meabs they only have 6 or 7 outfield players in the box, we have 2 guys on the post, leaves 8 outfield players to mark 6 or 7 guys

Why not man mark and spare players (whippet forwards) stay outside the box to break

I have never had a poor opinion of McCoist and thought I would allow him to prove himself.

The team has only been out a few teams so he still has time.

When we played the friendly against newcastle I never seen the game but heard resounding great things about how we played.

Recently though I have noticed that the majority of our goals are not coming from our boys up front??

Whilst a win is a win I fail to think what McCoist is saying to these big earners at half time.

The problem is if we keep relying on non regular scorers winning the game our defence is weakened.

I was at the QOTS game seemed our attackers struggled to get through their defence. I also noticed a weakness on the left hand side of the goal post of our defence.

So Ally step up in your job your are supposed to sort these issues.

I'm definitely in the camp for giving McCoist time - that's only right.

However, and I'm really hoping that I'm wrong, but I think it will all end in tears for Ally. I just don't think he's going to cut it.

The rangers job is much more difficult than it's been for a generation. To succeed we are going to need someone tactically astute, have an eye for emerging talent and be able to coach improvements of both younger and more established players. The big bucks days are long gone.

I don't see anything wrong with stating your opinion on Ally, I support Ally but don't know 100% that he will cut it in the top league. The second part of your argument leaves me a little puzzled though, how do you know that Ally can't operate on a minimum/none existent budget, is it the millions he spent bringing in players that look useful.

On the whole, I back Ally as he's the Rangers manager, although some of his choices do baffle. He's doing well so far, hopefully he'll get a bit more experience behind him and beating some Premiership clubs in the cups to come. Then we'll have a better idea of what kind of manager he'll eventually be. There is already an improvement, but time will tell.

Ally can't win.

When he fails the usual suspects will jump on his back, when he wins they'll say it'd only because of the poor standard of competition.

Absolutely right, Ally can't win, and for the very reasons you state. I think he will never win over some people, and it's unfair. As far as I'm concerned I can see no-one else as Rangers manager right now; the club has the right man to take the team forward.

Absolutely right, Ally can't win, and for the very reasons you state. I think he will never win over some people, and it's unfair. As far as I'm concerned I can see no-one else as Rangers manager right now; the club has the right man to take the team forward.

Totally. (tu)

There's a dozen 'regulars' on here just waiting for us to lose to slag him.

Sorry, but it's true.

Not sure they're Gers fans though. :pipe:

To be honest, if you don't think McCoist is a manager at this point in his career, I don't think you ever will. That's mostly part and parcel of being a manager at Rangers. Plenty of people on here didn't just dislike Smith's methods, even as he won us three SPL titles in a row, they thought he was incompetent.

Personally, I think Ally's doing an adequate job. I could give reasons for forming that opinion, but most of them are highly subjective.

Some of his decisions are still shite ie putting your top goal scorer at the back instead of putting someone like Faure in their.

Taking off a midfielder and putting on a defender when we're 1-0 up.

FFS.

I think other managers would love to put their CF at CH and he still gets a hat-trick as well as being a solid CH. Tactical genius lol.

Faure? :lol:

Some of his decisions are still shite ie putting your top goal scorer at the back instead of putting someone like Faure in their.

Taking off a midfielder and putting on a defender when we're 1-0 up.

Funny thing is half the people on here were complaining that Jig was finished and should be shown the door, now their complaining he's a super striker and is wasted at CB. Well a free scoring CB must be at the top of any Managers list, we now have two, bolt the doors.

If he doesn't have the legs for a striker, he certainly doesn't have them for centre half then does he? McCulloch and Daly are the same type of striker, McCulloch has done far more to warrant a place ahead of Daly right now.

You're last comment is a bit mad, considering Mohsni is a defender....

What a stupid comment, being a striker is a lot harder than playing cb ,he doesnt have the legs for upfront anymore imo u ever played fibta? Plus he's playing well and scoring from cb

What a stupid comment, being a striker is a lot harder than playing cb ,he doesnt have the legs for upfront anymore imo u ever played fibta? Plus he's playing well and scoring from cb

He's a fucking striker. When will people get this. He deserves to play up front.