***The Official Rangers vs Stenhousemuir Thread***

AlBear.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this match. I live in stenhousemuir, and support my local team when I can, with my father in law who is a massive stenny fan. They have improved a lot from last year, and should be actually second, after a disastrous late collapse against the pars at home a few weeks ago.

John Gemmill up front is a good player, and will give the defence a hard match, if he gets service.

Couple good players in midfield, Hodge being the best. Mcmillan at the back is excellent, but prone to yellow cards. Good keeper too.

Only time I will ever want to see stenny get beat.

I will go 4-1 for Rangers.

I just hope stenny give a good account of themselves.

I'd love to see a 3-5-2 one day.

I yearn for the good old days....2-3-5.....attacking football at its best....However...I shall be pleased with a 3-1 victory...First Goal scorer Jig in the 23rd minute from a corner...Jig scores his second from a penalty in the 49th minute....Last Goal scorer Temps after a mazy run and shot into the top left hand corner of the net 83rd minute.... and we all go happy and safe....Yep...had a dream... :hump: ...oooops....wrong dream..... :21: ..aye..thats the one..... :D

I'm away at a wedding this weekend, so I'll not get to see this game or much of the build-up.

I wouldn't change the team too much from the last couple of games, yes we were shit against Forfar, but we'll be at home, on a beautiful grass pitch, which will hopefully encourage a passing game.

Bell

Wallace

Mohsni

Jig

Foster

Black

Temps

Law

Peralta

Daly

Little

Ok, Peralta is out of position, but we need him in the side for his corners and free-kicks. Foster needs game time too. Give Temps 60 mins then bring on McKay.

One thing i can gaurantee is Stenny will come to attack.Talking to local supporters they say this is their best team for years.They have already beaten Dundee,Forfar and Peterhead away,and scored in every game they have played.

They have been involved in some crackers ie Arbroath away 4-4, again Arbroath away 4-3, and Dunfermline at home losing three goals in the last 5 mins to go down 4-5.

So with these facts in mind i go for a 3-0 Rangers win.. lol....

If Faure plays it has to be a centre back. Wouldn't mind seeing Jig and Daly up front with Law and Shiels in behind them in a 4-2-2-2 formation.

Bell

Sinnamon

Wallace

Cribari

Mohsni

Peralta

Black

Law

Shiels

Jig

Daly

There's not a chance in hell that Sinnamon is going to start at right back ahead of Foster, Faure and McAusland. McAusland has been our best right back this season and he can't even get on the bench.

There's not a chance in hell that Sinnamon is going to start at right back ahead of Foster, Faure and McAusland. McAusland has been our best right back this season and he can't even get on the bench.

That selection was more an indication of my feelings towards the ones you name all of whom are, to put it mildly, garbage.

I think so.

Yes, in my opinion. Allys is the only one which matters though. (tu)

It's all about opinions. You are right the managers is the only one that matters, but I think you're being very harsh on a player with European experience, a player who was brought through a successful club youth system and featured at every youth international level, and a young player only just starting his senior professional career.

It's all about opinions. You are right the managers is the only one that matters, but I think you're being very harsh on a player with European experience, a player who was brought through a successful club youth system and featured at every youth international level, and a young player only just starting his senior professional career.

Kirk Broadfoot and Christian Dailly have more European experience than Foster Al, it doesn't mean he, or indeed they, can play. Faure i don't mind so much if he is played in the centre but i have seen him too often for my liking at full back where he has struggled. He just isn't a right back. McAusland, i think i have seen enough of, i don't rate him. Last match at full back at Ibrox, Ally was giving him a right hard time. He isn't a full back either.

I'd experiment with Daly in central defence and Jig up front with Little. Black is a certain starter for me in midfield alongside Law. Rangers to win by 3 goals or more.

I would also go for Daly in defence, just to see how he copes in order to give us another option.