Kieran Prior happy to invest more

4evablue

Listened to Radio Clyde phone in last night.

Kieran Prior, an investor and supporter who has put in £1 million for a 2.5% stake of rangers, claimed that even Bill Gates would have the club running at a loss. He has evaluated the accounts himself and admits that its " not that bad" and insists Craig Mather needs time to take the club back into profitability.

He said that the most cunning man in business could not have avoided the one off payments to legal fees, oldco debts, ipo etc. He said he had done his sums and almost £9 million of the £14.4 million loss was one off and non recurring leaving a good opportunity for future profits.

Prior has welcomed the move to cut executive levels of pay. " there is no danger in my opinion as a professional investor of Rangers going under".

When asked if he would invest more he said he would definitely consider it as the business of Rangers has an optimistic future.

Biggest issue Rangers have at present is the "Rangers minded people" building a massive campaign against the current directors, feeding the media haters daily, and not allowing the board to get on with their jobs.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is confident enough to invest more then why not Murray and his cabal?

Or Dave King or indeed any other group of fans ?

Is it because they all talk a good game?

If they wanted us they could have done the dirty work at the start that Green& co did but no they want to destabilize our club and get us for nothing.

The operating loss of £14 million is based upon expenditure of £33 million and income of £19 million. Mr Prior reckons that £9 million of those expenses are non-recurring. Now the wage bill alone is nearly £19 million. So does he reckon that the non-staff expenses can be cut back to just £5 million?

If only some others could show some contrition and patience in all this.....prior admitted he expected the accounts to be worse and it seems some wish they were to justify their arguments.....not the first person to praise Mather either (ally, smith) but chris graham says he's a spiv....who to believe?

I'll be quite glad to hear his and any other investor's thoughts on the accounts. They are, after all, the people who will decide if any boardroom changes are to be made. They will not want their investment to be jeopardised by poor fiscal management.

Overall, things aren't as extremely good or bad as some would have you believe.

The operating loss of £14 million is based upon expenditure of £33 million and income of £19 million. Mr Prior reckons that £9 million of those expenses are non-recurring. Now the wage bill alone is nearly £19 million. So does he reckon that the non-staff expenses can be cut back to just £5 million?

Think you got a wee bit mixed up.

I believe he is saying the difference, without the one-offs, would have been £5m. Not good, but I don't think any of us expected a profit! With this in mind, as we progress, make better sponsorship deals, improved Sports Direct contract as opposed to the JJB fiasco, more hospitality (hopefully) and more TV money (if the fuckin' SPFuckingL don't take the pish), we should see ourselves in a better financial position. We as individuals can make help to make this happen by investing in tickets, hospitality, Rangers TV, goods from the Rangers shops, etc. I think he is saying he can see light at the end of the tunnel. He may be right, he may be wrong. I trust every true Rangers support hopes its the former.

I would guess he expects some cost cutting, but also income to increase.

Think you got a wee bit mixed up.

I believe he is saying the difference, without the one-offs, would have been £5m. Not good, but I don't think any of us expected a profit! With this in mind, as we progress, make better sponsorship deals, improved Sports Direct contract as opposed to the JJB fiasco, more hospitality (hopefully) and more TV money (if the fuckin' SPFuckingL don't take the pish), we should see ourselves in a better financial position. We as individuals can make help to make this happen by investing in tickets, hospitality, Rangers TV, goods from the Rangers shops, etc. I think he is saying he can see light at the end of the tunnel. He may be right, he may be wrong. I trust every true Rangers support hopes its the former.

If he reckons that £9 million of the operating loss is non-recurring, then he must think that the operating expenditure can be cut back from £33 million to £24 million or, alternatively, that we can significantly increase our income.

The other week Prior was getting called all sorts on here for voicing concerns, now his word is taken as gospel. Top stuff.

He answered that himself. He was taken in by the scare stories too, then he analysed the accounts and realised there was nothing in them to worry him.

Mr Prior does not reckon, he knows. He knows the £9 million is non recurring, so did the auditors who made this clear in their statement to the accounts. The rebels who want the club for nothing are trying hard to cover this fact up with their scare stories.

I have to laugh at some folk who have turned 180 degrees on this story.

Previously, he had links to Opus Dei, he was timmy in disguise, his IQ was all bullshit, he was secretly plotting the clubs downfall and his opinion was an irrelevance to the whole boardroom shennanigans.

Now, that he has seemingly backed the board, hes a good cunt who knows his stuff & folk want him to invest further.

Way to stick to your principles folks !!