Yesterday's meeting an interesting time ahead, how will they spin it.

bawsburst

The question is how are the Rangers Supporters Association, Rangers Supporters Assembly and Rangers Supporters Trust going to spin that which was an extremely positive minuted/recorded meeting for the club and board, with checkable minutes/recording there is no room for any misinterpretation, little wonder a bland statement was issued rather than a simple synopsis of the meeting.

I will hazard that the last bolded part will result in not enough information for a full statement from the Rangers Supporters Association, Rangers Supporters Assembly and Rangers Supporters Trust, if that were to occur the club should be releasing a full unabridged account to all fans as indeed they should anyway

Rangers fans quiz Mather

Updated on the 11 October

00:33

Published 10/10/2013 21:03

Rangers supporters have quizzed Ibrox chief executive about the on-going boardroom rows destabilising the club.

A delegation from the club's three main fans groups - the Rangers Supporters Association, Rangers Supporters Assembly and Rangers Supporters Trust - met with Mather as well as finance director Brian Stockbridge and director of communications Jim Traynor on Thursday afternoon.

Mather is currently battling a group of shareholders - led by billionaire businessman Jim McColl and former Blue Knight Paul Murray - who want Mather and Stockbridge removed from the board.

The club will hold its first annual general meeting since it was liquidated on October 24, although a hearing at the Court of Session on Monday could see that shareholder summit postponed.

In a statement given to Press Association Sport, a spokesman for the RST confirmed the supporters had sought answers on recent events at Ibrox.

3447786819.jpg

He said: "Today the Rangers Supporters Association, Rangers Supporters Assembly and the Rangers Supporters Trust had a meeting with club Chief Executive , Finance Director Brian Stockbridge and Director of Communications James Traynor.

"A full and frank discussion took place across a wide ranger of topics including the IPO process and costs, management remuneration, financial performance and outlook/future investment, AGM and resolutions and media and communications.

"A set of minutes will be circulated [to our members] in due course.

"The board members also undertook to provide further information before the AGM to respond to a number of questions raised."

Copyright PA Sport 2013, All Rights Reserved

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how it will be sent out to their members? How many season ticket holders do these groups have out the 35,000? I would think these groups cover about 25% at most? What about the rest of the fans? Are the minority more important than the majority of fans? The quicker we get every one under one banner the better, These clowns had a meeting with Whyte and took his bullshit about the account? I got Mark Dingwall to call me at home, Rangers passed him the message, to his credit he called me a week or so later, I told him what exactly I thought of their out come with Whyte was, it was a disgrace, the came away with bullshit and the rest is history? These guys do not speak for me.

I suppose we will now see another round of 'he said' - 'no he didn't' - 'this is what he should have said' - 'this is what he didn't say' round of stuff which the newspapers and tv channels will feast on and then put through their spin machines to produce inference, warped interpretation, and stories to suit their own agendas. Might be less so if a jointly agreed set of notes of the meeting was published but I guess that would be too much to hope for.

The groups and the Club Directors will have known in advance of this meeting that whatever is produced as a record of the meeting, or whatever is leaked and leaked with the interpretion placed on it by the leaker, would be likely to increase the heat much more than increasing useful enlightenment leading up to the AGM. Having taken that risk (or opportunity as the case may be for some) they will of course need to live with the consequences when the media get hold of the info and places its own spin on events and when it starts to get discussed in internet forums. In a way I'm left wondering if this was meant to be a sort of fans AGM but ahead of the legal / formal AGM and if that is to be the way of things going forward then maybe the Directors should think harder about the terms under which these meetings are held and about the means by which the outcomes are to be reported to all Supporters (and not just the select few).

I suppose we will now see another round of 'he said' - 'no he didn't' - 'this is what he should have said' - 'this is what he didn't say' round of stuff which the newspapers and tv channels will feast on and then put through their spin machines to produce inference, warped interpretation, and stories to suit their own agendas. Might be less so if a jointly agreed set of notes of the meeting was published but I guess that would be too much to hope for.

The groups and the Club Directors will have known in advance of this meeting that whatever is produced as a record of the meeting, or whatever is leaked and leaked with the interpretion placed on it by the leaker, would be likely to increase the heat much more than increasing useful enlightenment leading up to the AGM. Having taken that risk (or opportunity as the case may be for some) they will of course need to live with the consequences when the media get hold of the info and places its own spin on events and when it starts to get discussed in internet forums. In a way I'm left wondering if this was meant to be a sort of fans AGM but ahead of the legal / formal AGM and if that is to be the way of things going forward then maybe the Directors should think harder about the terms under which these meetings are held and about the means by which the outcomes are to be reported to all Supporters (and not just the select few).

Doubt that will happen this time RB the existence of a verbatim account held by the club will/should ensure that, basically any deviation or unmitigated spin by either side I may add will be up there to be shot down in flames.

There will nowbe a brief silence while Minico work out how to spin it

If anything controversial came up they would be screaming it from the rooftops.

Their silence is telling.

Even they are feeling the sands shifting under their feet.

dont worry mark and pals will suddnly push a line which will also be pushed (though completely by coincidence) by the trs mob

followed up by their journo pals

but the main thing is there is no agenda

They say the speak for the fans but it seems they only speak to their members.

I don't think they actually state they are the fans reps/speak for the fans, think that's more the media that does that. Of course, if they had any decency they would ask for that to be corrected and state that they represent their members only.....

They say the speak for the fans but it seems they only speak to their members.

It would be a lot better as well if what they said was useful in anyway to the larger Rangers support. I can't remember any of these groups putting forward any type of coherent plan, unless it benefits whatever faction they may currently be supporting. In fact, it's usually just a re-hash of what the faction they support has already said. I'm not sure any of this helps Rangers and their fans any. There should be a regular updating process in place to let ALL fans know and keep up to date with what's what at our club.

That one has already been covered in detail, with other payments being lumped in with the IPO costs.

Do you have a link to these details? Are the other payments the ones where the club paid for itself out of the IPO and all the "investors" got their money back?

Do you have a link to these details? Are the other payments the ones where the club paid for itself out of the IPO and all the "investors" got their money back?

It was covered by Mitre Mouldmaster and Boss, and some more of the financial guys but that was the gist of it, the IPO was used to pay back the money to the investors, I will try and find the link, it was a couple of days after the Accounts were released.

If big Mark wasn't representing the RST, he was obviously there on behalf of one or the other two organisations. So, does that mean that two out the three are run by the same man? How very democratic.

Whats this? The poster RST assured us he wasn't attending.

Mark Dingwall was representing the Rangers Supporters Assembly. Andy Kerr was stuck in Newcastle and asked Mark to step in at short notice. The RST reps were Andy Sheppard and Ronnie Johnston."

Well done Andy.

Oh. Was it only Mark who represented the Assembly?

Mark Dingwall was representing the Rangers Supporters Assembly. Andy Kerr was stuck in Newcastle and asked Mark to step in at short notice. The RST reps were Andy Sheppard and Ronnie Johnston."

Well done Andy.

I just dont get it. I really dont. Is it 100% unquestionably true that the person representing the Rangers Supporters Assembly last night does not own a season ticket ? Or is it just an unconfirmed rumour thats easy to throw about ?

Who personally knows him and can vouch either way ?

You can bet your bottom dollar Murray and McColl will have been told in full what happened. They are not members of any of these groups so work it out where the leak will have come from....he who has to be in control.

It's a stonewall certainty ,,, they more than likely 'suggested' a few of the questions that were asked as well.

I just dont get it. I really dont. Is it 100% unquestionably true that the person representing the Rangers Supporters Assembly last night does not own a season ticket ? Or is it just an unconfirmed rumour thats easy to throw about ?

Who personally knows him and can vouch either way ?

Its 100%. He will tell you himself that he doesn't have a ST.If he buys a ticket for every game I don't see the issue with not having an ST. However he should not be attending a meeting on behalf of the Assembly.

Its 100%. He will tell you himself that he doesn't have a ST.If he buys a ticket for every game I don't see the issue with not having an ST. However he should not be attending a meeting on behalf of the Assembly.

He should not be attending any meetings full stop.

Bear in mind his entire career and income is via Rangers and gullible fans. Self interest will always be his main focus at these meetings.