SFA Could Block Dave King.

No.12

The Scottish FA could block Dave King from taking up a place on the board at Rangers under their fit and proper person guidelines.

The businessman has been reported as being close to making a return to Ibrox following talks with chief executive Craig Mather.King has been touted for the role of chairman at Rangers, a role which would see the governing body judge whether he will be eligible to take up a role in football.

The Scottish FA does not administer a fit and proper person test but does follow illustrative guidelines against which potential office bearers are measured.King would potentially fall down on two counts.

Firstly, the fit and proper person guidelines state consideration would be given as to whether an office bearer is fit and proper if "he has been convicted within the last 10 years of (i) an offence liable to imprisonment of two years or over, (ii) corruption or (iii) fraud".

The former Rangers investor recently settled an income tax dispute in South Africa which saw him plead guilty and convicted of breaching 41 counts of the country's Income Tax Act. He agreed to pay £45m as a settlement.King also had to pay a fine of just under £210,000 or else face 82 years in jail.

Secondly, King was still on the board of directors at Rangers when the old company which operated the club went into administration in February 2012. The company subsequently entered liquidation and sold its assets to a newco.

The fit and proper guidelines state an office bearer may be blocked from being approved if "he has been a director of a club in membership of any National Association within the five-year period preceding such club having undergone an insolvency event".

Failure to meet the aforementioned criteria does not automatically forbid a person from taking up a position at a Scottish football club.The onus also falls on the club in question to provide the governing body with any relevant information which could potentially exclude the office bearer from taking up his role.

The Scottish FA, who would not be able to prevent investment from King without him taking a place on the board, were unavailable when contacted by STV today.King previously invested a reported £20m in Rangers during Sir David Murray's time in charge.

Might have known.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have already said mini would pass despite being a former director so that won't count against king.

The other tax stuff might, but I doubt it.

If he was aligning with the rebels the papers would be telling us their sources at the SFA say it is fine.

Every time we take a step forward or even look like it these bastards jump on it and try to taint it.

This story is designed to kickstart a campaign to put the SFA in a corner where they can do little to help, even if they had the will.

I only wish we were that quick to head their things off and block them.

Funny how the STV have came out with that, and at the end saying the SFA were unavailable to comment..

Are they giving them ideas?

That's been the way of it over the past couple of years, journalists doing research to find stories that make headlines about something which may or may not happen, mainly about Rangers!

The SFA commented when the same story broke about Paul Murray that there is no hard and fast rule, in fact it is mentioned in the article above, each case is taken on its own merit and the applicant makes a case for themselves. As I said in another thread I am sure Dave king mentioned a while back that he had already been in touch with them about this issue and got a positive response.

On the tax issue, not sure if this applies to him, there are many highly successful people who have came to agreements with their tax authority only for the tax man to, years later, change the rules and back date the decision and try to reclaim back tax. I have one friend, loosely calling him that, that at one point was accruing $aus1Million per day in interest on back taxes. They very rarely get away with paying nothing!

The sfa are more to blame for the Whyte fiasco than Dave King. He passed their fit and proper test, then they rubber stamped him as chairman, their negligence and not Dave King put us in that trouble. As for Dave King? He and the South African goverment came to an agreement of 40 odd million did they not? So as i see it, he has been charged and conflicted of nothing. Do you think the sfa want another war with us? The sfa will not stand in Dave Kings way now the tax issue has been resolved. Dave King will put the club first and will be a great chairman. Could not be happier with this news.

The sfa are more to blame for the Whyte fiasco than Dave King. He passed their fit and proper test, then they rubber stamped him as chairman, their negligence and not Dave King put us in that trouble. As for Dave King? He and the South African goverment came to an agreement of 40 odd million did they not? So as i see it, he has been charged and conflicted of nothing. Do you think the sfa want another war with us? The sfa will not stand in Dave Kings way now the tax issue has been resolved. Dave King will put the club first and will be a great chairman. Could not be happier with this news.

As part of the deal he plead guilty. That will be enough if they choose to see it that way

The SFA need to be careful not to overstep or extend their perceived influence or they could have an extremely damaging legal case. There are two entities. The PLC board and the football board. If Dave King becomes chairman of the PLC side they would not have a chance of preventing that. They would lose in a court of law. They will not even consider such a futile move.

It is not their remit or decision on who does what with their money. That is business, democracy , some may say capitalism. They cannot stop anyone owning shares or the plc company. Only government finance and company regulations can prevent that. If DK passes through those checks then he can be chairman and invest. Now if he wants to be on the football board, well that is a completely different scenario. Why would he be on that as he should be directing the business side that will support the football club. As we have said all along. PLC and club are two different entities. Dhims,SFA and Mhedia know this but doesnt stop them spinning another non-story ...yawn! Be calm , long live the King.

Lang2911, This guy has invested more money in scottish football than all these clowns. We know who do not want King involved? Our enemy's that's who, Do you think the sfa can afford another fall out with the Rangers fan base? Let's say they do block him? We will see them in court? The sfa fucked up big style with Whyte, King could do nothing about it, Whyte was chairman also and this allowed him to monopolise the accounts. Our old board told them no to Whyte, the tax man warned them in September that year, and what did they do? Not a hope in hell of keeping King out of Ibrox. We were bullied and railroaded by the sfa as we all know. We beat them once in court, we will do it again if need be, they can't afford to lose as they will be left with our legal bill, and this time they will pay it as we will not succumb to blackmail anymore. Get a big White horse for mr King to ride onto the pitch at Ibrox, fuck our enemy's.

If the mhob try to stop King taking a post at Rangers it would lead to a law suit with him alleging restraint of trade and anti Rangers bias.

As part of his case he would have to bring into the public domain things like the previous illegal punishments, what happened to our prize money and of course the infamous five way agreement.

I think the expression we are looking for is bring it on

Y

lang2911, Also the sfa have no legal power over any company or any individual, they are not above the court of the land, if they block King then they are affecting the share price of a company, they can't legally do this, And how are the getting on with the 200,000 from Whyte. That's how much power the sfa have in a court of the land, that is why they are not perusing it? And as you said he plead guilty, as part of a deal? What was that deal? Was Mr King blackmailed into agreeing this deal? We all know what they did to us as a club and to Mr Green? Who says they did not blackmail Dave King? What is their deal worth in a court of law? Jack shit, that is what their deal means, Welcome aboard Mr King a true Rangers man.

Lang2911, This guy has invested more money in scottish football than all these clowns. We know who do not want King involved? Our enemy's that's who, Do you think the sfa can afford another fall out with the Rangers fan base? Let's say they do block him? We will see them in court? The sfa fucked up big style with Whyte, King could do nothing about it, Whyte was chairman also and this allowed him to monopolise the accounts. Our old board told them no to Whyte, the tax man warned them in September that year, and what did they do? Not a hope in hell of keeping King out of Ibrox. We were bullied and railroaded by the sfa as we all know. We beat them once in court, we will do it again if need be, they can't afford to lose as they will be left with our legal bill, and this time they will pay it as we will not succumb to blackmail anymore. Get a big White horse for mr King to ride onto the pitch at Ibrox, fuck our enemy's.

I agree with all of that!

lang2911, Also the sfa have no legal power over any company or any individual, they are not above the court of the land, if they block King then they are affecting the share price of a company, they can't legally do this, And how are the getting on with the 200,000 from Whyte. That's how much power the sfa have in a court of the land, that is why they are not perusing it? And as you said he plead guilty, as part of a deal? What was that deal? Was Mr King blackmailed into agreeing this deal? We all know what they did to us as a club and to Mr Green? Who says they did not blackmail Dave King? What is their deal worth in a court of law? Jack shit, that is what their deal means, Welcome aboard Mr King a true Rangers man.

That depends, I'm afraid to say, the UEFA I think rules state that no club or associated company can take the footballing authority to court or they will be sanctioned, biggest mistake d&p made as far as I am concerned as it helped fuel a lot of bad blood and gave ammunition to the SFA/SPL.

There is also another thing to consider, who owns the footballing licence? Club or company, someone pointed out about septic that the company that owns the footballing licence has no players, they are owned by a different company, are we the same? If so then the SFA/spfl will have a say in that.

But as I said, I am sure DK has already approached them and a spokesperson said the rules are not set in stone but each case looked on its own merit, I agree it would be a mistake if they choose not to allow him on board.

That depends, I'm afraid to say, the UEFA I think rules state that no club or associated company can take the footballing authority to court or they will be sanctioned, biggest mistake d&p made as far as I am concerned as it helped fuel a lot of bad blood and gave ammunition to the SFA/SPL.

There is also another thing to consider, who owns the footballing licence? Club or company, someone pointed out about septic that the company that owns the footballing licence has no players, they are owned by a different company, are we the same? If so then the SFA/spfl will have a say in that.

But as I said, I am sure DK has already approached them and a spokesperson said the rules are not set in stone but each case looked on its own merit, I agree it would be a mistake if they choose not to allow him on board.

The club would not be taking anyone to court, Dave King would.

I'm not convinced that there is as much ill-will towards Rangers as we sometimes fear. A strong Rangers team would be welcomed in Scottish football because Scottish football needs a good competitive league. What has happened to us has been bad for the game here, and possibly every club has felt the effects of it one way or another.The sooner we are back in the big league the better, and if Dave King contributes to Rangers having a good team on the park then most would welcome that.

I'm not convinced that there is as much ill-will towards Rangers as we sometimes fear. A strong Rangers team would be welcomed in Scottish football because Scottish football needs a good competitive league. What has happened to us has been bad for the game here, and possibly every club has felt the effects of it one way or another.The sooner we are back in the big league the better, and if Dave King contributes to Rangers having a good team on the park then most would welcome that.

Really?