SFA Could Block Dave King.

No.12

Funny how the STV have came out with that, and at the end saying the SFA were unavailable to comment..

Are they giving them ideas?

The reason these things come out in this way is, I think, to test reaction of what they may get away with. From what I've heard of some radio debates, between fellow journos is that they would find it hard to ban him. Then again, they've not been averse to taking it on the chin in order to hurt Rangers in the past, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, or too down either. What these cunts are going to do next is any one's guess, but they must realise the present septic show is not drawing in the sponsorship needed to even pay their wages, so I live in hope that they will allow it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFA need to be careful not to overstep or extend their perceived influence or they could have an extremely damaging legal case. There are two entities. The PLC board and the football board. If Dave King becomes chairman of the PLC side they would not have a chance of preventing that. They would lose in a court of law. They will not even consider such a futile move.

It is not their remit or decision on who does what with their money. That is business, democracy , some may say capitalism. They cannot stop anyone owning shares or the plc company. Only government finance and company regulations can prevent that. If DK passes through those checks then he can be chairman and invest. Now if he wants to be on the football board, well that is a completely different scenario. Why would he be on that as he should be directing the business side that will support the football club. As we have said all along. PLC and club are two different entities. Dhims,SFA and Mhedia know this but doesnt stop them spinning another non-story ...yawn! Be calm , long live the King.

after the hysterical 'no to newco' campaign instigated by the taigs it wouldn't surprise me if they got their knickers in a twist over this . They see King as a threat to their attempts at destabilizing our club with his investment. Now hypothetically speaking IF 'They' were to go apeshit if he was accepted , that would on only highlight their hatred as surely they would want a person who is 'not fit & proper' to run our club ? .

To be honest the SFA can't win on this one.

Block a DK return and we'll be up in arms yet we are the same people who were also furious - albeit only after the event - that the SFA did not block Whyte taking us on what became the road to ruin. If the SFA follow their rule book King should not be back since he wa a board member when we went into administration. He is therefore disqualified for five years after that event.

Time we got back to the Rangers way of conducting ourselves with dignity and accepting that we, as a club, are responsible for our own decisions , and their consequences.

We can't have it both ways so we need to decide which way we want to go.

Don't thing the Tax case can stand up although he eventually pleaded guilty we was not convicted. Being part of the previous board could be a little more difficult but I'm sure he sought on a previous visit assurance from the SFA that he would be clear to take up post in some capacity with Rangers

I'm not convinced that there is as much ill-will towards Rangers as we sometimes fear. A strong Rangers team would be welcomed in Scottish football because Scottish football needs a good competitive league. What has happened to us has been bad for the game here, and possibly every club has felt the effects of it one way or another.The sooner we are back in the big league the better, and if Dave King contributes to Rangers having a good team on the park then most would welcome that.

Aye right .are you serious?

They have already said mini would pass despite being a former director so that won't count against king.

The other tax stuff might, but I doubt it.

If he was aligning with the rebels the papers would be telling us their sources at the SFA say it is fine.

Every time we take a step forward or even look like it these bastards jump on it and try to taint it.

This story is designed to kickstart a campaign to put the SFA in a corner where they can do little to help, even if they had the will.

I only wish we were that quick to head their things off and block them.

Peter will already have spoken to Stuart about the need for "sporting integrity", which in this context can be reduced to "don't let them get their hands on King's millions."

Said on Clyde SS last night he was found guilty of anything as he did an out of court settlement.

Who said it ?

And why are you listening?

Said on Clyde SS last night he was found guilty of anything as he did an out of court settlement.

Who said it ?

And why are you listening?

It seemed impolite to respond only once.

Don't thing the Tax case can stand up although he eventually pleaded guilty we was not convicted. Being part of the previous board could be a little more difficult but I'm sure he sought on a previous visit assurance from the SFA that he would be clear to take up post in some capacity with Rangers

Think you are getting yourself a little confused over the Tax issue. King was originally charged with Tax evasion and Fraud. After 13 years of pursuing him and getting no conviction the State and King then entered into a plea bargain. In return for the State dropping the Tax evasion and Fraud charges King entered into a plea and sentencing agreement to lesser charges of contravening Section 75 of the Income Tax Act. This included the failure to disclose information and to provide accurate information about incomes earned. He received a massive fine with the alternative of 2 years in Prison. So there was a finding and sentence. If there is anything the SFA can use against him it will be this.

I'm not convinced that there is as much ill-will towards Rangers as we sometimes fear. A strong Rangers team would be welcomed in Scottish football because Scottish football needs a good competitive league. What has happened to us has been bad for the game here, and possibly every club has felt the effects of it one way or another.The sooner we are back in the big league the better, and if Dave King contributes to Rangers having a good team on the park then most would welcome that.

I would say the opposite as far as football clubs in the lower leagues of Scotland are concerned , by the time we get back up there we will have proped up every one of them .

As part of the deal he plead guilty. That will be enough if they choose to see it that way

Are you sure about that ?

I thought It was an out of court settlement and he never plead to anything,just because it says so in the article doesn't make it true.

Peter will already have spoken to Stuart about the need for "sporting integrity", which in this context can be reduced to "don't let them get their hands on King's millions."

They cannot stop King from investing money. They can only bar him from being a director of the company.

Also the NOMAD (from AIM) and Companies Hosue will also have a view on the suitability of King and no doubt there will be regulations preventing someone with a convinction from being a director. He was a also a director (non exec) of the old company that was liquated .

He was convincted and here is the link. It is easily available to anyone who googles it.

The question is why are the board and King making these statements knowing the hurdles they face so close to the AGM.

They must know that King being granted approval (to be a director/chairman) prior to (or after) the AGM will be highly unlikely.

NONE OF THIS STOPS KING MAKING AN INVESTMENT HOWEVER .... but he has stated that he will NOT DO SO without control.

I see this as a bit of shit stirring by the media. The problem the SFA/SPFL would have in trying to block him is he could probably afford to tie them up in the courts for a long time, something they can't afford. If a sugar daddy in the form of c****c were to fund the case it would just expose them as having been behind a lot of what has gone on over the last couple of years regarding the football authorities and Rangers. I doubt if they would risk any "cats getting out of the bag" and facing any possible financial consequences.

I like your optimisim but i fear its misplaced, make no mistake about it the sphell mutants would love to see us dead especially the bheasts so they could go whining to the EPL claiming no competition in Scotland meant they were being held back and could they please join the EPL, im sure Scudamore or whoever would tell them to fuck off back to Oirland but i think they see it as their best hope of getting to England (which ironicly their fans hate) and the diddys in that league either think without either us or the bheasts around they would have a great shot at winning some titles but are too stupid to see that we and the mhanks are the top flight when we are back in it, or they are too stupid and in liewells pocket to care. Either way whilst we enjoy a renaissance of friendly clubs and real football in the lower leagues dont forget the hate of last year in the sphell is still there and its probably multiplied by our amazing ability to still be the No1 club in Scotland even in the 4th and 3rd tier.

They cannot stop King from investing money. They can only bar him from being a director of the company.

Also the NOMAD (from AIM) and Companies Hosue will also have a view on the suitability of King and no doubt there will be regulations preventing someone with a convinction from being a director. He was a also a director (non exec) of the old company that was liquated .

He was convincted and here is the link. It is easily available to anyone who googles it.

The question is why are the board and King making these statements knowing the hurdles they face so close to the AGM.

They must know that King being granted approval (to be a director/chairman) prior to (or after) the AGM will be highly unlikely.

NONE OF THIS STOPS KING MAKING AN INVESTMENT HOWEVER .... but he has stated that he will NOT DO SO without control.

LoL.