This 'football' forum!

CoatbridgeBear

Are you blind?

I was talking in general terms. Not a snapshot of tonight. The really long threads in here recently have been about football politics not matches. Looooong boring threads that will get longer until December. The football threads are considerably shorter. Warped priorities. Fucking boring if you ask me.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic.

I think there is too much expectation being put on some members of the current squad at times, players like Templeton, McKay, Sheils etc were being shouted for or criticised or Ally was being criticised for not playing them or them not playing well. All of these players had issues during preseason, either injuries or operations, a few others as well so were behind the rest in match fintess but some fans don't seem to know or accept this and were/are just calling for them to be thrown right in/out.

Senior squad players coming back from injury or not having played for the first team for a while will/should get precedent over youth players, we still need a strong fit squad if we are to progress in the cup. once it has all settled down and everyone is as fit as the can for them to become available for selection, results permitting some of the under 20's can be brought on.

Bloggers annoy the fuck out of me if i'm being honest. They seem to get way up on this high horse as if their word is gospel and all Rangers fans should agree, when in reality they're just random people ranting pish on the internet.

I cringe when they try to make our situation relative to fairy tale stories :lol:

Back on topic.

I think there is too much expectation being put on some members of the current squad at times, players like Templeton, McKay, Sheils etc were being shouted for or criticised or Ally was being criticised for not playing them or them not playing well. All of these players had issues during preseason, either injuries or operations, a few others as well so were behind the rest in match fintess but some fans don't seem to know or accept this and were/are just calling for them to be thrown right in/out.

Senior squad players coming back from injury or not having played for the first team for a while will/should get precedent over youth players, we still need a strong fit squad if we are to progress in the cup. once it has all settled down and everyone is as fit as the can for them to become available for selection, results permitting some of the under 20's can be brought on.

Agreed - also with a large squad the sad fact is good players have to be left out, the large squad gives us the luxuary of not having to rush players back and I agree once its clear we are winning / won the league I think Ally will introduce more rotation ot give more of the fringe/ younger players a chance. Also afte the Forfar resuly who can balme Ally for now keeping a settled winning side and allowing our confidence to develop prior to introducing more rotation.

I have to agree with this. I've barely posted in the last few weeks simply because the football chat has all but gone.

Like many posts in this thread, here's my take on it.

This is Rangersmedia Bears Den, a forum for discussing all things Rangers (and boy will they soon let you know if it's not applicable to Bears Den).

It is not Bears Den, A forum for only talking about football.

You may not be interested in the financial goings on but many of us are, and much as we have to wade through a lot of pish to get at something akin to the truth, there are many lively debates on the subject and it is THE biggest topic around at the moment.

I agree that it shouldn't be, but it is.

Having said that, the guys at Rangersmedia have built in a clever mechanism to save you a lot of grief. It is called the Bears Den home page where topics are all listed with a short header. A wee look at this soon tells you what is a football thread and what is not. (Usually anyway)

It's the future, you should try it.

Alternatively you could always create your own football threads.