Our Second Greatest Striker ?

tannerall

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Nisbet or Bert Konterman purely for those goals :peanut:

Seriously, Derek Parlane when I was a wean and Brian Laudrup over the last 20 years. I know Laudrup wasn't an out and out striker but you can't leave him out of any list.

While we're a it, who's the worse. I'll start -

Van Vossen

Van Vossen wasn't a bad player. He was tarred with the memory of one bad miss.

Scott Nisbet or Bert Konterman purely for those goals :peanut:

Seriously, Derek Parlane when I was a wean and Brian Laudrup over the last 20 years. I know Laudrup wasn't an out and out striker but you can't leave him out of any list.

While we're a it, who's the worse. I'll start -

Van Vossen

Van Vossen was not a bad striker, and I would recommend you see his goal at Rugby Park to prove that.

Step forward and take a bow the Goal Machines that were Colin West,Mark Falco,Seb Rozental and

Oleg Salenko!!!!!

Oleg Salenko...... 7 goals in 16 games isn`t bad. Never got a chance but I`d still put him down as another bad Walter striker signing.

and it did bobble before he hit it. We also won the game !

Very true, it was a horrendous bobble which you can't do much about, yet he still gets a slagging.

Never got played as a striker enough. Left us and ended up top scorer in Holland the next season !

Oh, he did get played up front on several occasions. I'm going for the definition that if you're capable of playing the main striker role and did for us, even only occasionally, then you count (no De Boer as he was always the deeper forward).