Our Second Greatest Striker ?

tannerall

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than McCoist? Not even in the same ballpark for me.

I only caught the tail end of McCoist's career really so I'm only going by what I remember, what I've been told by others and read etc. Ally himself admits that he didn't always make the most of every chance. Ally was by far a more complete striker - goes without saying.

What about two Ulstemen Sam English or Billy Simpson

The Sam English story is really a tragic one, his collision with Thomson had no intention yet he could never live with the guilt. The only one who insinuated it did was Maley - proof that innuendo and malicious comments are nothing new with Sexpest FC - Classless since 1888.

The Sam English story is really a tragic one, his collision with Thomson had no intention yet he could never live with the guilt. The only one who insinuated it did was Maley - proof that innuendo and malicious comments are nothing new with Sexpest FC - Classless since 1888.

No surprise really

Afterall they used the death of an ex squad player to get a game against us postponed due to injuries and suspensions

Will never let anyone of them I come into contact with forget that

Derek Johnstone, Bob McPhail, willie Thornton, Millar, Brand, Stein or Jimmy Smith????

Take your pick really.

I think these questions highlight how little recognition the older players get.

For example - Boyd is getting mentioned a lot. Was he really better than Bob McPhail?

well my Dad would say Stein, Brand, Torry Gillick or Willie Waddell, in my lifetime Hateley, R Fleck, Mols, Prso, Drinkell, if I had to pick one Mark Hateley would probably get the nod. I had the privalage of watching McCoist from the day he signed (think I was 5/6) and no one will surpass him. he was the epitome of being in the right place at the right time, something you can't really teach. good post.

Derek Johnstone, Bob McPhail, willie Thornton, Millar, Brand, Stein or Jimmy Smith????

Take your pick really.

I think these questions highlight how little recognition the older players get.

For example - Boyd is getting mentioned a lot. Was he really better than Bob McPhail?

It's not that they don't get recognition but it's going to be hard for teenagers and guys in there late 20s and early 30s to state that guys from 1928 or even the 60s where our 2nd best striker when most will have seen about a 2 minute clip of them if you're lucky