Fernando Torres

LucyBlue

Your opinion...  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate him?

• Great Player...Mourinho can make the most of him again.
    • Ach he's alright....bit of a sand-dancer.
    • He's shite. Biggest waste of money ever.

He'll never be a great player again. He's almost 30 now and has lost that extra yard of pace. I think he'll do okay this season and get quite a few goals but he used to do amazing things with the ball and regularly score spectacular goals, doubt we'll see that again.

Considering since signing for Chelsea he's played under Ancelotti, AVB, RDM, Benitez and never really shone under any of them, I don't think the managers are to blame. In saying that though, yesterday was probably the first game I'd seen Torres look the player Chelsea thought they were signing.

He's not shite, and still scores some good goals, but the things that made him so potent and a really exciting player to watch are largely gone/faded.

I think if you'd never seen him before this season, you'd think he was a very capable EPL striker - unfortunately most people remember just how unbelievably good he was circa 2008/9 and judge him compared to that.

He's not shite, and still scores some good goals, but the things that made him so potent and a really exciting player to watch are largely gone/faded.

I think if you'd never seen him before this season, you'd think he was a very capable EPL striker - unfortunately most people remember just how unbelievably good he was circa 2008/9 and judge him compared to that.

Sometimes players just lose that extra edge that made them sensational much like Mols with us after his injury, he was still a fine striker afterwards but nowhere near what he was.

Torres has suffered the same kind of fate.

Sometimes players just lose that extra edge that made them sensational much like Mols with us after his injury, he was still a fine striker afterwards but nowhere near what he was.

Agreed. Sometimes he just looks completely shot of confidence as well and takes a bad touch or loses the ball cheaply, whereas before he would have taken a defender out of the game with a deft touch or used his acceleration to create enough space to shoot. But overall, I reckon he could lead the line competently for most teams in Europe.

Fair enough but Torres' problems started when he cut his hair so hardly the same as what happened with Mols!

Love it when folk say he’s shite.

1 World Cup

2 Euro Championships (top scorer at last one)

1 CL

1 EL

FA cups

Aye he’s shite.

:lol:

I hate judging players simply because of the honours they won. Kirk Broadfoot could be world class to anyone that doesn't follow Scotch football.

I hate judging players simply because of the honours they won. Kirk Broadfoot could be world class to anyone that doesn't follow Scotch football.

Like Djimi Traore having the same number of Champions league winners medals as Ronaldo you mean?

Fair enough but Torres' problems started when he cut his hair so hardly the same as what happened with Mols!

Nah.

He had a injury he was nursing all the way through the WC in 2010 and it was causing problems before he moved to Chelsea in Jan 11.

Torres scored the winner in Euro 2008

Top scorer in Euro 2012

Scored in the final of the EL

Scored against Barca in CL

He's hardly been a passenger in all of those medal hauls has he?

I don't believe in the whole "class is permanent form is temporary" saying. di Stefano would be still knocking them in for Madrid if that was the case.

Torres is long finished. And just shy of 30, I don't see him coming back.

16 league goals in nearly 3 years. I remember he scored that in a single season for Liverpool... every full season he was there :lol:

To say he's shite though is nonsense.

He was dropped by Spain for the semi-final and final, been a bit downhill ever since compared to the standards he'd set

He's not the player he was before that was one of the best in the world but he's not finished or 'shite' either.

He is a good player who is benefiting from a world class manager who seems to be getting the best from him. His scoring in Europe by far eclipses his EPL record but you can see he still has power, pace and good technique from this season alone.

At 28/29 he can still do a job, Drogba was Chelsea's best striker from age 27-33 so it's not an age thing IMO.

Torres scored the winner in Euro 2008

Top scorer in Euro 2012

Scored in the final of the EL

Scored against Barca in CL

He's hardly been a passenger in all of those medal hauls has he?

He was one was the best strikers in the world at Liverpool. Fair enough he's stepped up in big games, but overall, he's not as good as he once was.