Scottish Cup - Do you want Celtic?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, would be more helpful if you learned to use the quote function properly, but hey ho.

We've also had some results that makes me confident that we can beat them at home.

But, nah, i get it. You're scared of them. I certainly ain't though.

Scared of them ?? .Cmon you know that's got nothing to do with it.If we got them or any other Premier side I'd support them every bit as much as I did at the brilliant Motherwell win .I just remember how bad we were against Utd more .Not enough has changed for me .

We are not ready to take on SPL quality teams, let alone Celtic.

Why though ? I just can't get my head around Ally's tactics and selection half the time. Beating a part time borderline amateur team 5-0 isn't the benchmark for us. Not when we usually step up in the second half when they are out on their arse. Launching high balls at plumbers and students is not preperstion for playing better sides. I watched Thistle a couple weeks ago and I was impressed how they always built from the back looking for a man. You cannot argue with our results at home in this league but I have yet to see us pass a team of the park. Players still don't look comfortable in what is expected of them.

You are correct though and away from Ibrox I think we would struggle against anyone in the SPL I really do. In a way it's s lose lose situation because the standard of opposition is so poor just now it's hard to suddenly step up a gear.

Why though ? I just can't get my head around Ally's tactics and selection half the time. Beating a part time borderline amateur team 5-0 isn't the benchmark for us. Not when we usually step up in the second half when they are out on their arse. Launching high balls at plumbers and students is not preperstion for playing better sides. I watched Thistle a couple weeks ago and I was impressed how they always built from the back looking for a man. You cannot argue with our results at home in this league but I have yet to see us pass a team of the park. Players still don't look comfortable in what is expected of them.

You are correct though and away from Ibrox I think we would struggle against anyone in the SPL I really do. In a way it's s lose lose situation because the standard of opposition is so poor just now it's hard to suddenly step up a gear.

It's a poor mans example of why Scottish teams will find it very difficult, if not impossible, to win a European trophy in the future. If your bread and butter games are played against poor opposition, it is very difficult to up your game to compete against the big guns.

Lee Wallace, Jig, Ian Black, Templeton and Cammy Bell would all hold up under test, as they have experienced the SPL but the newbies and youngsters have absolute no chance of stepping up a gear in a one off game, so the majority of our squad are at a lower league level and although I am sure some of them could function in the SPL, it would take them a while to adjust - hence why a one off cup game could make us look very poor.

It's a poor mans example of why Scottish teams will find it very difficult, if not impossible, to win a European trophy in the future. If your bread and butter games are played against poor opposition, it is very difficult to up your game to compete against the big guns.

Lee Wallace, Jig, Ian Black, Templeton and Cammy Bell would all hold up under test, as they have experienced the SPL but the newbies and youngsters have absolute no chance of stepping up a gear in a one off game, so the majority of our squad are at a lower league level and although I am sure some of them could function in the SPL, it would take them a while to adjust - hence why a one off cup game could make us look very poor.

You left out Daly ya bigot.

I say bring them on! We all know that playing against the scum is anyone's game. It doesn't matter how well or poor we are playing it's a whole different game playing against them.

You could say we would up our game the same way almost every part time team we play does against us.

We have nothing to fear playing them . No Surrender

And you're only using 2 results, from last season, with a nearly full different squad.

Hardly convincing yourself.

Good point gattuso I think we almost certainly would be beat and in part its mostly down to our defensive fragilities. Our current strike force is just as good if not better than septics. Ally has worked hard on tightening up defence but we still have a good bit to go

Oh yes, let us at them at Ibrox. give them below the screen section and fill the broomland stand with bears, get Ibrox rocking and get in their bloody faces from the first till the last kick?

Will be a tall order, but this is stuff legends are made off. Rangers to win 1-0 with big Daly scoring.

They would come down to earth with a thump and we would never let them forget it. With Rangers are back ringing round Ibrox to let the world know, we are very much alive and kicking.