*****The Official 5th round Scottish Cup draw thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Providing we get through I would take one of the following in the quarters, anyone in the semis (preferably weakest team though) and anyone in the final. The most important thing for us is to make it to the final. Winning it would be amazing.

Alloa Athletic v Dumbarton

Clyde or Stranraer v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Albion Rovers v Stenhousemuir

Brechin City or Forfar Athletic v St Johnstone

Bastard. Wanted a top tier team to prove a point. Dundee Utd with their over-rated youngsters would have been ideal. You'd get good odds for that and it would have been a great chance for revenge, particularly as they look so much weaker having lost their best player to us.

Would rather get someone like this and excellent that it's at home. Should be through to the quarters comfortably.

Don't go crazy at me for saying this but really hope we don't play Celtic at all in this cup. We'd get well and truly fucked over.

Would rather get someone like this and excellent that it's at home. Should be through to the quarters comfortably.

Don't go crazy at me for saying this but really hope we don't play c$%&:! at all in this cup. We'd get well and truly fucked over.

Nonsense. We have no under-16s in the first team.

You clearly can't be meaning on the pitch, in football terms.

Don't go crazy at me for saying this but really hope we don't play Celtic at all in this cup. We'd get well and truly fucked over.

Say we get them, do we throw in the towel and just withdraw from the cup?

If you want to win it chances are we will need to beat them

Say we get them, do we throw in the towel and just withdraw from the cup?

If you want to win it chances are we will need to beat them

That's all true mate but i'll be more than happy for someone else to knock them out, I don't quite have a 'bring them on' attitude before we've even drawn them but if we do then i'll be right up for it.

That's all true mate but i'll be more than happy for someone else to knock them out, I don't quite have a 'bring them on' attitude before we've even drawn them but if we do then i'll be right up for it.

No one "really" wants them, we never did in the cups in previous years either. But some folk need to get real, they're better than us but it's not an unreachable gap.

If we want to win it more than likely we must play them

No one "really" wants them, we never did in the cups in previous years either. But some folk need to get real, they're better than us but it's not an unreachable gap.

If we want to win it more than likely we must play them

It feels pretty unreachable when you look at how we played against Falkirk.

But maybe the occasion could make some difference.

It feels pretty unreachable when you look at how we played against Falkirk.

But maybe the occasion could make some difference.

We struggled to break another team down who once again sat in against us. I don't even think they had a shot on target :lol:

We need teams to actually turn up to play football against us, not blooter us over the park and camp out in their own box

We struggled to break another team down who once again sat in against us. I don't even think they had a shot on target :lol:

We need teams to actually turn up to play football against us, not blooter us over the park and camp out in their own box

They had 10 men for nearly half the game mate.

They had 10 men for nearly half the game mate.

The stats from the first half showed them have 1 shot and 0 on target, as soon as the boy was sent off they flung on another defender and took off the black winger/striker. They were hard to break down but caused us zero trouble

I think thats a bit of a cop out mate, teams will try to stop us playing and we need to be craftyer than them and counter that which eventually we did on Sat but to claim that we need teams to try and play to beat them means thats exactly what they wont do, its up to us to counter their defensive attitude.

We either have to play them, or some other team that beat them and is therefore better than them.

The stats from the first half showed them have 1 shot and 0 on target, as soon as the boy was sent off they flung on another defender and took off the black winger/striker. They were hard to break down but caused us zero trouble

Having the better play against teams like that is the bare minimum surely.

Just because the stats are better for us doesn't mean we aren't playing shite by not breaking them down etc.

I think thats a bit of a cop out mate, teams will try to stop us playing and we need to be craftyer than them and counter that which eventually we did on Sat but to claim that we need teams to try and play to beat them means thats exactly what they wont do, its up to us to counter their defensive attitude.

We didn't start playing again till the second half but it really isn't easy to play through these sides. A lot of our success came from us sitting back drawing them out abit and then Wallace went on a scampering run into the space.

Anyway seems Saturday wasn't good enough again like the other 18 we've won in a row.

Maybe the squad will come on here and find out what's needed