Robbie Crawford

SteveJ

With all the hype over Ally McCoist at the moment, I had a ponder over the actual team and where we go with Ian Black being suspended and Macleod being injured (subject to a late fitness test).

I am sure some of you would have a vote for Kyle Hutton, but this lad just does not do it for me - he lacks influence, composure and distribution. Some of you might also shout out for Mckay and I rate this lad highly but I wonder if he is suited more to an attacking role, rather than a stalwart central midfielder.

The man that stands out for me, if you can label him as a man, is Robbie Crawford. This twenty year old has impressed me on every occasion I have seen him wear the jersey. The lad has also impressed our new fitness coach - Jim Henry - in as much as being labelled the fittest lad at Auchenhowie and I am certain he was not going on his looks.

What impresses me about Robbie is not so much his fitness because, let's be honest, most midfielders in the Rangers squad should be fitter than the part-timers they are up against. The attributes Robbie impresses with are influence, determination and distribution. These are attributes I also seen in a very young Barry Ferguson, back in the early 90's. What completes Robbie for me is his skill - he can show some superb skills for such a young lad and has bagged a couple of important goals for us.

He may not be the next Fergie, in terms of a future captain, but stranger things have happened. For anyone who seen him come on as a sub against Airdrie, he was captured on screen trying to pull the team together at a time when they looked like conceding. He was rather forthcoming in his approach to this and this is something Ally has gone on record as saying Robbie does not do. Ally has already told the media that the lad would never say boo to a goose, yet here he was rallying the troops in the 90th minute.

It's time we used Robbie more and although I would not want to see Macleod lose any game time, I would be happy to see Robbie start on Sunday in the middle, with Black sitting out his suspension.

Thought it was 2 weeks before suspensions start

Can only get better if coaches do there job properly Robbie a talent for sure .some bulking up and bingo

it's enough that we have Daly who went to pineapple bingo, don't want Robbie going down that path. :matron: :D

A young boy who hasn't been given a chance in our team, yet some are slaughtering him...I'm at a complete loss with this place sometimes.

Who's slaughtered him? If people don't rate him then that's their opinion but nobody has been overly critical. Not every player who comes through the youth system is going to be a wonderkid.

Who's slaughtered him? If people don't rate him then that's their opinion but nobody has been overly critical. Not every player who comes through the youth system is going to be a wonderkid.

Always an element of some having rose tinted views where our own produced players are concerned.

Always an element of some having rose tinted views where our own produced players are concerned.

It doesn't help them on the pitch when they're expected to skin the full team and score every time they get the ball. Whenever some of them get on the ball you can instantly feel the pressure from the stands because of the hype they get, McKay especially.

Robbie could be a good attacking midfielder if he gets enough games and is given time to learn unfortunately he's been put on the right of midfield alot where he's obviously not comfortable and is already written off by some fans. When he gets 10 games + regularly at CM is the time to judge him, would we think as highly of Macleod if he had played most of his games on the left last season?