Mohsni

obiwan72

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the game last night when I got home (late) and, to be fair, thought he had not a bad game, disregarding his goal. Yes he does go in for a bit of showboating but, at least he is trying to inject a bit of entertainment. Only wish he would wait until after we are two up, however, as the old ticker is a bit suspect. Like many of our players, I think his game will improve as we move up. You play to the standard around you and it is difficult to play smooth, silky football when you are getting kicked all over the park.

Thats the thing though the Game threads are filled with "How shite Rangers are to watch" and then when we get a player with a little entertainment and showing then folk want him to stop :rolleyes:

Its always a lose lose situation and faced with the prospect of "whatever we do our fans will moan" I can totally understand why the management sets out to grind out results and call it a good days work.

Why is there so much negativity just now, Mohsni seems to have sunk from hero to zero in the space of 3 games which we won without conceding a goal, are we being fed the message "he plays for Rangers he must be crap". By the way maybe we should think about swapping Daly and Mohsnis positions in the team.

It seems to be since his sending off against Airdrie. Surely we should be rallying round him? He is much better than Cribari IMO, so things could be worse!

It's not enough to just win a game in these lower league's, we should be trying to entertains the fans, so Mohsni should .... no wait might have that wrong...

Yeah he is a bomb scare at times but he is definitely one of our better players. I'm sure he'll be more consistent as the quality of opposition improves. Can't believe an earlier poster stated he'd rather see Faure at centre half than Mohsni. Although he has slightly improved, Faure is an awful footballer, one of the worst I've seen in a Gers team.

There is a reason why Southend has been the zenith of his pre Rangers career.

Capable in spells, but seems to lack the composure and concentrations levels required for a good CB. On showings so far, he will be shown up as we go up a few levels, and at almost 27, you wonder if it's something we will be able to improve.

Thats partly because Southend rejected a bid for him from from West Ham. His issues all appear to have been to do with his temperament than talent. I think he is the sort of player who will improve against better opposition, his lack of concentration could be due to not feeling theres a challenge playing at the level we are at now. I enjoy his 'eccentric' approach to the game and there is no doubting his commitment to the fans. I wish there were a few more with his attitude (maybe not the rushes of blood though).

I did say when you signed him... I watched him for three years and he simply isn't a centre-half. He's a naturally talented player and will do a job wherever you put him on a field (other than centre-midfield as we discovered in April at Wembley) but he's at his best up front. We didn't play him at the back after his first few months in England.

Should the manager or coach not be telling him to cut it out or are they giving him free reign to roam up the pitch.

They are supposed to be looking at tapes of previous performances so these bomb scare passes should be notated at that time.

He's a naturally talented player and will do a job wherever you put him on a field

I think not concentrating on one position has hampered him, whether or not he's capable of concentrating on being a CB and getting the basics right and mibbee further developing into a decent CB at 27 remains to be seen.

You're absolutely right of course. Thing with Bil is that pretty much every other player, whether at Rangers or Southend, has been at a proper club since they were kids. We found Bil basically playing park football. He didn't spend his formulative years at a Professional Football Club and therefore will never really be a Professional. He's always the big boy playing with with kids a couple of years younger than him. If Paul Sturrock couldn't train that out of him then I doubt Ally McCoist will.

That said he's still great value. He'll cost you a goal here to there but he'll make up with it at the other end (and I maintain he'd outscore Daly up front). I hope he does well.

He does try and play football which I really like, but does worry me at times as well

He trys to play football my arse, the man has 1 pass in him thats a straight 60 yard punt up the pitch. Against Forfar he laced it straight up the pitch to daly 90% of the time he had the ball.

This crap also about you play to the level of your opponent is nonsense you play to your ability, and this team has ability against part time players. The squad we have now will not win the league next season against full time clubs as there general play in matches is god damn awfull.