Question for the fans holding this club back, i.e the fans still backing Mccoist

GOAT

He's off in the summer by all accounts. Plays some nice stuff but rather ineffectual this season. Still think he's a decent manager mind.

Based on this?

Managerial statistics[edit]

As of 25 January 2014 Team Nat From To Record G W D L GF GA GD Win % Brøndby 20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png July 2002 June 2006 132 76 31 25 237 119 +118 57.58 Getafe 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png July 2007 June 2008 59 25 15 19 81 70 +11 42.37 Spartak Moscow 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png September 2008 April 2009 14 4 4 6 15 17 −2 28.57 Mallorca 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png July 2010 September 2011 42 13 9 20 52 67 −15 30.95 Swansea City 23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png June 2012 Present 82 28 24 30 114 103 +11 34.15 Total 329 146 83 100 497 376 +121 44.38

Basically the greatest win % he has achieved was 57.58% for Brondby.

Have a look at Ally's stats - go on

I think they are absolutely realistic, but nowhere near top managers. I think they are realistically what we could expect, in which case I don't really see massive value in changing. Not really a massive upgrade for me

Both are doing well despite their finances in the spfl. McCall has had to make big changes to his squad with next to no budget and is still 2/3 in the league.

I was more making the point that I think these two , amongst others , would come to Rangers if asked.

Based on this?

Managerial statistics[edit]

As of 25 January 2014 Team Nat From To Record G W D L GF GA GD Win % Brøndby 20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png July 2002 June 2006 132 76 31 25 237 119 +118 57.58 Getafe 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png July 2007 June 2008 59 25 15 19 81 70 +11 42.37 Spartak Moscow 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png September 2008 April 2009 14 4 4 6 15 17 −2 28.57 Mallorca 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png July 2010 September 2011 42 13 9 20 52 67 −15 30.95 Swansea City 23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png June 2012 Present 82 28 24 30 114 103 +11 34.15 Total 329 146 83 100 497 376 +121 44.38

Not really based on loads. I think he's decent, certainly not spectacular or anything. Fairly early in his career I guess.

He is a bit of a buzz manager that some dafties (see the lad who posted about him) like to use to posit some kind of uber-tactical genius

Both are doing well despite their finances in the spfl. McCall has had to make big changes to his squad with next to no budget and is still 2/3 in the league.

I was more making the point that I think these two , amongst others , would come to Rangers if asked.

I'm sure they'd crawl over broken glass to come, but are they any good?

Yea and I agree. Also don't think they are bad managers or doing bad jobs. Just think some have this misconception that we'd be able to appoint guys well above these two. Think they are the level we'd be going for. And they could well be a step up from what we have, but i'm not sure they'd appease those who are desperate for some kind of classy, attractive football

Yea and I agree. Also don't think they are bad managers or doing bad jobs. Just think some have this misconception that we'd be able to appoint guys well above these two. Think they are the level we'd be going for. And they could well be a step up from what we have, but i'm not sure they'd appease those who are desperate for some kind of classy, attractive football

Apart from the point of them being a step up from what we have, which is purely subjective, I agree. Also admit that my contention that they are not a step up, is subjective, however backed up by statistics on win ratios. It's not easy comparing apples and oranges.

Apart from the point of them being a step up from what we have, which is purely subjective, I agree. Also admit that my contention that they are not a step up, is subjective, however backed up by statistics on win ratios. It's not easy comparing apples and oranges.

Completely agree. I feel they would be a step up in getting us to play a better brand of football. I'm not convinced they could take us to the desired level though. Doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, this, frankly. Not even thinking about so many other issues we'd face.

I'm sure they'd crawl over broken glass to come, but are they any good?

They're doing not bad , probably with a budget not much more than theyd get here if they came. And they're doing it in the top division.

Like I said ! it's more to do when asked with ' who would come ? '

And here, exactly, is the point.

He is not failing at his job, in fact he is succeeding. On games won he is the best manager in Scotland, UK, Europe.

What you are suggesting is that his job is to have the team play in a formation, style that you approve of.

Ally doesn't need to go, but perhaps you need to go and find a team that plays to your criteria. Shouldn't be difficult to find :pipe:

No point in debating with an idiot. I'm now going to add you to the idiot list.

But put somewhere else just to please some people.

Nah, where does it end?

Make wee sections up for people who just want to hear about stats and win ratios and an other for those who want to talk about the lackluster football being served up every week?

Worked for the board room stuff.

They're doing not bad , probably with a budget not much more than theyd get here if they came. And they're doing it in the top division.

Like I said ! it's more to do when asked with ' who would come ? '

Would they want to deal with all the shit that comes with being our manager nowadays? Still feel some managers will have their doubts, should the club remain as unstable as it is.

I'm surprised you even venture into the bears den, normally the only time I see you on here is when you're trying to get pumped off half the off topic mob.

I would be in the Bears Den more if there were things worth talking about as opposed to your obsessive weekly whinge and every other thread going over the same old ground.

I would be in the Bears Den more if there were things worth talking about as opposed to your obsessive weekly whinge and every other thread going over the same old ground.

Believe it or not, it's a Rangers forum, not plenty of fish. So you know what to do.

I think that's a fair comment.

If Ally does get replaced that would be the standard , along with Butcher and maybe McLeish , that we could attract.

The fact we're still going over the same old ground makes it easier to see we aren't making the progress we should be. Let's just forget about it and get on with it though.

Believe it or not, it's a Rangers forum, not plenty of fish. So you know what to do.

I would rather talk about the football instead of listening to your repetitive drivel.

Do you actually ever say anything positive about Rangers?

I mean we may not have played well at the weekend but we came from behind twice and went on to win.

Or maybe you would rather us lose to prove your point.

If that is your attitude then YOU are the kind of fan who is holding the club back and not those YOU attack in your thread title.

I would rather talk about the football instead of listening to your repetitive drivel.

Do you actually ever say anything positive about Rangers?

I mean we may not have played well at the weekend but we came from behind twice and went on to win.

Or maybe you would rather us lose to prove your point.

If that is your attitude then YOU are the kind of fan who is holding the club back and not those YOU attack in your thread title.

I said a few days ago on another post that he will not get us promoted next year, the replies were we will walk the league next season. NOT A CHANCE

So Rangers won't win the Championship next season? A league with 4 part time teams, a car crash Hearts team that don't even have enough players to fill their bench right now and who might still be in admin by then and some utterly mediocre dross like Livi and Raith Rovers?

A traffic cone could be manager at Rangers next season and walk that league. The over hyping of the rest of Scottish football on here is ridiculous at times, it's Scottish Championship we are talking about not the English one. Rangers will win that league by a minimum of 10 points at least next season.

The fact we're still going over the same old ground makes it easier to see we aren't making the progress we should be. Let's just forget about it and get on with it though.

That is one way to look at it. I would discuss that with reasonably mature people and not those who throw their toys out the pram.

It is better to take a balanced approach to things.

That is one way to look at it. I would discuss that with reasonably mature people and not those who throw their toys out the pram.

It is better to take a balanced approach to things.

We can discuss it on the internet till the cows come home but McCoist hasn't progressed in the 2 and a half season he's been a manager and it doesn't look like he will any time soon.

I've stopped going to games as I just don't enjoy it at the moment. Do we wait till alot more feel the same way and stay away? Looks like that's the only way he will get the sack to me.