Are our team being coached as opposed to trained?

Adoniram

In season 09-10 we had various injuries an suspensions and Walter Smith had to make changes to his favoured starting 11 and he went with Novo wide left and Beasley wide right.

we scored 26 goals in 6 games and conceded 4

we beat Falkirk 3-1

St Johnstone 3-0

Dun Utd 3-0

Motherwell 6-1

Hibs 4-1

and Dundee Utd 7-1

That was a team that was stumbled upon by accident.

Aye but what happened when the injured players were fit again....he brought them back in and results and performances faltered.

McCoist is basically copying everything Smith did but doesn't have the same aura to command respect/fear. And it was that fear that drove many of Smith's teams on in the 2nd half of games.

Corners..McCoist copies him

Team selections..McCoist copies him

System..McCoist copies him

Preference for 'experience' over youth..McCoist copies him.

Use of subs..usually like for like and roughly the same times most games...again McCoist copies him.

Not a single new idea or thought from McCoist and that's why we are struggling to beat the likes of Arbroath

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? This place would go nuts if we lost a game and ally fielded 11 youth.. People would question what ally was doing.even you know that ffs

no they wouldnt, the league is done, look at the interest the matchday threads get in here now, barely on the first page the night before the game

Who cares? This place would go nuts if we lost a game and ally fielded 11 youth.. People would question what ally was doing.even you know that ffs

No it wouldn't and you know it.

It's what the majority of us wanted to see when we dropped down to these leagues.

If he came out and said he was going to play the likes of McKay, Gasparotto, Crawford and McLeod for the next few games I bet you many fans would take more interest as a result.

no they wouldnt, the league is done, look at the interest the matchday threads get in here now, barely on the first page the night before the game

Why all these ally bashing threads then. If no-one cares. The league is done so worry about how were playing next season then eh. Doesn't matter the rest of this season in your opinion

No it wouldn't and you know it.

It's what the majority of us wanted to see when we dropped down to these leagues.

If he came out and said he was going to play the likes of McKay, Gasparotto, Crawford and McLeod for the next few games I bet you many fans would take more interest as a result.

Quite - watching a load of young guys with potentially good prospects ahead of them, as opposed to a load of journeymen with 'great futures' behind them!

Why all these ally bashing threads then. If no-one cares. The league is done so worry about how were playing next season then eh. Doesn't matter the rest of this season in your opinion

because next season to rectify our mistakes may well be too late, the two part time leagues should have been where we blood our youths, tinker with our systems and starting line ups and try different gameplans, not play the same turgid shite week after week because "we are winning and thats all that matters"

i, personally, am absolutely scunnered at the short term thinking the club has followed since demotion to division 3, not one person has attempted to look beyond the season we currently play in, it is a fucking disgrace as we were handed basically a 2 year window to sort out our infrastructure and our future plans

instead we done fuck all but spend spend spend, look where that got us the last time

So a Scottish internationalist who was signed and coached by the Greatest and Most Successful British manager in our lifetime does not have any credibility to criticise another managers coaching.

I find that strange to say the least

Ferguson almost never coached players at United. His number 2 would take control of that. (Source Ferguson and Gary Nevilles autobiographies)

You don't have to be a 'world renowned coach' to criticise bad coaching. It's like saying you can't go out and have a bad meal and criticise the chef becaue you aren't a professional chef. Anyway, Ally is hardly 'world renowned' for his managerial abilities.

I may find a top class chefs food not to my taste but I doubt I would critisise his technique -,I also would not avoid his resteraunt based on critisism of how it was cooked from the guy that used to wash the pans.

I may find a top class chefs food not to my taste but I doubt I would critisise his technique -,I also would not avoid his resteraunt based on critisism of how it was cooked from the guy that used to wash the pans.

i would if the guy washing the pans told me that every single night the steak was sent back because it wasnt cooked right, i would clearly wonder why the chef was making the same mistakes every single time and why he hasnt rectified them

I am not a professional wanker but I know enough about it to recognise that some females that I have encountered in the past have not reached a level of performance whilst indulging me in this pastime that I found acceptable Do you doubt my credibility?

i doubt your credibility.

i know you are a full time professional wanker.

Ferguson almost never coached players at United. His number 2 would take control of that. (Source Ferguson and Gary Nevilles autobiographies)

He did plenty of coaching in his younger days and "almost never" does not really cut it.

Do you honestly believe he never had a hand in the training regime and structure of training?

Next you'll be telling me that he had nothing to do with the system played by Man Utd and it was just sheer coincidence that every Man Utd team from 1st team to youth played the same system and formation.

If you don't like the food then you do not make a return visit, Did you see the crowd on Saturday?

Season ticket holders are not even attending, The crowd drops by a third just after half time.

Have you ever seen anyone praise the style of play from McCoist's Rangers, What type of food would you say is being served up in Ally's kitchen?

Normally I would just include this in one of the many posts about McCoist but I think this is too important a point to be lost in other threads.

Michael Stewart was on sportsound yesterday and he states a point he and others in the game have noticed about Rangers.

Their claim is that the team is suitably trained, is fit but isn't coached.

Now think about that for a second....isn't coached. What does that mean though?

Listen to the points he makes and then tell me McCoist is coaching this team. I personally agree with every word he says as it's blatantly obvious to anyone with a modicum of footballing knowledge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

20min 27secs Stewart mentions the "having words" issue.

23mins 30secs he slaughters McCoist on the lack of style and coaching

WALOFS

FFS

If you don't like the food then you do not make a return visit, Did you see the crowd on Saturday?

Season ticket holders are not even attending, The crowd drops by a third just after half time.

Have you ever seen anyone praise the style of play from McCoist's Rangers, What type of food would you say is being served up in Ally's kitchen?

it would be chips sausage egg ans beans.

not perfect but it does the job it should do and fill you up.

it would be chips sausage egg ans beans.

not perfect but it does the job it should do and fill you up.

Yes Gogzy,

It could be classed as a meal but lots of people must be on a diet because they are turning up their noses at it.

If this is the only dish on the menu then the business will not prosper

I think the punters have had to much rich food and are moaning now there are on plainer fare and are impatient until the 3 Michelin stars return.

On the crowd I suspect the conditions and the 23 point league lead has taken some of the edge off for some.

I was going to say we are still playing the same style I witnessed in the 70s with Daly playing the Derek Johnstone target man role, but when I think about it that's a bit unfair. At least back then we played wingers who could hit the bye line and put a cross in.

Difference being that we got in behind teams with players like McKean, McLean, Fyfe, Young and O;Hara.

They crossed the ball to players like DJ, Stein and Parlane who could actually get off the ground

Oh joy - Michael Stewart - that top class footballer and world renowned coach (sic) is suddenly a credible critic of any manager, let alone our manager - how low do the Ally haters have to stoop - pretty low based on this evidence.

He's got a point though, and he could easily turn around and use the 'this ex-pundit of Question of sport is really clueless when it comes to coaching and tactics' truth.

I think the punters have had to much rich food and are moaning now there are on plainer fare and are impatient until the 3 Michelin stars return.

On the crowd I suspect the conditions and the 23 point league lead has taken some of the edge off for some.

Most would be happy with 1 Michelin Star and a progressive plan to reach the 3*, I see nothing that remotely resembles this, despite vast amounts of cash and experienced chefs in our kitchen.

We are producing [poor quality Stovies with Prime Beef

He's got a point though, and he could easily turn around and use the 'this ex-pundit of Question of sport is really clueless when it comes to coaching and tactics' truth.

Not really, McCoist was a coach and Assistant manager for years for both Rangers and Scotland.

For what it's worth, I think McCoist' true strengths are as a coach, I wasn't sure he was cut out for the step up to manager.