I was going to make a thread at half time praising the way we played

GOAT

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with everything the OP has said.

Tempelton should have not been taken off at least not that early on anyway.

Shiels (apart form his goal) is a ghost on the pitch. Always seems to find places to hide.

Mohsni, well what can you say….. HE could have cost us the game today. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

:lol: if nobody offered an opinion then this place wouldn't exist! Every single thread that someone starts could be applied the same criticism.....just because you don't agree with the opinion stated doesn't make it any less valid than any other thread on this forum!

I'm not saying it does.

He starts pretty much the exact same thread after every game.

We get his point...

Do you have to start a thread every time you have an opinion (that's mostly always controversial).

Can't you just give your opinion in the match thread instead of all these 'look at me' threads?

The match thread is about the match, this thread is about McCoist.

Oh and it would only be controversial if the majority of the forum disagreed with it, you only need to look at the poll in the other thread on here to see the majority of this forum think McCoist is performing average to poor. That one decision today just goes to show it even more. We played decent stuff in that first half.

Oh and it would only be controversial if the majority of the forum disagreed with it, you only need to look at the poll in the other thread on here to see the majority of this forum think McCoist is performing average to poor. That one decision today just goes to show it even more. We played decent stuff in that first half.

Obviously the good stuff is nothing to do with the manager.

I was going to praise McCoist for actually having us passing the ball instead of punting it, having the back line sit forward instead of too deep. Creating decent chances, passing it about, playing well on the wing, especially down the left with Templeton. Thank fuck I never.

The second half was just more stale pish, and eventually more punting the ball up. But that's not what I'm angry about, I'm absolutely raging at one decision and that was McCoists decision to take off the best player on the park for Andy fucking Little. Seriously? Is the guy for fucking real? What a fucking disgraceful substitution. Shameful. Anyone that sticks up for McCoist after that action is a fucking idiot. It nearly cost us the points, we then proceeded to sit deep and long punts up to no cunt when did get the ball. All this against part timers at Ibrox. Are you people going to wake up soon and realise what's going on here?

Also, someone needs to take Mohsni and boot him in the balls, what a fucken clown he is.

I await all the usual bullshit excuses and people having digs at me, the proof is in the pudding and people there today are fed up with it.

As valid as your point may be, it loses all credibility when you use such ridiculous rhetoric as that. It just tells me that the person using it is incapable of reason.

Another thing, this 'McCoist is incapable of changing a game tactically when the chips are down' complaint is so far removed from reality it's off the scale. Some of our fans have very short memories.

I'm sure this thread is about what McCoist did in the match..

And saying anyone who sticks up for McCoist is a "fucking idiot" is pretty controversial to me.

Have to agree with everything the OP has said.

Tempelton should have not been taken off at least not that early on anyway.

Mohsni, well what can you say….. HE could have cost us the game today. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

templeton was shattered. he got cramp right after blazing over. watch the clip of him coming off the pitch again, he was physically finished and knew it. not started in ages or had full 90 mins. completely understandable.

moshni needs his stones rattled for that today

Great first half and could have been four up at half time, started well in the second half until the sending

off which changed the game, we really need to be more productive on the right side not nearly enough

happening there, thought Ally's subs were ok he did pretty much what I would have done.

Short memories?

:lol: aye ok

The guy has been shown out if his depth countless times when we look for some inspiration..

Dundee United twice

Caley Thistle

QoTS

Europe twice

Falkirk

Countless times last season at Ibrox

Forfar

But aye when the chips are down Ally comes into his own as a manager.....

Aye right

That's always been one of my major concerns too.

Smith made some baffling decisions, but generally they came off, and that's because he was astutue tactically. I'm not sure if McCoist has that same level of knowledge to do the same.

McCoist is "ok" for where we are just now where the gulf in class that we have over these teams tends to be enough to see us over the line in games, but once we start playing better teams where there isn't going to be the same gulf in class that there was in the past, and they have managers who are more astute tactically, I worry that he will be shown up as a bit naive.

Anyone could see us doing what we're doing results wise in these divisions, however harsh it may be that's the reality.

Short memories?

The guy has been shown out if his depth countless times when we look for some inspiration..

Dundee United twice

Caley Thistle

QoTS

Europe twice

Falkirk

Forfar

Aye right

People have been expressing doubts about him from the first few games of his 2 and a half year tenure.

But aye short memories.

I felt that brechin looked fitter than us in the second half ? Little came on and after 10 mins kicked the ball up the park and could not chase it, Daly don't know if he is knackerd or not because he does not move to much , Ally what more can be said about his tactics and subs let him see out the season then bring in mcinnes

Team looked up for it first half good passing,game played at a decent tempo and but for some good saves from smith would have been 4 or 5 up and then second half it all went flat again,must admit finding it hard to watch

THIS IS WHAT ALLY HAS TO SORT OUT , AND QUICKLY . WE SEEM TO EITHER START OR FINISH UNDER THE COSH FROM LESSER TEAMS WHOSE MANAGER SEEMS ABLE TO GET THEM UP FOR IT.

Smith made some baffling decisions, but generally they came off, and that's because he was astutue tactically. I'm not sure if McCoist has that same level of knowledge to do the same.

was it really his tactical ability, or was it the fact that we simply had much better individual players than the rest, smith could rely on guys like mendes, jelavic, davis etc to perform one act of brilliance to dig him out of a hole

mccoist doesnt have that luxury, and it shows

Blame McCoist for his poor sub that left us hanging on if you want but if Templeton hadn't blazed over the bar with an open goal we wouldn't have been holding on either (tu)

Maybe he was getting tired. His passing was becoming slack too.

Also I counted our unfruitful punts up the park .4 in first half, 4 in second.

So we didn't resort to long punts in second half as Goat is making out.

Short memories?

Dundee United twice

Caley Thistle

QoTS

Europe twice

Falkirk

Forfar

Aye right

We've fought back and got results plenty of times, ranging from opposition as varied as Celtic and today's opponents. We did it as recently as last week.

Focusing on the negative and completely ignoring the positives is frankly bizarre behaviour. He clearly is capable of tactically influencing a game, he might not to do it very often but the opportunity doesn't present itself all that often.

Team looked up for it first half good passing,game played at a decent tempo and but for some good saves from smith would have been 4 or 5 up and then second half it all went flat again,must admit finding it hard to watch

THIS IS WHAT ALLY HAS TO SORT OUT , AND QUICKLY . WE SEEM TO EITHER START OR FINISH UNDER THE COSH FROM LESSER TEAMS WHOSE MANAGER SEEMS ABLE TO GET THEM UP FOR IT.

Felt much of this is down to Moshni if it had not been for him I think we would have one comfortably . Templeton looked knackered and last thing we need is him picking up an injury It's very common to take player just back from injury , not playing 90 min, off as there is the tendency for them to pick up a further injury . Saying that I would have them all back in for shooting practice for the next month