The U20s

Great to see McCoist's winning philosophy getting through to the young players.

Gordon Durie is spitting the "jobs for the boys" tag back in a lot of peoples faces.

Are you deliberately trying to railroad a positive thread into the standard divisive one....?

Great to see McCoist's winning philosophy getting through to the young players.

Gordon Durie is spitting the "jobs for the boys" tag back in a lot of peoples faces.

I did post this in a thread where he had just been announced. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=254822&st=60#entry1061168459

He coached my boys team around 5 or 6 years ago and all I can say is what a player and what a guy! Certainly knows his stuff and our team basically took all honours for a couple of seasons then basicaly most of our team signed with pro clubs.

We actually got to play our age group of Rangers at 15s I think at MP and humped them 5-1 I think. Can't remember who was playing for us(Rangers) but do remember Archie Campbell and Darren Cole.

Don't really see a problem with him being a youth coach as he was the best one I ever had and the training was good with him being able to show us a trick or two!

Nice to see he is proving me right and long may it continue!!

Another great result and after a shaky start Jukebox is certainly coming good. I hope with all the articles on our official site quoting Ally as saying he is going to play the kids once we win the title he really means it this time and finally we get to see these lads in the first team.

Another great result and after a shaky start Jukebox is certainly coming good. I hope with all the articles on our official site quoting Ally as saying he is going to play the kids once we win the title he really means it this time and finally we get to see these lads in the first team.

Why does he have to wait until we win the title?

Can they not handle the pressure of playing in a meaningful game?

How do you know if they can handle that pressure by effectively playing in meaningless games?

Why does he have to wait until we win the title?

Can they not handle the pressure of playing in a meaningful game?

How do you know if they can handle that pressure by effectively playing in meaningless games?

I agree it should be a gradual introduction throughout the season so that by the time the titled lifted we have say 4 or 5 of the top kids all with 15-20 first team games under their belts and then once the titles won we can play the U20s team for a few games and give the senior players a rest. If Ally sticks to his word then at least they will get some games this season but its still not ideal.

Come Friday night when they team is read out i fully expect to see Cribari or more likely Faure moved in beside McCulloch and Foster in at RB.

Mohsni can play on Friday in the Cup. Both he and Jig are out away to Ayr. For that game I would like to see McAusland getting a game, but since it is a tough away game Ally will probably play safe.

Hopefully rather than having a space on the bench, these guys will be integrated into the first team squad and get game time.

Not all at once, but yeah, before the league is wrapped up even. If someone's form dips or due to injuries the under 20 is the most natural in a position then get them in the team.