If, IF, we win the Scottish Cup this season, where would it rank?

In our clubs history? This is just my opinion but 18 months ago we were all worried that we wouldn't even have a club to support and within two short years we bounce back and take one of the major honours from the third tier. That's downright romantic.

Not to mention all the other factors like squad depletion, transfer embargo's, being crowbarred into the bottom tear, stumbling from disaster to disaster off the pitch, etc, etc. I think it'll be up there with our greatest ever achievements and I've been present at some magical nights for our club such as Leeds United and Champions League run, 9 in a row at Tannidice, Parma, winning the League at Parkhead, Manchester, Rugby Park 2011, etc.

Regardless what people think about that, it'll be some feeling to be competing for and winning the major honours again.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it depends how we get there , if we got an easy run without spl teams then to be honest i dont think it would be a massive achievment but if we had to get past a couple of dundee utd , ict and aberdeen then it would be a big deal

My thoughts exactly.

i think it depends how we get there , if we got an easy run without spl teams then to be honest i dont think it would be a massive achievment but if we had to get past a couple of dundee utd , ict and aberdeen then it would be a big deal

To go from where we were in the Summer of 2012 to Cup winners in less than 2 years would be an achievement regardless of who we face on the way.

Eh? We're the most successful team in the world. I didn't mean haven't we always had it under Ally, we've had it throughout most of our history.

Wtf

Shut up

It's plain and clear what I mean

It would be amazing to win it but it's hardly our greatest achievement either no matter how hard you want it to be

Don't give a fuk how we get there only that we win. No one except the fans of the winners remember the road only the victory, not how they got there. Who remembers the Lisbon Liars getting an easy road to Lisbon or conversely our bloody difficult road to barcelona.

I just want to see 'the gers go up to lift the Scottish Cup'.... don't care how we do it but it will still be a massive achievement.

Wtf

Shut up

It would be amazing to win it but it's hardly our greatest achievement either no matter how hard you want it to be

You're saying you're unsure how good an achievement would be because we have more resources and a higher wage bill than everyone else, bar one. When have we not had that?

I didn't say it would be the greatest either, I said it would up there with our greatest.

Wtf

Shut up

He's spot on though. Did the rest of the league have similar resources as we romped our way to 9IAR? As long as I can remember we've been in the top 2 for wages etc. I never heard any one say that our domestic successes were lessened by it.

Don't give a fuk how we get there only that we win. No one except the fans of the winners remember the road only the victory, not how they got there. Who remembers the Lisbon Liars getting an easy road to Lisbon or conversely our bloody difficult road to barcelona.

I just want to see 'the gers go up to lift the Scottish Cup'.... don't care how we do it but it will still be a massive achievement.

Agreed

But I do know the point he's making tho

I said it in the summer with Wimbledon when Djokovic was struggling early in his semi that I'd rather he won and Murray beat him in the final as it would make it more remarkable

But that said your right too - no one remembers the Lying Lesbians only winning something like 6 games to win the European cup etc

This is our chance to do something special

As I said it will be the most satisfying Scottish cup win ever

He's spot on though. Did the rest of the league have similar resources as we romped our way to 9IAR? As long as I can remember we've been in the top 2 for wages etc. I never heard any one say that our domestic successes were lessened by it.

But your talking like I'm saying it's not an achievement - it is

You've used this 9 in a row analogy on a few people on here but I don't see the comparison

9 in a row was a massive achievement collectively but on a year by year basis except for the last two titles it wasn't a massive thing for me as there was no challenge - it was little steps on the way to the big prize

History shows we were favourites to win the cup on many many occasions, in those days we all expected to us win.

This year, from the first kick off, we all hoped for a good run, that's all.

We are now on the cusp (with a bit of luck in today's draw) of adding to our glorious and enviable history.

Yes, winning the cup this year would certainly go down as a great achievement.

Winning it at the Scumdome when we are in 3rd league of Scottish football surely puts that at the very top of all time wins???

Can you imagine how we would feel .? 4 Helicopter Sundays wrapped into one .

The whole of Scottish football would be in mourning .

FFS the beggars are probably canvassing Doncaster at this very minute to come forth with a statement saying 'there has been a mistake .The Final cant go on as planned at Scumdome due to unforeseen circumstances . :lol: