If, IF, we win the Scottish Cup this season, where would it rank?

So did we outstrip Celtic financially? News to me! Look it's just different opinions but the reality is if we were in the top division the league is the number 1 priority and the competition with Celtic drives that! Winning a cup is great and especially at this time but IMO it is not as big an achievement as beating your equal rivals to a title over 38 games.

There was a reason we were signing Brian Laudrup and they were signing Brian O'Neill. We had a massive financial advantage over them and lithe gap only really closed not long before O'Neill had appeared on the scene.

Equal rivals my hole. They were pish for the best part of a decade during the 90s.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To paraphrase Ally, I'd put a bet on the SFA doing nothing whatsoever for us in that direction.

Your probably right. They've got to build bridges at some point though. Its a good place to start. I'm not holding my breath mind

So do you think winning this is on a par with UEFA Cup final say? Or even getting out the group stages of the CL? C'mon mate

I'll repeat it would be a massive achievement and probably the most satisfying from an emotional point of view but not even top ten of out achievements in our history

Only on here could we argue about winning a Scottish cup :anguish:

would winning a Scottish cup at the piggery whilst in the third tier eclipse Manchester? Yes. We will have won for a start.

Who is saying you can't enjoy it? Stop being a drama queen....it is an alternative view to yours end of!

Nobody is saying I can't enjoy it, that was a collective I, a win for us in the Scottish cup is not a forgone conclusion, but if you consider it might give us entry to Europe.... Is it an alternative view, maybe, we all want Rangers to do well.

In our clubs history? This is just my opinion but 18 months ago we were all worried that we wouldn't even have a club to support and within two short years we bounce back and take one of the major honours from the third tier. That's downright romantic.

Not to mention all the other factors like squad depletion, transfer embargo's, being crowbarred into the bottom tear, stumbling from disaster to disaster off the pitch, etc, etc. I think it'll be up there with our greatest ever achievements and I've been present at some magical nights for our club such as Leeds United and Champions League run, 9 in a row at Tannidice, Parma, winning the League at Parkhead, Manchester, Rugby Park 2011, etc.

Regardless what people think about that, it'll be some feeling to be competing for and winning the major honours again.

Has a 3rd tier team ever won the cup before? Gretna got to the finals and lost to Hertz on penalties.

Winning it at the Scumdome when we are in 3rd league of Scottish football surely puts that at the very top of all time wins???

Can you imagine how we would feel .? 4 Helicopter Sundays wrapped into one .

The whole of Scottish football would be in mourning .

FFS the beggars are probably canvassing Doncaster at this very minute to come forth with a statement saying 'there has been a mistake .The Final cant go on as planned at Scumdome due to unforeseen circumstances . :lol:

Surely the want the money, and the possibility of having the final at their home ground.

Edit: they lost to the sheep yesterday. I don't pay much attention to what they are up to.

Ally and co. Still on track and this would be the icing on the cake.Still would not be enough for some unfortunatly.....

With the draws we've had we are where we should be, winning the thing would be a massive achievement from the players and management but still a bit to go.

"Agree, it was them who broke the bridges in the first place and therefore it's their job to rebuild them on conditions from us."

Step one the resignations of Doncaster and Regan.

Step two these two heave to spill the beans on what Liewell and co have been up to behind the scenes.

Step three the truth about Fat Rod' involvement in the drawing up and negotiations for the five way agreement

Step four the immediate repayment of sums seized by the SPL/SFA

Personally I won't be holding my breath for any of the above to happen anytime soon.

Second only to Barcelona imo. Agreed, we have the second highest wages, big fuken deal. In the past we've had the highest and failed miserably. Can you imagine the worldwide media attention if we can get to the final, the mhutants will be in mheltdown...

Ahead of all our league titles? Really?

The most satisfying cup victory ever. If we can pull it off. Wouldve been better to dump the tims out ourselves on the way but we cant have everything.

Im not too sure a wage bill ever truly mirrors a playing squad and I think a s.c win would be early in the rebuilding process.

The simple reason why a wage bill doesnt matter is like looking at Barcelona bayern Munich compared to the gold mine at man city.

Ahead of all our league titles? Really?

Absolutely. Our league titles were all won when we were a settled Club both on and off the pitch. With the exception of our support there is not one person in this bigoted shithole of a country who would expect us to challenge properly for national trophies until we are back in the top tier with our feet under the table for a couple of years. Given that 18 months ago we were on the verge of extinction it would be our most remarkable triumph.