Has dignified silence ever benefitted The Rangers

bawsburst

Has dignified silence ever benefitted The Rangers  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Has dignified silence ever benefitted The Rangers

You want us to compare a time when we were silent with what may have happened if we had said something unspecified? Difficult to answer, tbh

A wee analogy for you. You're lying on the ground getting booted in the face. He's not asking you to consider whether getting up and fighting back will yield results, he's asking if just lying there and continuing to get booted in the face improved your situation, or did they just keep kicking?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer dignified silence, it's em, well, dignified and makes us look good. When we do speak out then perhaps more people take note and has more of an impact. It also helps who is doing the talking, i.e Mr Struth via popcorn, who would you listen to ?

Dignified silence for me, worked well with the corrupt bastards at HMRC, did it not?? Wonder how quiet Liewell, Reid and every Labour MP in Scotland would have been had HMRC gone after the Taigs in the manner in which they pursued The Rangers?

You think they'd have been met with dignified silence?

The selective targeting by HMRC, the incessant media leaks and the relationship between HMRC and Phil McWulliesucker has never been investigated and probably never will be. Still we have our dignity.

There's a man I know

Lives up our street

he's working for the council

He takes no lip off nobody............

Nae,nae and thrice nae........where did it get us apart from allowing every tom dick and harry to put the boot into us,ridicule us,erode our core beliefs and traditions all because no-one at the club spoke out and defended us........we still don't....sad to say we could learn a few PR tricks from the mhockits.

Club has to pick its battles and NOT react to every title tatle about it - to me that is dignified silence - react, and react strongly WHEN you need to otherwise say nothing.

I agree with this. Sometimes the club should respond, other times it shouldn't.

As for the question, "Has dignified silence ever benefitted The Rangers?"

I would say yes, it has. I think we didn't react in the past at times when we should have, but there were other times we were right not to react. So yeah, it has sometimes benefitted us. I don't see how you could answer anything but yes if you read the question.

No. And the fact you keep referring to us as "The Rangers" in the way that the tims do is starting to piss me off. Get tae fuck jack.

"But I don't have to tell you that the best of all we love to see ___ / _______ score"

Fill the gap. If we sing it, it's probably ok.

I like it anyway, it distinguishes us from Berwick Rangers, QPR and Stafford Rangers. We're THE Rangers.

That's besides the point though. We've been calling ourselves that since before 1900.

We aren't talking of them.

Maybe not but i still enjoy getting tore into that atrocity of a club any given opportunity.

I can see where you're coming from it hurts me when haters are given a platform to spout their hatred and lies about us but the club cant spend its time responding to lunatics 24/7 and there are no shortage of them in this current social media climate.

Direct threats or allegations that jeapordise the club to operate functionally should be met with a distinct and robust response but we live in a democratic society where freedom of speach exists (depending what you're speaking out against)

The club is getting back on its feet and when we are in a position of strength with people who care about the club i believe they will defend its interests when required.

Maybe not but i still enjoy getting tore inti that atrocity of a club any given opportunity.

I can see where you're coming from it hursts me when haters are given a platform to spout their hatred and lies about us but the club cant spend its time responding to lunatics 24/7 and there are no shortage of them in this current social media climate.

If direct threats or allegations that jeapordise the club to operate functionally should be met with a distinct and robust response but we live in a democratic society where freedom of speach exists (depending what you're speaking out against)

The club is getting back on its feet and when we are in aposition of strength with people who care about the club they will defend its interests when required.

(tu) (tu) (tu)

I prefer dignified silence, it's em, well, dignified and makes us look good. When we do speak out then perhaps more people take note and has more of an impact. It also helps who is doing the talking, i.e Mr Struth via popcorn, who would you listen to ?

Well you would be in trouble if it was Mr Struth you could here doing the talking!!!!

Time has moved and the club should pick it's moments but everyone has to know that if you do look to harm our club in anyway it's :2gunsfiring_v1:

Why do you polytechnic types keep displaying your ignorance of the club and its history. :pipe:

2f0gdty.jpg

"polytechnic types keep displaying your ignorance of the club and its history." Is Jack Irvine seriously trying to say I don't know Rangers' history? Get to fuck you absolute cretin, you're an utter wank. Yes we've always been referred to since atleast the latter stages of the 1800's as "The Rangers" - But we've never actually officially been known as "The Rangers" - You however Jack, use it in the way that you think it's now our official name since we "died" and all of that bollox. Same way the tims use it, and anyone else who dislikes Rangers.

"polytechnic types keep displaying your ignorance of the club and its history." Is Jack Irvine seriously trying to say I don't know Rangers' history? Get to fuck you absolute cretin, you're an utter wank. Yes we've always been referred to since atleast the latter stages of the 1800's as "The Rangers" - But we've never actually officially been known as "The Rangers" - You however Jack, use it in the way that you think it's now our official name since we "died" and all of that bollox. Same way the tims use it, and anyone else who dislikes Rangers.

You made rather a spectacle of yourself with your inane comment and lack of historical knowledge, I won't embarrass you any further as you are doing a first class job of that all on your own, have a great day.... you could do with some respite.

aw2t0o.png

A wee analogy for you. You're lying on the ground getting booted in the face. He's not asking you to consider whether getting up and fighting back will yield results, he's asking if just lying there and continuing to get booted in the face improved your situation, or did they just keep kicking?

Your analogy wasn't the question though.

YES IT HAS BENEFITED US TRADITIONALLY BUT HAS COST US MORE IN THE LAST FEW DECADES. TO BE HONEST THAT IS AS MUCH TO DO WITH THE RISE OF THE PC BRIGADE AND LEFT WING LIBERALISM WHICH ACTUALLY ALLOWED EXTREMISTS INTO A POSITION OF POWER AND CREATED A SOCIETY FULL OF ABSURDITIES AND CONTRADICTIONS THAT CATERED FOR ALL EXCEPT THE NATIVES. RANGERS WERE CAUGHT NAPPING DURING THESE YEARS