Simonsen for No.1

Dibble

I think Simonsen should get another chance in goals. He was brilliant in the one game he played. And, I've been imagining the scenario where we meet Aberdeen in the Scottish cup and thinking "who would I rather have in goals"

For me, Simonsen has the age, experience and presence for a big occasion like that. I think he'd relish it

Just my opinion and I totally accept others will prefer Bell

My big game team would be...

Simonsen

Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni, Wallace

Black

Little, Law, McLeod, Templeton

Shiels

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would leave Daly out with the option to bring him on later in the game. I like the idea of three pacey guys full of energy (Little, Shiels, Templeton) running at the Aberdeen backline

Regarding Simonsen, I just think he would have the edge for the big occasion

Cammy Bell, experienced SPL keeper who was the main reason Kilmarnock won the league cup against the tarriers vs Simonsen, Dundee Utd sub goalkeeper who pulled off one outstanding save for us.

Easy choice.

I think Simonsen should get another chance in goals. He was brilliant in the one game he played. And, I've been imagining the scenario where we meet Aberdeen in the Scottish cup and thinking "who would I rather have in goals"

For me, Simonsen has the age, experience and presence for a big occasion like that. I think he'd relish it

Just my opinion and I totally accept others will prefer Bell

My big game team would be...

Simonsen

Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni, Wallace

Black

Little, Law, McLeod, Templeton

Shiels

Thanks for posting on here Steve! That was some save you made to be fair but ultimately you are short term cover! Good (albeit IMO unnessecary) cover for bell but bell is first choice end of!

Cammy Bell, experienced SPL keeper who was the main reason Kilmarnock won the league cup against the tarriers vs Simonsen, Dundee Utd sub goalkeeper who pulled off one outstanding save for us.

Easy choice.

Bit unfair on Simonsen considering he's had a long career in England, albeit signing him was pretty pointless

Bit unfair on Simonsen considering he's had a long career in England, albeit signing him was pretty pointless

Just looked him up and never realised he'd played at such a high level, also realised it was Dundee not United so shows what I know :lol:

I like that team, although Foster at right back would be a big no-no. He's shite, Faure's actually better at RB believe it or not.

As for Simonsen, we've only seen him in one game, and he pulled off a wonder save sure, but he's only ever been a sub goalkeeper in the SPL for Dundee, vs Cammy Bell who was number 1 for Kilmarnock, and between the sticks when they beat the tarriers to win the cup.

So for me Cammy Bell would be first choice any-day unless we seen Simonsen in action again, and he pulled off more wonder-saves.

Tin hat on here but I think Daly does a lot of unsung work in the Rangers Team. Including defending at corners.

He's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but I think he keeps opposition centre halfs occupied and creates space for others. Please be gentle with me!

Muirheadbear, I think you're spot on but I just wondered if a pacy attack might have more impact against the top teams

I think against a tiring defence that it would.

I think in a final against Aberdeen or such like Ally would stick temps on the bench if McLeod is fit and firing.

Not saying I agree with that but it's what I think Ally would do for that above reason.

Foster is the worst right back I have ever seen at this club that's how highly a rate him

Could be another tin hat shot here but I actually think Faure has come onto a game in recent weeks.

Not the complete full back but defends quite well. Still think he could help in an attacking sense a bit more but hopefully that can develop.

Could be another tin hat shot here but I actually think Faure has come onto a game in recent weeks.

Not the complete full back but defends quite well. Still think he could help in an attacking sense a bit more but hopefully that can develop.

Faure's not good but better than Foster, says more about Foster really

Just looked up Steven Preben Arthur "Steve" Simonsen, and to be honest - His CV isn't all that impressive, the way some of you were commentating in here saying he played at the highest level, he really didn't if we're being honest, you just have to look at the number of appearances he made for those clubs and the clubs in question aren't that impressive: Tranmere Rovers, Everton, Stoke City, Sheffield United, Preston North End, Dundee. - Mostly lower league/relegation zone clubs, with the exception of Everton

And he only made about 30 appearances all in for Everton, maybe these clubs all know something we don't - Maybe he's just destined to be a number 2.