Turncoats in the Old Firm. Who's real and who's rumour?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, they've probably all said that at some stage. It's easy to sit at a laptop and say if Celtic ever offered you £15k a week you'd turn it down cos you hate them when you're safe in the knowledge that it'll never happen.

Again, they haven't all said that. There are many, one or two well documented, that have turned them down.

I was never good enough to get an offer from anyone but that still doesn't stop me from knowing that I would have never signed for them. If they had come to my work and offered me ten times the wages I was on I would never have worked for them in any capacity. It's all about being able to live with yourself and, after almost 60 years on this planet, I know from experience just how rancid that lot have been and always will be.

How anyone, irrespective of what team they support, can ever have anything to do with them after what they have done in the past and are continuing to do to this day is just beyond me.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Heard danny wilson supports septic.I do know he attended a RC school in Livi.

Make your own mind up.

Surely in the year 2014 we're not still working towards the assumption that attending a catholic school makes you a Celtic fan? I'm sure we all now plenty of guys that disprove that theory.

Albertzleftpeg- I'm not working towards any assumption.

Then why is the school he attended relevant? As for your original point though it wouldn't surprise me if we did support them, he seemed a bit more keen than most to leave us as soon as there was interest shown

Then why is the school he attended relevant? As for your original point though it wouldn't surprise me if we did support them, he seemed a bit more keen than most to leave us as soon as there was interest shown

It's relevant because you've already said it's a majority. There's more chance he'll be a Celtic fan when attending a Catholic school. However, I know of several Rangers fans who attended my local Catholic secondary.

Neil McCann went to that particular secondary near me, he and his brother were Celtic fans but he's certainly not a Celtic fan now, his brother remains a Celtic fan.

I'd maybe sign for Celtic then spend the whole press conference discussing how much I love Rangers and how I'm not sure I could ever give 100% on the pitch for Celtic.

Then go home to your family home engulfed in flames...

Maybe best you never made it pro Al!

Ironically, David Cooper Templeton grew up as a Celtic fan. His Dad is a massive bear but is Mum is a tim. He supported Celtic, although his brother supports Rangers. Weird family.

David Templeton's not a tim, he was brought up by the Celtic side of his family. His Dad Brothers etc are all massive Rangers fans, and last year Temps got a Rangers birthday cake, and also has the 140 year shirt, signed and framed, and hanging in his house.

If Rangeres offered me £100 a week and Celtic offered me £1000 a week. I'd be running out at Celtic park.... I'm a greedy money grabbing Bassa though

Least you are honest.

Talking about it is entirely different to being put in the position where you will never need to work again and give your family everything they could want.