Turncoats in the Old Firm. Who's real and who's rumour?

The way I look at it is if that mob offered me a contract then obviously I'd be doing something right so I'd say to them "Git tae fuck" and wait for Rangers or someone else to offer me the same.

Of course if I never got a decent move the wife would disown me and I'd become a bitter drunk who kicks the dog in the ribs when I get in from the pub at 1am.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossing enemy lines and putting a shift in for them because you're being paid a fortune is one thing. Find it hard to believe when people say the likes of Scott Brown are Rangers fans though, you could clearly see in the old firms he hated us

I have heard loads if people say he grew up a rangers fan and had a huge poster of mccoist on the back of his bedroom wall which could be seen from across the road in hill of breath? His house was also across ygw road from the Jim Baxter statue. I have also heard he has a rangers tattoo on his calf, not sure how much of this is true though.

Possible he stopped supporting us when he went to his or livingston

Seen photos of him out in Rangers gear on his normal day to day life. Can't see why a tim would do that.

Also seen several sources claim he's a childhood Rangers fan.

Would imagine those photos you've seen are probably when he's just finished training. Find it hard to believe any footballer on half decent money would shun the designer gear for a day out and opt for the club track suit instead. If nothing else it's a bit try hard. Some might say protesting too much?

I have heard loads if people say he grew up a rangers fan and had a huge poster of mccoist on the back of his bedroom wall which could be seen from across the road in hill of breath? His house was also across ygw road from the Jim Baxter statue. I have also heard he has a rangers tattoo on his calf, not sure how much of this is true though.

Possible he stopped supporting us when he went to his or livingston

The tattoo is a myth I'm sure, unless he had it removed. I remember him being pictured training with his socks down at his ankles to prove he never had it.

The tattoo is a myth I'm sure, unless he had it removed. I remember him being pictured training with his socks down at his ankles to prove he never had it.

he did have it lasered off but got a ribbing in training from the likes of Caldwell who had seen his tattoo at hibs and Scotland call ups.

Any 'mate' of mine who tried to play rebel tunes in my car would be dropped off at the first opportunity and not hear from me again

This. Anyone in my car knows it's my tunes or they can fuck off. I've dropped off the bitterest tim anyone could meet and he was tapping his feet to the sash after getting out my motor.

No-one would even dare to bring that shitey rebel pish into my car let alone have it played!

Ironically, David Cooper Templeton grew up as a Celtic fan. His Dad is a massive bear but is Mum is a tim. He supported Celtic, although his brother supports Rangers. Weird family.

Did his maw and dad not split up when Davie was young therefore letting his maw's side influence him ?

Kevin Thomson confirmed Brown was definetely one of us.

It's funny how someone can become so bitter towards the team and fans u supposedly supported. I heard all the brown stories but to be honest if I didn't know who he was and I saw him in a white t-shirt I would definitely think he was a tim.

Heard loads of stories over the years, "Scott Brown's tattoo" etc. but how many are there that you can 100% say played for the opposite side they supported.

I'll start with Ross McCormack, my driving instructor used to hate him as he's apparently seen him in a boozer singing the soldier song with his mates.

Admitted to being one of them as soon as he got his move down south.

Remember that prick McCormack could not wait to tell everyone how his team had ALWAYS been Sellik..Danny Wilsons old man is Sellik daft as well...my mate played football with Craig Beatties uncle..staunch Rangers family

Kevin Thomson confirmed Brown was definetely one of us.

Met a copper on holiday a few years back just when Brown signed, the guy was head of a Hibs supporters group. He knew him quite well from players awards and events. He didn't believe Brown when he said he was signing for them as he knew he grew up a Gers man and thought his deal to join us was done (Brown thought the deal was almost done too).

Met a copper on holiday a few years back just when Brown signed, the guy was head of a Hibs supporters group. He knew him quite well from players awards and events. He didn't believe Brown when he said he was signing for them as he knew he grew up a Gers man and thought his deal to join us was done (Brown thought the deal was almost done too).

We penny pinched on that deal IIRC.