Andrew Robertson-Scottish International

8 pages, started because someone wanted to have another go at the management team without even investigating the player first, did you even consider that he isn't good enough for OUR under 19 team as this is where he would play for us, Wallace should have been called up and is much better FFA.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 pages, started because someone wanted to have another go at the management team without even investigating the player first, did you even consider that he isn't good enough for OUR under 19 team as this is where he would play for us, Wallace should have been called up and is much better FFA.

How the fuck is someone who just made his Scotland debut, one of the spls top players this season and almost went to Everton for 1.5 million last month not good enough for our under 19s?

Have I missed something here? :blink:

How the fuck is someone who just made his Scotland debut, one of the spls top players this season and almost went to Everton for 1.5 million last month not good enough for our under 19s?

The fact he's a rocket

Fair enough but what about the 400-500 others?

What 500 others?

The goalie who was on the bench on a European final? The midfielder with CL experience? The kids on the books of full time clubs who still train with their parent club despite being loaned out to part time teams? The young players who came through at top flight clubs and have moved down the ranks due to a lack of funds in Scottish football?

If Robertson was such an easy spot why did no one highlight him at the time? It was the boy Shankland who took almost all the praise after we played QP.

What 500 others?

The goalie who was on the bench on a European final? The midfielder with CL experience? The kids on the books of full time clubs who still train with their parent club despite being loaned out to part time teams? The young players who came through at top flight clubs and have moved down the ranks due to a lack of funds in Scottish football?

If Robertson was such an easy spot why did no one highlight him at the time? It was the boy Shankland who took almost all the praise after we played QP.

So your honestly telling me the majority of players in these lower leagues don't work as other things aside from part time footballers?

Robertsons name was mentioned on here last season

So your honestly telling me the majority of players in these lower leagues don't work as other things aside from part time footballers?

Robertsons name was mentioned on here last season

No I'm telling you that despite being a part time footballer just now there is much more to it than whether they are full time or part time. Did Stephen Hughes look a vastly improved player at the weekend following his spell at Dundee full time? Did Graeme Smith suddenly become a much worse player than he was with us by virtue of being part time now?

No I'm telling you that despite being a part time footballer just now there is much more to it than whether they are full time or part time. Did Stephen Hughes look a vastly improved player at the weekend following his spell at Dundee full time? Did Graeme Smith suddenly become a much worse player than he was with us by virtue of being part time now?

It's all about perspective though - I said earlier your going to get exceptions but you can't deny that the vast majority of olayers are part timers who work all sorts of jobs

That's an absolute fact

Deny it if you want but your kidding yourself on

Would he be capable of displacing Wallace in the first team? Would you want Wallace dropped from the first team?

I can go one better. My mum's family are rc Celtic fans descended from Irish immigrants. Although I've no been stuck with any really dodgy names.

My mums family are as you describe AND I have a shit name. :power_of_anguish:

My mums family are as you describe AND I have a shit name. :power_of_anguish:

Poor bastard.

I'm sure I've told this story a few times but my mum's maiden name is Lafferty. Going to a family do with a rangers shirt with Lafferty on the back gave me immense pleasure.

Poor bastard.

I'm sure I've told this story a few times but my mum's maiden name is Lafferty. Going to a family do with a rangers shirt with Lafferty on the back gave me immense pleasure.

Chuckle. Sweet.

Tim

Wouldn't have signed for us

Nonsense! I know Andrew and that is simply not true, regardless of what team he supports he would consider any move for the good of his career - also its important to consider that they released him as a kid!

Having seen our U19s many times there is no way that this is true.

The fact is that QP offered the lad senior football - so he would have been mad to join any U19s team.

Added to this, that he now has over a season of senior football (and some at the top flight) and an International cap tells me all I need to know.

• 4 months later...

To be fair the guy only got into the QP squad because of injury.

He wasn't rated at QP before his decent run of games.

We looked at 2 other QP players closely, though before moving down the leagues - one signed for Hamilton.

To be fair the guy only got into the QP squad because of injury.

He wasn't rated at QP before his decent run of games.

We looked at 2 other QP players closely, though before moving down the leagues - one signed for Hamilton.

It just goes to show you need a wee bit of luck on your side.