Andrew Robertson-Scottish International

Smith was on about £500 a week at the mutton botherers according to Kenny Shiels on the radio commentry of a game so if we are paying him anywhere near that it is a disgrace and i expect it to be less than a grand.

If he is as much of a mick as he seems to be no way would he have joined us for a grand a week imo.

Id rather Smith as Robertson wouldnt get the time to develop here though he has raw potential and should turn out better but he.wouldnt dislodge Wallace so bring in someone experienced cheap and who will do a job in a few positions and make do for me.

Find it nuts you'd prefer Smith over Robertson lol each to their own then

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find it nuts you'd prefer Smith over Robertson lol each to their own then

With us Robertson would never reach his undoubted potential as he wouldnt play first team football he would be a sub at best loaned out for a bit then released and go and have a good career else where.

Ability wise he has something potentially special and if it was for a first choice left back no question it would be young Robertson id pick but for back up it may as well be Smith save Robertson's career being fucked up

With us Robertson would never reach his undoubted potential as he wouldnt play first team football he would be a sub at best loaned out for a bit then released and go and have a good career else where.

Ability wise he has something potentially special and if it was for a first choice left back no question it would be young Robertson id pick but for back up it may as well be Smith save Robertson's career being fucked up

I'd still rather have two top class left backs even one being back up than 1 top class left back and 1 shite one

I get your point about development but even as was last season he was still better and cheaper than Smith

I'd still rather have two top class left backs even one being back up than 1 top class left back and 1 shite one

I get your point about development but even as was last season he was still better and cheaper than Smith

I dont think he would join us cheaply at all but if he would then that would be excellent.

Equally i dont.think he is top class yet even for Scottish football hes a good young player nothing more at the minute and.without time to get better playing first team football wont get better.

As far as i know we have two natural.left backs at the club Wallace and Smith not sure about the youths but i remember hearing we had right footed players playing there as we.had noone else (Mitchell) i think it.was so there would have been potentially room for a third teenage left back but it.would hold the young kid back so not much point for me

We should have one 'primary' (first choice) player for each position and one younger less experienced player as backup. The younger players must be able to slot in if the 'primary' player is out injured/suspended. Only way to achieve that is to ensure the younger players are given 'playing time'.

We should have one 'primary' (first choice) player for each position and one younger less experienced player as backup. The younger players must be able to slot in if the 'primary' player is out injured/suspended. Only way to achieve that is to ensure the younger players are given 'playing time'.

Robertson would fit the bill for that then surely?