jon daly

Got off the hook today, if we had lost would always have been remembered for that one missed chance.

He consistently wins, and even lays off, the high balls and does seem to have reasonable ability to hold the front line.

Would be interested to see how well he could play with an experienced inside man playing alongside him up front consistently before writing him off.

Unfortunately Shiels plays a little too deep, Clark does not have the experience (or ability imo) and Little offers well...little.

lack of confidence fine but he had at least 10 crosses played into the box where he didn't move towards the ball but stood there expecting the ball to be put on his head

Exactly, a confident player would be attacking those crosses. 2 of the chances he had today, the volley he sliced terribly and the tame effort straight after that summed up his day for me today. His heads down and that game could still be going on just now and he wouldn't have scored yet.

Daly needs to be dropped. He started the season well but has been getting progressively worse. He does some good work normally, but even that has been disappearing recently.

Your right, he really needs to be dropped for his own good. This was his worst performance so far. We have seen this before with Walter sticking with the same players week in week out no matter how bad they play. We also need to stop lumpin balls forward. We just don't have a passing game and slow on the turn and move. Wasn't good. I think the players do have the ability to play a short sharp passing game, but I'm left wondering if they are being told tactically not to do it and the players are loosing respect as a consequence and going through the motions.

He managed to score plenty goals for Dundee Utd from crosses out wide. We seem to cross the ball from our centre backs which just isn't his game.

His first touch should be a shot or header at goal not holding off a defender 25 yards from goal as the highest player up the park.

He does not look fit to me. To my eyes he looks as though he well less than 100% up for it. Wonder if he is carrying an injury or, like Wallace, fatigued and in need of rest. Well against the might Albion Rovers in the replay perhaps the Manager's thirst for lavishing out respect for the opposition will see JD rested with Rangers playing a 6 3 1 line up with six defenders in front of Bell to protect him and a single mobile striker (Little or Aird)