Biggest decision in the game.

tannerall

Should our goal have been allowed.

I say yes, as Mohsni was watching the ball all the time, did not know where the goalie was, and did not deliberately foul the goalie.

Goalie had all the options to go for the ball, go through the player, or wait at the goal.

If Mohsni had not scored then you could argue it was a penalty as the goalie made the wrong choice to go through the player to the ball.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes, as Mohsni was watching the ball all the time, did not know where the goalie was, and did not deliberately foul the goalie.

Goalie had all the options to go for the ball, go through the player, or wait at the goal.

If Mohsni had not scored then you could argue it was a penalty as the goalie made the wrong choice to go through the player to the ball.

I was glad the goal stood, but can't escape the feeling we were incredibly lucky with it.

If that goal happened again, I doubt it would have been given, and I'm not surprised - it seemed to me like Mohsni impeded the keeper, but the ref made a call and thankfully it went our way

9 times out of 10 that would have been chopped off regardless whether it was a foul or not.

Extremely lucky. Albion players were devastated getting interviews afterwards.

Can agree with that more as even though the goal was legit, our luck with referees this season would suggest they dont always apply the rules of the game properly.

It doesn't matter if he was watching the ball, knew where the keeper was or deliberately fouled him. It only matters if he fouled the keeper or not.

It doesn't matter if he was watching the ball, knew where the keeper was or deliberately fouled him. It only matters if he fouled the keeper or not.

IMO the goalkeeper made contact through choice, our penalty if not a goal.

Can agree with that more as even though the goal was legit, our luck with referees this season would suggest they dont always apply the rules of the game properly.

Just seems to be the norm nowadays. Goalkeepers are over protected.

I mind McGregor got away with one in an old firm game a few years back. Think it was Fortune that put it in the net, there was nothing wrong with the challenge though but the reff spared McGregors blushes.

Everyone else seems to be in agreement.

Take yir blue tinted specs off and get with reality.

Everyone else is not in agreement starting with the referee, linesmen and 4th official, then thousands of Gers fans.

Reality is the referee applied the rules correctly, are you annoyed at that ?

this. Anybody suggesting anything else is delusional

Their keeper should have punched the ball he didn't moshni got to the ball first before he contacted the keeper. Fair dos ordinarily the keeper would wrongly get the benefit of the doubt in that instance.

I see no problem with it. Mohsni contested for a high ball fairly, with only eyes on the ball. He didn't impede Parry in any way and it was a usual contest which I'd expect to see in a game, only Parry screwed up by trying to catch it instead of punching it when he was under pressure.

Case closed.