Biggest decision in the game.

tannerall

It doesn't matter if he was watching the ball, knew where the keeper was or deliberately fouled him. It only matters if he fouled the keeper or not.

I think it was a close call but he maybe just about nicked the ball before making contact with the keeper. My first reaction was it was a foul but watching it again I can see why it was allowed.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moshni has all the momentum. Keeper can't really attack the ball like Moshni can just due to how the ball flight is, he's no room which to build any momentum going into the challenge.

Moshni's hands do appear to be up and he does appear to make contact with the keeper as he headers it.

It probably shouldn't of been given, based on consistency of decisions over the last decade things like that are usually blown as fouls. However I'm not sure it's that controversial.

Correct, even if it was controversial its still a goal for the Rangers (I saw Joe Jordan score his "hand of god goal" in Wales. loved it)

What is controversial is Rangers fans wishing it was disallowed so Ally could be sacked. Amazes me.

"McGregor was beaten by Marc-Antoine Fortune in the first half at Parkhead but referee Steve Conroy disallowed the striker's header.Fortune was adjudged to have fouled McGregor as the pair jumped together for the ball and the Rangers shot-stopper insists the official made the right call.

McGregor, said: "At the time I wasn't sure as it was 50/50 but after seeing it again I think it was a free-kick.The ball is going into my hands and his elbow goes up and moves my left hand out of the road so technically it's a free-kick and case closed I think."

Cast your minds back, foul/no foul?

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/030110-Celtic-v-Rangers/G0000RZykHGsNScE/I0000kgUG5qjuTxA/C0000exEFIdUGTY

Photo of it. Don't think there will be YouTube footage.

"McGregor was beaten by Marc-Antoine Fortune in the first half at Parkhead but referee Steve Conroy disallowed the striker's header.Fortune was adjudged to have fouled McGregor as the pair jumped together for the ball and the Rangers shot-stopper insists the official made the right call.

McGregor, said: "At the time I wasn't sure as it was 50/50 but after seeing it again I think it was a free-kick.The ball is going into my hands and his elbow goes up and moves my left hand out of the road so technically it's a free-kick and case closed I think."

Cast your minds back, foul/no foul?

The BIG difference being Fortune knocked Macgregors hand away from the ball before he headed it whereas Moshni made any contact a split second after heading it

We've sunk this low? People are actually clutching to a goal that shouldn't of been allowed, and saying it was all perfectly fine and that we should of had a penalty instead? Holy fuck man... :2gunsfiring_v1:

Clutching to a goal? I think the defenders of it not being a goal are missing the whole point here. I for one have stated quite a few times that the performance was disgusting and the team and manager should have a long hard look at themselves and consider their place at the club. I even congratulated Albion for their performance, grit, and defending. However, even although I'm pissed off with everyone who took part in that game today, I should still be able to add my opinion without it being corrupted.

I say it was a goal, that's all.

To me you get some, you lose some.

Think we were lucky as fuck this time round and hopefully that will be the wake up call to get us through and march on to take the trophy at the paedodome.

They always say you need luck. Why should we not get some for a change?

There's also the fact that Mohsni's arms were up blocking the keeper from clearing the ball...

People often jump with their arms raised, Mohsni has every right to raised his arms. If I use my body to shield the ball from a player, am I impeding them? Nope, I'm playing smart and to my advantage. The keeper had no intention of 'clearing the ball' but rather, if you cared to watch, attempted to catch the ball whilst an opponent was contesting for it. The keeper was at fault for his hesitation. To say that he was impeded is majorly clutching at straws.

2 ex Rangers men sitting in the studio today said it was a foul. 2 Pro footballers who played for us said it was a foul.

And your point is sir? The man who counted today, the ref, said it was a foul.

I, for one, am thankful the ref did the game today and not Gough or McCann.

Was anyone upset when Jelavic's goal hit one post came back, spun in (willed on by 25,00 Gers fans I suspect :D ) hit the other post and rolled in ? Would probably not have happened on 9 out of 10 occasions.

So we get a (possibly) lucky break In accordance with the rules of the game, why complain ?

Did Mohsni actually touch the ball? I took Templeton next scorer at half time 9/1 and I'm massively clutching at straws that it went straight through albeit a small touch from the keeper :lol:

Bets still unsettled btw

Was my first reaction, hopefully he did or the previous 4 and a half pages could be void.

Was anyone upset when Jelavic's goal hit one post came back, spun in (willed on by 25,00 Gers fans I suspect :D ) hit the other post and rolled in ? Would probably not have happened on 9 out of 10 occasions.

So we get a (possibly) lucky break In accordance with the rules of the game, why complain ?

I guess people are complaining because we shouldn't have to rely on dubious goals to draw at home to Albion Rovers

I first thought it was going to be disallowed. Those type of things really depend on the ref. We can all say he was watching the ball etc but we've all seen softer things given for the goalie. It was a get out of jail card. I'm glad i never wasted my money on that shite.