Bolton after Buffell

explain how naismith is worth 2 million and buffel is worth 1?

It's not to say that Naismith is worth double the value of Buffel. It's just that Buffel has been inconsistent over the past 2 years and we seem like looking to get rid of him in order to raise funds, while Naismith has performed very well in an average Killie team who financially don't need to sell.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem is, where does Buffel fit in? The only time he had a settle position was playing behind Lovenkrands, and that was a great partnership. But now, with Hemdani,Thomson, and Barry in the middle, Buffell is pish out on the left, and never impressed when playing up front.

Only problem is, where does Buffel fit in? The only time he had a settle position was playing behind Lovenkrands, and that was a great partnership. But now, with Hemdani,Thomson, and Barry in the middle, Buffell is pish out on the left, and never impressed when playing up front.

Exactly, it appears that we have signed players ro adopt to our system and I just don't think Buffel fits into it anymore.

If he played as a second striker he would come good IMO. All year we have been crying out for somebody with the movement and vision to pick out a pass in the final third and the whole time it has been sitting under our noses!

If we can get a million for Buffel then we shoudl take it. Walter knows the market well enough to get a player who can replace him.

Buffel is a pretty quality player, maybe not suited to the SPL - worth well more than £1m easily, he's a major player in the Belgian international team and has had european experience with Feynoord and us, if he was playing for Bolton and it was us that wanted him, then we'd be looking at £4-5m

Between 1-2 million for an injury prone player who's time has been up for well over a year now?

Yes, we still have loses in wages over that period to consider, also to bring in a replacement player. 1.5 out of boltons transfer fund is nothing.

If we get rid of Buffel, fair enough we dont use him, but if one game came along and he would slip in perfectly and we had shipped him off for 1mil and not bought a replacement player for him, we would be cursing the transfer upside down.

Now im not saying not get rid of him, but there is 2 months left in the transfer window, so why not hold out see if we can get a little bit more?

What was the offer we accepted in the january window for him? 1.2mil to 1.4 mil?

GTF £1m yet wigan want 1.5m for mcculloch. I am sick of us selling players on the cheap and paying over the odds for other players. FFS we paid £1.8m for sebo and we are considering selling buffel who is twice the player for just over half of that. I know hes inconsistant but who the hell is going to replace him for that money?

Buffel is a pretty quality player, maybe not suited to the SPL - worth well more than £1m easily, he's a major player in the Belgian international team and has had european experience with Feynoord and us, if he was playing for Bolton and it was us that wanted him, then we'd be looking at £4-5m

Booted oot a Feynoord for exactly the same thing he is doing at RFC....Hee haw

I dont know where spome of ye get yer info on this clown but he is a complete waster :barf:

£1 MILLION is an insulting offer, who do they think they are?

Why?If they want to give us a million,for a useless ponker like Buffell,I say bite their hand off.Walter has no intention of playing him anyway. :rolleyes:

punt and run with the cash. the guy has done nothing in a gers shirt for too long. takes him off the wages and lets walter get someone new in.

And (apart from bosmans!) who do we plan to get for £1,000,000 nowadays?

His position is playing off the main striker--a role Walter has been trying to play Ferguson in- unsuccessfully. Here is a novel thought- play Barry in his own position and try Buffel in his own position and see how it works.

Am I not right in saying that WS has never had Buffel at his disposal due to injury? Backs up yer argument m8

Play him the pre-season games and see how he fits in with the other new personnel around him.

Am I not right in saying that WS has never had Buffel at his disposal due to injury? Backs up yer argument m8

Play him the pre-season games and see how he fits in with the other new personnel around him.

I agree with you mate.

We often here Bears talk about how how Ferguson is not the same player he once was because he has poor players around him. I think Buffel suffers from being surronded by a lack of quality aswell. Maybe quality is too strong a word but he has certainly suffered from playing mainly with players who are quite slow and cumbersome, and therefore cannot benefit from his ability to play a quality throughh ball. If you add JCD and Beasley to our attack and play Buffel with them then I am quite confidnet that his influence on our play would improve greatly!

The debate about Buffel is all about opinions, as we all know what kind of player he is, and what he can do.

If you seen the Milan V Celtic game at the San Siro, you would have seen that Kaka was not in the game and had a very poor performance by his standards. Then he gets the ball and runs past a handfull of players to score a truely wonderful goal. Now, I'm not comparing Buffel to Kaka in terms of ability, nor am I stating that Buffel is capable of running past several players with ease. However, to some people, Kaka done enough that night as he scored the goal, despite not being in the game.

It is the same with Buffel. He is capable of that piece of brilliance, but some people want more than just that one piece of magic. His game and goal away to St Mirren last year is the perfect example.

As football fans we are greedy, if we see a player do something well then we expect it to be done consistantly.

In the Scottish game though it is all about grit, steel, determination and strength which is why, certainly in my opinion, Buffel should be sold. He simply does not suit the Scottish game, as we do not allow that inconsistancy.

The debate about Buffel is all about opinions, as we all know what kind of player he is, and what he can do.

If you seen the Milan V Celtic game at the San Siro, you would have seen that Kaka was not in the game and had a very poor performance by his standards. Then he gets the ball and runs past a handfull of players to score a truely wonderful goal. Now, I'm not comparing Buffel to Kaka in terms of ability, nor am I stating that Buffel is capable of running past several players with ease. However, to some people, Kaka done enough that night as he scored the goal, despite not being in the game.

It is the same with Buffel. He is capable of that piece of brilliance, but some people want more than just that one piece of magic. His game and goal away to St Mirren last year is the perfect example.

As football fans we are greedy, if we see a player do something well then we expect it to be done consistantly.

In the Scottish game though it is all about grit, steel, determination and strength which is why, certainly in my opinion, Buffel should be sold. He simply does not suit the Scottish game, as we do not allow that inconsistancy.

If we need to sell Buffel to bring in some quality I wouldn't have a problem with that. I just don't believe that we could get that type of quality for the money we would get for Buffel - so once again, standards slip. As you say - just an opinion.

What the f*** are we considering selling him for in the first place? He is a great player on his day and i still believe he can become more consistent. Does no one realise that by selling him we are losing our best creative player at a time when we need him. Does anyone think we will recoup the money we sell him for to spend on another player, we'll never see it. We need options so keep him, get him fit and get the best from him. A great example is letting peter lovenkrands go . He was our biggest attacking option and we have sorely missed him and he's proved how good he is in germany. Dont be so stupid Walter.