McCoist on STV. Fans need a reality check

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Sunday's performance was hard to stomach, but we will walk it through the replay. Surely we all know that. No matter what we think of him as the manager, he IS the manager of Rangers FC and we need to get behind him and the team until the day he leaves. I don't see him being here next season as it is clear to everyone that he is simply not good enough to move compete at the next level. In the meantime, get behind them and who knows we could still be the Scottish Cup winners yet!

Sad cunt that I am I had a look and compared our results this year against the lower two division teams (league and cup) against the results of all of the top division teams against the lower 2 division teams in the last 2 years (taking into account promotions/relegations as well).. As far as I can see it's as follows...

Us v league 1/2.................. 30-3-1 (or taking our results last 2 years.... 59-12-4)

Prem teams v league 1/2...11-4-5

Maybe Ally is right? The Prem teams seem to struggle against the lower teams as well. Significantly more than us actually.

Once again my feelings are that the day Rangers Football Club does not have the expectations and ambitions to win every competition we enter and we the fans fail to expect to see the leading Scottish football team win the majority of games, whilst playing, at the very least, half decent football then we will no longer be the Rangers which I grew up supporting.

Ally my two tickets were not purchased this year due to the boardroom and the team management , style of play I will not return to Ibrox until you have gone from the hot seat. I wont be back

Lets call it a reality check.

Good. Don't rush back. Why are you now posting on the Rangers section of a Rangers supporters forum? Off Topic is that way>>>>>>>

I know Sunday's performance was hard to stomach, but we will walk it through the replay. Surely we all know that. No matter what we think of him as the manager, he IS the manager of Rangers FC and we need to get behind him and the team until the day he leaves. I don't see him being here next season as it is clear to everyone that he is simply not good enough to move compete at the next level. In the meantime, get behind them and who knows we could still be the Scottish Cup winners yet!

A draw against Albion Rovers is not an embarrassment? why should we accept the Rangers meaning saying this. If he thinks this then what is he saying to our players do they think this is ok as he clearly does?

If it was a fan saying this on here or at the game he would get slagged.

He is quick to point out we no longer have a gazza or a laudrup and the quality of our team isn't what it once was, and he is right......however what he fails to aknowledge is that we are competing in a PART-TIME league. So whilst our standard has dropped from those days the standard of opposition has dropped far more!

And paying a manager into the bargain with Gazza-esq salary for trying to outwit par timers. Has Ally's salary went to pre-Gazza level?

Ally looks after no 1.

Im far from happy with the way he has us playing, but im not going to get angry and enraged over him giving a bite back, the guys been a fighter all his life

You're quite right about the angry & enraged part, however, the size of football salaries has always carried the (unspoken or otherwise) premise that it compensates for the level of public scrutiny to which they are subjected.

Those who start chipping back tend not to last long.

Yes - funny how we want honesty but 'we' can't handle it !

:lol: honesty? Unfortunately that's not what we are getting here at all. What we are getting us more spin and deflection to protect his own position! Making comparisons to our team being of a lesser standard is a fair one to make but not when you fail to take into account the massive factor that we are playing part time teams! Ally gets away with all these calculated remarks because people such as yourself continue to lap it up!

Couldn't watch the full interview he was spouting so much shite. Excuse after excuse.

This team will never be judged on the 9 in a row team the fact that he has come away with that line is alot of shite.

Can he not see the way they play? Just pass a fucking ball through the middle of the park for once and we'll be alot happier.

FFS.

Err none - it's stunning the amount of folk pitching in with their 'disgust' based on a lie of a thread title!

Deflect, deflect, deflect! I have seen very few people react to the title/headline here! The issue arises from what he actually says and you know it!

Err none - it's stunning the amount of folk pitching in with their 'disgust' based on a lie of a thread title!

There just disgusted with his same old shite excuses. Aye but we're winning the league early. So fuck it was always going to happen everyone in world football knows it.

I really cant work out Ally at the moment. Some of the comments suggest working your ticket out of here, but I cant believe that would be his intention.

In my mind we should be playing football more attractively.

Players like Templeton should be giving full backs in this league nightmares. For christs sake he gave Whittaker enough of them.

Personally I am completely unconvinced that we have a management team with any vision on how they wish the game to be played

This is what I feared.

The greatest ever Ranger(imo) is in real danger of leaving Ibrox(which will,hopefully,happen sooner rather than later) with all his achievements fading into insignificance.

He,more than most,should realise that scraping a draw at home to AR should always be regarded as nothing other than embarrassing.

It's like the "broken window" scenario.It's all about standards and regardless of what 11 go out there in Gers strips,our expectations and aims can never be lowered cos that is the slippiest of slippy slopes.

Please call it a day at the end of the season,Ally.

It's not too late to leave with your dignity.