McCoist on STV. Fans need a reality check

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So saying we shouldn't be judging the team the way we used to because we don't have the same quality of player but then saying in the next breath that our expectations of the team shouldn't change isn't contradictory?

Wake up man.

Yes, but that wasn't what he said.

He said that we expect to win and be entertained, shouldn't change that and were entitled to that view, he also said that people's expectations of performance need to understand that we don't have the class of player we used to.

Not a contradiction.

So is that a direct quote?

"I believe there is a lack of understanding in the respect that a lot of people are probably judging the club and the team in the same way as they have done for 100 years. And i dont thinks thats possibly the right thing to do. I think the club has and always be the club but the team is going through a transitional period so i think i wouldnt judge the two of them together at the moment. For example, the team we have at the moment, we dont have Gascoignes, we dont have Laudrups. What we have is a fantastic squad of boys that are doing their best for the club."

Utter pile of shite. (tu)

According to Ally, we have a lack of understanding because we are expecting our full time football squad that costs us £10m a year to beat Albion Rovers who cost £35k a year whilst comparing it to the likes of Laudrup and Gazza attempting to beat Celtic and top teams in Europe.

:anguish:

Line. Crossed. Cant even regard him as a Legend anymore. :( He can GTF. (tu)

Its just that the rich and privileged from an early age have a different perspective from the majority of us.

Money is easy to them.

These sportsmen are like that.

They are taught to acknowledge the working man as tokenism but they have no idea why.

If you can't separate him as a player and as a manager then I feel sorry for you.

Ive managed to separate it for a long long time and ive said so often. For me Ally was my all time favourite Ranger. He has slowly been destroying that memory for me with his shite excuses and his attempts to play the fans for fools. The line has been crossed. And it really does hurt me to say it. (tu)

"I believe there is a lack of understanding in the respect that a lot of people are probably judging the club and the team in the same way as they have done for 100 years. And i dont thinks thats possibly the right thing to do. I think the club has and always be the club but the team is going through a transitional period so i think i wouldnt judge the two of them together at the moment. For example, the team we have at the moment, we dont have Gascoignes, we dont have Laudrups. What we have is a fantastic squad of boys that are doing their best for the club."

Utter pile of shite. (tu)

Ever hear anyone use the phrase 'not Rangers class'?

Imagine - a thread with a headline that interprets what Ally says in the worst light - and then folk using that headline to jump all over him! Stunning

It's nothing to do with the headline....read the actual quotes or better yet watch the full interview!

It's nothing to do with the headline....read the actual quotes or better yet watch the full interview!

I have - I thought you were berating posters recently for reacting to sensationalist headlines in the red tops and here you are condoning a mis quoted lie of a headline as it suits your current viewpoint on the manager!

A lot on here talk about showing ally respect....well although I agree resorting to name calling etc is uncalled for.....where is his respect for us the fans? He treats us like idiots and has continually lied to garner support.....I quess it's understandable as still so many buy into all the excuses and rhetoric!

I have - I thought you were berating posters recently for reacting to sensationalist headlines in the red tops and here you are condoning a mis quoted lie of a headline as it suits your current viewpoint on the manager!

What? I'm not reacting to the headline or title at all.....I have watched the full interview...have you?

A lot on here talk about showing ally respect....well although I agree resorting to name calling etc is uncalled for.....where is his respect for us the fans? He treats us like idiots and has continually lied to garner support.....I quess it's understandable as still so many buy into all the excuses and rhetoric!

Don't know about lying kev but Ally certainly knows how to manipulate the fans