A Shameful State of Play

Virtuoso

I totally agree with everything in the article by the VB. I wish our board would grow a pair and retaliated strongly against all our enemies, and for the blazer chasing fan groups, especially sos hopefully they will disappear up their own arseholes.

Well said VB's.

I truly feel for the future of the great club I have followed all my life, I just don't recognize it anymore.

Until we get an owner in who has even a modicum of what The Rangers is all about then I feel it will only go from bad to worse, how much worse? I shudder to think.

While I understand the need to steady the ship we also need to have a strong chairman who is willing to stand up to the corrupt individuals and groups who lie about, and defame the name of our club and support at every opportunity secure in the knowledge that they will not be brought to task.

Probably the last chairman we had who would stand up for the club and more importantly the fans, we have to go back to John Lawrance, [David Holmes wasn't in the job long enough] and Murray would only speak up if he personally was attacked, although it was disguised by the success he brought us, but ultimately he didn't give a toss about us as he showed by selling our club to a thief.

Now we are in a situation where a whole generation of fans have never known what it's like to have an owner who is one of us and who could unite us, instead we are run by people who are only interested in how much money they can make out of us, and fan groups [i use that term in the most part with contempt] who also seem quite happy to splinter all fans and in doing so as a support make us weaker still, can these people not see what their egos are doing or do they just not care?.

As i said at the top I just don't recognize my club anymore and it makes me so sad that the new generation of fans will never get to know what it was like to stand shoulder to shoulder with fellow fans and be a true united support.

A very good and balanced account. To be honest though I think it's a bit harsh on the current board in so much as they have been fighting opposition from day 1 and until such times as a plan is formulated its hard to judge them.

Have to agree with you on the board "judgement", Kev, as it is not the board's duty to jump to the rescue of the club whenever some clown of a chairman makes stupid unfounded remarks, which have been handled by the governing bodies (will Lundy take action?).

Also Dave King being lauded as the "peacemaker" makes me laugh, as he can change like a chameleon when it suits his cause, as he was one of the "crowd" a very few weeks ago.

As for demanding unity, the VB's are 100% right on this one, and even before this article, we have mostly been giving RST a few good shouts on RM,as they have been seen to be doing the right thing lately.

Otherwise, not a bad article, and as usual, VB's looking after our traditions'

:7325:

Very very good article, defending us against our enemy's isn't just what this board has failed to do but all boards since Minty onwards, it seems we were irrevocably changed by the daddy of all spivs and id love to see us reclaim our true dignity like I've read about in the Rangers history books.