Perspective

Yesterday demonstrated many things, not least the fact that with Ally and his 2 coaching stooges at the helm we will struggle next season.

It is not about Ally anymore, it is about what is best for Rangers and the supporters and what is best for both is a new manager and a clear out of players who frankly are a bunch of twats

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary imho in a decade we will looked back on Allys time at the club as a financial and footballing disaster. He is running us into the ground. We dont need to give him any longer in order to see this.

I couldn't agree more. We will look back at this period in our history completely different to the way I thought we would, ie the chance to build a proper footballing infrastructure - a journey that would be celebrated out of those dark days. A chance to see new talent realised and getting back to the top with some dignity and valour and with a proper foundation, both in football and financial terms, to go forward.

My thoughts now are that we will look back and see how we had that chance and gave it all up for piss poor football by overpaid underachievers and the default to wasting shit loads of cash out of abject loyalty to Ally McCoist and nothing to be proud of.

I thought they were disciplined and held their shape. Each man fought his battle well.

To make that easier, they didn't attack much, but we know how it ended so that is moot.

Fair enough. The fact is they are what they are a poor championship side that didn't have to play well to beat us and that says more about us than it does them.

I get that, but to demand the guy is sacked without considering what the future might look like is not helpful. I'd love to watch flowing football each week, but until the club is being run in a sane way, we won't get the right man to do that.

I really dont care about flowing football, and never have been one to moan about performances as long as we were getting the job done. If the players cant get fired up enough to beat Raith in a cup final, then they dont deserve to be there.

If the manager cant get that team fired up enough to beat Raith in a cup final then he does not deserve to be here.

A lot of reasoned opinion on this thread, feels good to have a discussion without it dissolving into rage. I'd like to see, in this order:

1. Boardroom clear out
  2. New constitution for Rangers, with minimum standards for transparency/ethics beyond the legal minimum.
  3. Ally replaced with a football genius

If we try to do #3 first, we're going to go round in circles forever, as any new guy worth his salt would not put up with our suit-clowns.

The writing was on the wall his first season in charge, Celtic were on their knees and we were 15 points or so ahead and he couldn't maintain it, we went in to administration so it papered over the managerial cracks and Ally became a bit of a legend for his media profile (WDDWA etc) call me paranoid but he obviously knew what he was doing, he knew even as Rangers manager in the bottom-tier of scottish football, he'd still get a few quid to do the job.

The final loss is the worst I've felt as a Rangers man since we went in to Admin. But football can change in the blink of an eye and a result against DUTD would change our views for that week

Where is said grit? I saw fuck all yesterday.

Grit on behalf of the supporters.

We've come part way, and the support has been immense. Now is no time to lose our bottle. I personally don't care about anything except as quick as possible a return to the top of the tree. Many on here are loudly convinced that 'Ally must go', but have no idea who should replace him, and little conception of the pressure they'll be under.

Sure there are better managers out of a job right now. But a lack of boardroom stability is a big flashing warning sign which will prevent all but the most desperate from applying. Ally is uniquely positioned to ride out the remainder of the storm.

I understand disagreement with this (It's just my opinion), but without an explanation of how any new guy would work in our circumstances, it's hard to treat it as any more than petulant foot-stamping.

While we should have walked the game yesterday, some of the reaction on here and elsewhere has been overly emotional. Ally is here to get us back to the top, and he's doing that despite an ongoing boardroom circus which would cripple most clubs.

No other manager would have tolerated the last few years, but Ally has stayed and won us successive leagues. When you see the players making mistake after mistake, it is tempting to point at the man currently sending them out. Remember though that they're young and doing something - for our club - which is far from the usual career path. Uncertainties mount and confidence drains away, suddenly everyone's play is inhibited. But still we romped the league.

I'm not saying he's the best coach, but he is what we need right now. With our support and modest financial outlay we'll walk the league again next season, with Ally at the helm. At that point, we can look for the right man to take us to the next stage.

In a decade or more, we'll be able to see just how important the job he's doing is. In the meantime, don't disgrace us with short-term tantrums when we don't win absolutely everything.

Did you husband put you up to this Mrs McCoist??? ........... :pipe:

While we should have walked the game yesterday, some of the reaction on here and elsewhere has been overly emotional. Ally is here to get us back to the top, and he's doing that despite an ongoing boardroom circus which would cripple most clubs.

No other manager would have tolerated the last few years, but Ally has stayed and won us successive leagues. When you see the players making mistake after mistake, it is tempting to point at the man currently sending them out. Remember though that they're young and doing something - for our club - which is far from the usual career path. Uncertainties mount and confidence drains away, suddenly everyone's play is inhibited. But still we romped the league.

I'm not saying he's the best coach, but he is what we need right now. With our support and modest financial outlay we'll walk the league again next season, with Ally at the helm. At that point, we can look for the right man to take us to the next stage.

In a decade or more, we'll be able to see just how important the job he's doing is. In the meantime, don't disgrace us with short-term tantrums when we don't win absolutely everything.

I mostly agree but Ally knows if he wants the support he has to win especially against a poor team with a bigoted chairman and the players need a shock not the nice guy we all have to face the rabid anti-rangers country and so should they

To a point I see what you mean, but, you seem to be bogged down with the stalwart job that Ally has done with handling Admin, and his battle with the subsequent different boards since then, and proposing that we are being unfair to Ally.

First of all, our club is not, and has never been, crippled by the board. It and the previous board have given Ally all the support he has requested, but Ally prefers to think differently, and shows scorn to them, while financially benefitting both him, and the team.

Secondly, your presumption that we are all just little minded, and are throwing hissy fits,and overreacting whenever things go awry, is way off base.

You say we should not be over emotional. This game of football that we all adhere to is not some namby-pamby knitting contest, but a game that until recently Rangers were at the top of, and emotion is the life blood of football fans' who follow this club, and will continue long after Ally or any other manager is around. In this game, emotion amongst fans' is paramount.

You're right though, that Ally is not the best coach around, and past coaches have not lasted the distance with previous owners and fans'. Only Ally's stance during Admin has enabled him to last this long, plus his previous footballing ability, as it certainly isn't his prowess as a coach.

My personal opinion is simple, yes, Ally is to be commended for his undying love of Rangers, but not to the detriment of the team, and just because he is a footballing legend, we must not let this cloud our judgement when voicing our opinion as to his managerial ability.

We the paying fan base have every right to be critical of any manager and his staff, the same as we have the right to criticise any elected member of the board, and cry out for change whenever the needs arise. (Something we never had under one man ownership model).

This is not a personal attack on Ally, it is a qualified (qualified meaning, spending all our lives playing, then watching, and paying for the privilage of watching our team) assessment of his coaching abilities when with Rangers, by thousands of concerned fans',who have been very patient and loyal, but are now feeling the trust, that they have given freely, is now being taken for granted, and feel the need for change, that will restore the team, to it's natural stature.

:7325: