Steven Pressley - Hear me out

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks! He certainly united the Falkirk support - they all hated him(I'm married to one of them, you should have seen the look on his face when I told him about this thread). He was only there so long because they couldn't afford to get rid of him. His tactics aren't any better than Ally's. Not unless you think standing with his arms folded instead of his hands in his pockets are an improvement!? He does have the brown shoes tho.

I would take a gamble on almost any candidate at the moment and see the positive attributes Presley would bring . He could work but think our sights should be higher . There are plenty of young and older talented managers out there who would be good for us

My fear is that the owners / board are happy to see this car crash football grind it's way through the leagues with the current management team and will only change things when promotion ain't achieved - so another season of this eyesore

I dont think the bold is a smart move. I want Ally replaced, but it has to be the right replacement, or we will end up right back in this situation a few years from now, only with much more at stake.

The next choice of manager is absolutely crucial in our journey back to the top

Pressley has only progressed as a manager so far. I would like a new manager to have been progressing majority of the time rather than here and there.

And I don't think he's that bad a shout personally.

What do you mean by set our sights higher? A bigger name? Just because it's a bigger name doesn't necessarily mean it's the right manager! The right manager is the one who ticks the clubs boxes and will give the club what it needs, for me Pressley does for us

If you want a bigger name, why not go for Jan Venegoor of Hesselink? :)

Have we ruled out Malky Mackay by the way?

And Stevie Clarke?

Pressley should definetely be on the list. Theres a few good managers around league 1 and 2 in england.

Somebody else on here mentioned Nigel Warburton.

He's the best thing since sliced bread. :)

Pressley should definetely be on the list. Theres a few good managers around league 1 and 2 in england.

Somebody else on here mentioned Nigel Warburton.

Agree with this, Both Eddie Howe and Karl Robinson would be decent candidates imo.Both hungry to succeed with a modern outlook .

Agree with this, Both Eddie Howe and Karl Robinson would be decent candidates imo.Both hungry to succeed with a modern outlook .

I honestly think we'd be aiming to high for Eddie Howe. Burnley have all but secured premiership football, and hes being mentioned for bigger and better things.

Can someone enlighten me as to why Stuart McCall never gets much of a mention when the next manager is discussed ? To me he has done a very good job with Motherwell with limited resources and would be an ideal candidate. A Bradford fan I work with says he did a great job there too, only resigning because he promised promotion or playoffs (I forget exactly which) and when he narrowly missed out, left. This despite the advice of Alex Ferguson, and against the wishes of the Bradford fans.

I said something similar a few months back for the same reasons. I think he done ok at Falkirk and we could have done worse than sign the guy they had playing up front during that period ( cant recall his name but he scored a few and looked a decent player. Think he was English)

I said something similar a few months back for the same reasons. I think he done ok at Falkirk and we could have done worse than sign the guy they had playing up front during that period ( cant recall his name but he scored a few and looked a decent player. Think he was English)

Lyle Taylor now at Partick Thistle ?.