Will you renew/buy a ST if McCoist is in charge next season?

Will you renew/buy a ST with McCoist as manager?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing/buying a season ticket with Ally McCoist as manager?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Unsure.
    • No, but will attend Ibrox on a game-by-game basis by purchasing paper tickets.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sad people won't renew cause they don't like the manager.

Surly that's a taig thing to do if there was such a thing.

Yeah, so by that logic, is it a "Taig thing" to want attractive, attacking football for your hundreds of pounds every season?

Get lost with that shit, man.

Face facts; Ally McCoist has and never will be a good manager. We will never win the SPFL Premiership with him in charge and his negative football get easily exposed by SPFL Premiership/Championship teams.

I cant go to games till November but will buy half season ticket when I can. I completely appreciate why some wont renew but the hard times make the good times better. I don't want Ally as manager but I never want to see us in administration again.

I'l be renewing.

don't really get value out of it due to work commitments, but thats my only consideration, last year we were all giving it laldy about telling our grandkids we stood by the club through its journey back to the top - whats changed?

the reality checks a bitch eh.

I'l be renewing.

don't really get value out of it due to work commitments, but thats my only consideration, last year we were all giving it laldy about telling our grandkids we stood by the club through its journey back to the top - whats changed?

the reality checks a bitch eh.

I think the majority of current ST holders will renew, mate. But average gate will go down unless Ally changes his mentality going into games or just goes altogether.

I just think it's a bit unfair to call someone a "Taig" or "Taig-like" for not wanting to renew. It's a personal choice IMO.

If no-one renewed, I wouldn't like it, but I'd defend those fans' right to not renew.

I'll renew. I support Rangers FC, regardless of who picks the team and who is selected in the squad. This doesn't mean I support, like or dislike a manager/player. In saying this I'm of the opinion that the clubs management and coaching team needs majorly overhauled.

Each to their own, but I think not renewing with the main reason being who is manager, is daft.

I decided after we drew 2-2 with Peterhead on our journey back I wouldn't renew my season ticket for as long as Ally was in charge - yep one game and it was enough for me. that was it for me.

My son and my grandson did renew though, because my 9 year old grandson simply doesn't know any better and my son couldn't deny him.

Good that your son and grandchild have stood by The Gers,i applaud them both :clap: . Shame after one match you just bailed. (td)

I buy my ST to watch Rangers (1872-Forever) and even if Ally was still the manager (which I hope he's not) it wouldn't stop me from financing the club I have supported for 55 years.

By the way Dave King can take this as a GET-YOURSELF-TAE-FUCK message as well.

Answered yes, but I won 't be happy if he 's still here.

One part of me is reluctant to let him have good money to chuck after bad. (The thinking & same part, that is.)

The other says that, from time to time, we'll all be unhappy about some aspect of the running of the club & where would we be if we all started picking & choosing when we were going to renew, then ultimately depriving the club of much needed cash. (That'll be MY blind loyal side.)

Just have to hope that our leaders do what's right!

I buy my ST to watch Rangers (1872-Forever) and even if Ally was still the manager (which I hope he's not) it wouldn't stop me from financing the club I have supported for 55 years.

By the way Dave King can take this as a GET-YOURSELF-TAE-FUCK message as well.

I've run out of 'likes' for the day, but I do like this!

Why not protest instead of withholding vital funds? I appreciate people are entitled to spend their money how they like but there are others ways of applying pressure.

This would be better from a financial point of view but I wouldn't like to see any protests at Ibrox for him to go yet. He must know by now the majority want him out so he should be given the chance to walk at the end of the season. If he doesn't respect the fans wishes then we would maybe have to go down that route.

After a long period of reflection and soul searching, I have decided NOT to renew my season ticket (in Govan Rear). I will opt to buy 'paper' tickets as required.

At 60 years of age, having followed the team from Northern Ireland for countless years (in seasons good and bad), I think I have the right to make that choice. This is my personal decision, and I do not commend it, or advocate it, to other fans - it's, simply, my decision - it's how I feel right now.

My reaction is not a knee-jerk one but, rather based upon the frustration that has built up over the past two seasons. I am no longer prepared to tolerate the shambles that passes for 'football' at Ibrox these days. The games against Raith and Dundee United are, simply the 'straws that finally broke the camels back'.

Yes, we were much better on Saturday but - let's be honest - that wouldn't have been difficult given the gutless performance in Edinburgh last Sunday or those we have been subjected too week in, week out over the course of this season! Yesterday demonstrated, yet again, Ally's failings as a manager, and his consistent resort to ever more pathetic excuses to deny what is obvious to almost all of us who follow the team regularly - that we are a poor side with poor quality on, and off, the pitch!

To say in his after match interviews that, “I’ve reckoned we had a side of top flight ability and I think that’s maybe been shown to be the case today." is crass, insensitive and, more worryingly, so far detached from reality that I begin to fear for Ally's sanity. I don't think any of us would claim that we have a team of 'top flight ability' - not when we have watched the dire performances (collective and individual) that we have been subjected too for the past two seasons.

In defence we are an utter shambles; in midfield we are more often than not totally ineffective, and up front we are unable to put the ball in the net. I need not highlight particular individuals - others have done that much more expertly that I could ever do - suffice to say that the vast majority are, simply, not of Rangers standard. Poor players, playing against substandard opposition, producing embarrassing, schoolboy football.

This team is Ally's team - he has signed the majority of the players who have consistently underperformed this past two seasons. Many of his signings were 'panic' buys like Ricky Foster and Stevie Smith, while others like Peralta (despite his decent performance on Saturday), Cribari and Black have been poor or, at best, decidedly average. Some like Moshni are 'accidents' just waiting to happen and, some others, really need to hang up their boots.

If Ally really believs this is a side of 'top flight ability' then he must be living in a parallel universe - one in which he sees a team that is excellent, that has no flaws, makes no errors and plays fast, flowing, creative football.

In my universe (the real one), I see a team that cannot string two passes together, that consistently makes schoolboy errors in every part of the pitch; that is unable to find a player with a pass (long or short); that cannot cross a ball; that cannot beat an opposing player; that cannot befend, win a midfield battle or finish a relatively simple chance.

Truth is, that's what most supporters see week in and week out. The time for excuses is at an end, and it's clear to most that Ally's days are numbered. But I would sooner he resigned than be sacked. He is- as everyone recognises - a living legend, and I do not wish to see him lose the respect he justly deserves or the gratitude he has earned for his stalwart defence of our club during its darkest hours.

I have made my decision, and I appreciate that many will disagree with it. But, I'm afraid I can't watch this any longer, or continue to listen to the ever more 'fantastic' excuses offered by Ally following each hapless, pathetic display.

My decision has nothing to do with Dave King, Season Ticket trusts, boardroom wrangles or infantile in-fighting - I've simply got to the end of my tether!

After a long period of reflection and soul searching, I have decided NOT to renew my season ticket (in Govan Rear). I will opt to buy 'paper' tickets as required.

At 60 years of age, having followed the team from Northern Ireland for countless years (in seasons good and bad), I think I have the right to make that choice. This is my personal decision, and I do not commend it, or advocate it, to other fans - it's, simply, my decision - it's how I feel right now.

My reaction is not a knee-jerk one but, rather based upon the frustration that has built up over the past two seasons. I am no longer prepared to tolerate the shambles that passes for 'football' at Ibrox these days. The games against Raith and Dundee United are, simply the 'straws that finally broke the camels back'.

Yes, we were much better on Saturday but - let's be honest - that wouldn't have been difficult given the gutless performance in Edinburgh last Sunday or those we have been subjected too week in, week out over the course of this season! Yesterday demonstrated, yet again, Ally's failings as a manager, and his consistent resort to ever more pathetic excuses to deny what is obvious to almost all of us who follow the team regularly - that we are a poor side with poor quality on, and off, the pitch!

To say in his after match interviews that, “I’ve reckoned we had a side of top flight ability and I think that’s maybe been shown to be the case today." is crass, insensitive and, more worryingly, so far detached from reality that I begin to fear for Ally's sanity. I don't think any of us would claim that we have a team of 'top flight ability' - not when we have watched the dire performances (collective and individual) that we have been subjected too for the past two seasons.

In defence we are an utter shambles; in midfield we are more often than not totally ineffective, and up front we are unable to put the ball in the net. I need not highlight particular individuals - others have done that much more expertly that I could ever do - suffice to say that the vast majority are, simply, not of Rangers standard. Poor players, playing against substandard opposition, producing embarrassing, schoolboy football.

This team is Ally's team - he has signed the majority of the players who have consistently underperformed this past two seasons. Many of his signings were 'panic' buys like Ricky Foster and Stevie Smith, while others like Peralta (despite his decent performance on Saturday), Cribari and Black have been poor or, at best, decidedly average. Some like Moshni are 'accidents' just waiting to happen and, some others, really need to hang up their boots.

If Ally really believs this is a side of 'top flight ability' then he must be living in a parallel universe - one in which he sees a team that is excellent, that has no flaws, makes no errors and plays fast, flowing, creative football.

In my universe (the real one), I see a team that cannot string two passes together, that consistently makes schoolboy errors in every part of the pitch; that is unable to find a player with a pass (long or short); that cannot cross a ball; that cannot beat an opposing player; that cannot befend, win a midfield battle or finish a relatively simple chance.

Truth is, that's what most supporters see week in and week out. The time for excuses is at an end, and it's clear to most that Ally's days are numbered. But I would sooner he resigned than be sacked. He is- as everyone recognises - a living legend, and I do not wish to see him lose the respect he justly deserves or the gratitude he has earned for his stalwart defence of our club during its darkest hours.

I have made my decision, and I appreciate that many will disagree with it. But, I'm afraid I can't watch this any longer, or continue to listen to the ever more 'fantastic' excuses offered by Ally following each hapless, pathetic display.

My decision has nothing to do with Dave King, Season Ticket trusts, boardroom wrangles or infantile in-fighting - I've simply got to the end of my tether!

Pretty much nails it for me too.

I'd already given up my ST as I was not using it and going (and paying for) an additional paper ticket to sit with my mates in the Main Stand - it made no financial sense.

As for next season? I'll be there as and when (work permitting), but I'll still be calling for a change at the top. Him (McCoist) still being in charge will drive more supporters away from the club than any of this Board/King/Fans' groups shenanigans ever could.

His position is untenable...he has to go.