• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

No they havent.

They played CL for fuck sake.

a competition we can't currently qualify for. I wouldn't say what the did in the champions league is an achievement, finishing 4th in group. I don't know any of them that would say yeah we had a good season either

a competition we can't currently qualify for. I wouldn't say what the did in the champions league is an achievement, finishing 4th in group. I don't know any of them that would say yeah we had a good season either

They won a better league than us and played against European sides.

Only a moron would say we have had a better season :lol:

They won a better league than us and played against European sides.

Only a moron would say we have had a better season :lol:

better cup runs, better league record. IMO in our respective position we have!

European sides yes, but we can't qualify for that so irrelevant when doing a comparison

Aye from certain people trying to make everything they can into a negative...

Or just deluded folk claiming a shite season in the gutter leagues is better than some teams who have also won the league and played in the best competition in Europe....

No wonder folk laugh at us

Or just deluded folk claiming a shite season in the gutter leagues is better than some teams who have also won the league and played in the best competition in Europe....

No wonder folk laugh at us

Looks like they will be laughing at us for some time to come, with an inept board and manager.

I know it is an argument well used about playing players out of position, but in my opinion it is fairly weak. A good player could almost play anywhere outwith their "natural" position, when asked to do so - particularly against poor opposition. To say a young developing player has a "natural" position is not always true, they are developing for a reason - to find that position, skill set, awareness, strength etc.. I am not totally dismissing it but it is a fairly weak argument.

A couple of examples - if you need a player to "cut in" rather than cross the ball - ie: Ribbery at Bayern - then playing him on the left despite him being right footed would be seen as playing him "out of position" - but he often plays that position depending on the opposition.

It is just an argument that is used too often but is not a strong one..

oh and Graham Roberts, enough said :wink:

Point I was trying to make was when Wallace went off against Raith we had a LB playing at LM but instead of doing the easy thing and bringing on a winger he brought on Faure at RB and swapped Foster to RB.

Chelsea's left back is a right back... Better tell Jose he doesn't know how to manage the team

Big difference he has played well out of position.

Also Morinho isn't afraid to drop under performing players Ally does.

Also don't think Morinho would be first onto the karaoke after the worst defeat in our history.

so how do we realistically do that with a wage budget a 1\3 of theirs? Find better cheap players than them? How with no scouts no scouting budget no budget for transfers? We are being run for second get used to it.

Yeah we do have the second highest wage budget but we also have the second highest turnover. Do we have the second highest paid execs?

where have you read our wage budget will be 1/3 of theirs when we are in the top flight? or are you just making your board bashing up as you go along?

We aint being run for second place, only a brainwashed numbskull would believe that

Other than Forfar and Raith Rovers the results can't be criticised too much. Its the performances and standard of football that's awful.

If stupid comparisons need to be made then at least McCoist has won the league games. However stupid comparisons don't need to be made ;)