How come it's "anti-football" when Smith done it...?

GOAT

You have to use what you have and play to your strengths whilst stopping the opposition playing to theirs.

Whilst it's a wee bit disappointing for Chelsea to do it as they have great players I can understand why he did it.

Chelsea fans won't care as long as they go thru. What's the alternative ? Open the game up and get papped out ?

I know which one the Chelsea fans will go for.

As for Walter he was simply using what he had in the best fashion possible. We contained the opposition and got a few lucky breaks.

Unfortunately that tactic doesn't work against a really good team and we eventually met one in the final.

We weren't good enough to contain them and paid the price.

There is almost always an element of anti football in any game.

Winding down the clock, slowing the pace down, time wasting etc

I doubt Jose will be hurting over the jibes

Just for the record, it's not anti-football for me, it's smart tactical football. Just interestng to see the difference of opinions to Chelsea and us 2008.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Anti-Football thing is a load of pish, I remember when England were banned from Europe and the Italians used to win everything, the Italians used to bore us all shitless and watching paint dry on some occasions provided more entertainment, the worse final ever was if the Italian team who won the competition the year before met the Italian team who qualified that year and it was an all Italian final.

And another thing bring back the Cup Winners Cup I say.

This Anti-Football thing is a load of pish, I remember when England were banned from Europe and the Italians used to win everything, the Italians used to bore us all shitless and watching paint dry on some occasions provided more entertainment, the worse final ever was if the Italian team who won the competition the year before met the Italian team who qualified that year and it was an all Italian final.

And another thing bring back the Cup Winners Cup I say.

2003 Final. :anguish:

CL - for the champions of their leagues, maybe at a push 2nd place aswell

EL - for 3rd-6th depending on what leagues they are in, and the winners of the league cups of their country.

CWC - Winners of their national cups or runners up. Simples.

They certainly weren't good at football or they wouldn't be were they are.

Where they are ?

What playing for a professional football club ?

And before you post in another flippant silly answer here's something to think about.

I know personally two players who chose to stay part-time when offered a full time contract because their 'day job' paid more.

One at Kilmarnock and the other at the old airdrie.

The point being they are all decent players and some are definitely better than the level they are playing at.

Where they are ?

And before you post in another flippant silly answer here's something to think about.

I know personally two players who chose to stay part-time when offered a full time contract because their 'day job' paid more.

The point being they are all decent players and some are definitely better than the level they are playing at.

They don't play professional football. They play semi-pro in the worst leagues in Europe. (tu)

Where they are ?

You do know that most of the teams in the lower leagues are part time therefore are not professional clubs

I remember when SPL teams set up to stop us playing and it was referred to as "setting up their stall," and was deemed fair play against stronger opposition. Fast-forward to post-European final and suddenly the vocabulary has changed to "doing a Rangers," as if this was some kind of disease introduced solely by us. Subsequent "anti-football" displays against us were then called "doing a Rangers to Rangers." The Scottish media is a vile cesspit, shame upon their customers.

What's embarrassing is not supporting a manager who has stuck by us though all this turmoil, gone unbeaten in this league and then backstabbing him in petulant fits of foot stamping wailing.

( oh and 'cowardly' - Ally has put him self front and center - he is not hiding in some anonomous Internet forum bad mouthing folk - but stood up to be counted - also - it is sad days indeed when 'supporters' have a pop at someone for actually defending the manager)

Three years of poor football.

He is a coward. He continually makes snide and conniving comments in the press with regards to how much money he is/isn't getting, wails about how hard it will be without "reinforcements". If he isn't being cowardly why doesn't he just hand the board a list of players and say that's what I need, get them. No, he keep sgoing on about the diffiuclties facing the club but then says he needs more players. He tries to have his cake and eat it.

I actually don't like him anymore. I work with guys like him and I don't trust them. End of.

Semi-pro is the junior leagues I didn't realise the corrupt cabal had kicked us that far down the league set-up !

Semi-pro is where we are now. The only other professional club in our league is Dunfermline. Next season while be the first time we've played in a profesional league since 2011/12.

Semi-pro is the junior leagues I didn't realise the corrupt cabal had kicked us that far down the league set-up !

A good lot of the Juniors are better than a good deal of the teams we have played over the last two years. You just need to look at the Scottish Cup every year to see the Juniors beating SPFL teams.

.. But as all the FM2014 managers on here tell us when other teams do that against us it should be easy to score 4-5 goals against opposition that park the bus. !!!

But what is this, you are not discussing Rangers in a negative manner, you are not slagging our Manager, got it you must be a troll.

There's a reason their postmen.

That's an unquan tifiable statement. How the hell can you judge how good a footballer someone is if they choose another profession or trade?

I played with a few Ayrshire sides when I was in my mid teens and then was offered a contract with Dumbarton. I turned it down because I was joining the Army.

Was I good enough? I think so but I wanted something different, you cannot say that the reason these guys are not full time is because they're not good enough you don't know they circumstances. Who the fuck are you to judge?

Semi-pro is where we are now. The only other professional club in our league is Dunfermline. Next season while be the first time we've played in a profesional league since 2011/12.

You are getting all confused with the terms 'part-time and semi-pro.

Every club in the SPFL is a professional club yes even down to the bottom of league two.