How come it's "anti-football" when Smith done it...?

GOAT

Thank goodness we have always been an amateur team and all our heros of the past, and all our great managers, just did it for love!

Our heroes were paid handsomely for performing against comparably (arguably) similar quality of players, certainly in Scotland.

Either way thanks for pointing out the disparity between the players we used to have and their opponents and the players we have now and theirs.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back stabbing? How on earth can you make accusations like that on the internet? That is totally illogical!

I don't normally take to being abusive, but your are a dick.

If you don't like what I am saying that's fine. I'm a big boy. But I got sick of defending him a year ago. I am about as up front about it in my thoughts as you can be on the internet.

Stood up and was counted? Like a lot of us who handed over cash they could ill afford to support the club. He has been well paid for standing up and being counted. He did a job then, he certainly isn't now.

I am sick of his double talk. I haven't heard an honest assessment of our performances in years.

So you get all huffy cause I call you out on your

'Snide' remark - so it's ok to abuse the manager but chuck the dummy oot if you feel affronted! Go figure!

Our heroes were paid handsomely for performing against comparably (arguably) similar quality of players, certainly in Scotland.

Either way thanks for pointing out the disparity between the players we used to have and their opponents and the players we have now and theirs.

Our have performed well - fking romped this league - despite 'park the bus' tactics from teams - league delivered - cup final and a semi final - works for me - winning equals goals - goals equals entertainment - goal difference fucking massive (85) and still folk whinge and moan like fk - and then moan cause I defend the manager! Go figure!!

Yes - I dont believe that shit for a minute - It's pap that you and your ilk like to perpetuate - and take rumours and try to pass them of as facts! Supporter? No!

S you don't believe. Any of the other board papers released?

Or was it just that particular one that you don't believe?

Our have performed well - fking romped this league - despite 'park the bus' tactics from teams - league delivered - cup final and a semi final - works for me - winning equals goals - goals equals entertainment - goal difference fucking massive (85) and still folk whinge and moan like fk - and then moan cause I defend the manager! Go figure!!

Plenty teams with far bigger budgets than their opponents have to contend with "park the bus" tactics and yet still manage to play decent, attractive football. We have pros who cannot control a pass never mind make one consistently.

That has nothing to do with the opposition and everything do with ourselves. There is a problem mate, for me its not debatable.

If you decide you want to debate the cause or root of that problem then fine, but to act like one doesn't exist is madness.

Plenty teams with far bigger budgets than their opponents have to contend with "park the bus" tactics and yet still manage to play decent, attractive football. We have pros who cannot control a pass never mind make one consistently.

That has nothing to do with the opposition and everything do with ourselves. There is a problem mate, for me its not debatable.

If you decide you want to debate the cause or root of that problem then fine, but to act like one doesn't exist is madness.

Problems always exist - but they are no where near as bad as some try to make out - but we are angry do ( IMHO) some have turned that anger on the team and manager and that's sad!

Problems always exist - but they are no where near as bad as some try to make out - but we are angry do ( IMHO) some have turned that anger on the team and manager and that's sad!

We're angry at forking out a fortune following the team around the country only to have the style of football on display be unacceptable. With our budget against top flight opposition we'd be in agreement that it is passable, but against Semi-pros and lower league pros? C'mon mate. There isn't even an effort to play slick passes or anything resembling it. Its hoof, hoof, hoof from the first whistle. Guys like Law and Shiels spend matches watching balls fly over their heads.

The laughable part of it is, we lump balls up for big Jon 90% of the match but make no attempt to get bodies in and around him or running off him. We did for the first 6 weeks of the season and then for some reason 1 up front really became 1 up front.

We're angry at forking out a fortune following the team around the country only to have the style of football on display be unacceptable. With our budget against top flight opposition we'd be in agreement that it is passable, but against Semi-pros and lower league pros? C'mon mate. There isn't even an effort to play slick passes or anything resembling it. Its hoof, hoof, hoof from the first whistle. Guys like Law and Shiels spend matches watching balls fly over their heads.

The laughable part of it is, we lump balls up for big Jon 90% of the match but make no attempt to get bodies in and around him or running off him. We did for the first 6 weeks of the season and then for some reason 1 up front really became 1 up front.

We have scored 85 more goals than we have conceded in the league - take a wee look at the goals of the season thread - yes players are at a lower level than we are used to but this much vaunted 2nd highest wage bill is about a fifth of what we used to spend. I agree we ain't watching the Laudrup/ Gascogne era type team but we are no where near the pump and run in every game either. W

We also have never experienced football at this level before and the quality is no where near as bad as folk want to say - some of these 'plumbers and postmen' play decent stuff and teams are tactically aware - and we still romped the league! I

At this time we are a support being tore apart from all sides, the mhedia have a lot to do with it, as much as we want nothing to do with them there will always be an element of our support willing to read and believe. There is anger, the Raith game is still a sore point for me and will remain that way for years.

We have scored 85 more goals than we have conceded in the league - take a wee look at the goals of the season thread - yes players are at a lower level than we are used to but this much vaunted 2nd highest wage bill is about a fifth of what we used to spend. I agree we ain't watching the Laudrup/ Gascogne era type team but we are no where near the pump and run in every game either. W

We also have never experienced football at this level before and the quality is no where near as bad as folk want to say - some of these 'plumbers and postmen' play decent stuff and teams are tactically aware - and we still romped the league! I

Yes, we don't have Gazza or Laudrup, but we have players who are comparable to current SPL players. Couple that with the fact we aren't playing against the quality of players Gazza or Laudrup played against, fuck, they aren't even anywhere near the quality of players we'll face in little over a year in the SPL. And yet we can't seem to string 5 or 6 passes together? We can't control the ball? Seriously mate, if you don't think that signing who we've signed and paying what we are paying makes it unacceptable that we can't even do those two things well, then imo you're in for a huge shock come 2015/16.

At this time we are a support being tore apart from all sides, the mhedia have a lot to do with it, as much as we want nothing to do with them there will always be an element of our support willing to read and believe. There is anger, the Raith game is still a sore point for me and will remain that way for years.

Everyone was gutted about Raith - but that's cup football for you. In fact that's football - its part of the 'enjoyment' its just we were on the receiving end makes it very, very sore. However, folk always say the sign of a good team is the league - we romped it with a 85 GD so far - it shows to me this team/management have NOT found their level - folk said they think we should have romped the league - the stats showed we did, the GD shows we did - and while its hard to watch at times I don't think enough credit is given to the tactical knowledge and set up of those teams (whom we beat). Also I have faith (I know some don't) that Ally sees what needs changed - but when he tries to say that folk are jumping up and down (in fact they seem to do that no matter what he says!)

Yes, we don't have Gazza or Laudrup, but we have players who are comparable to current SPL players. Couple that with the fact we aren't playing against the quality of players Gazza or Laudrup played against, fuck, they aren't even anywhere near the quality of players we'll face in little over a year in the SPL. And yet we can't seem to string 5 or 6 passes together? We can't control the ball? Seriously mate, if you don't think that signing who we've signed and paying what we are paying makes it unacceptable that we can't even do those two things well, then imo you're in for a huge shock come 2015/16.

See its statements like "we can't seem to string 5 or 6 passes together" and "We can't control the ball? " that I find just.... wrong ... - you don't romp the league like we did, or create a 85 goal difference without a modicum of skill, tactical awareness and ability. (and as I encouraged before - go look at some of our goals of the season - some are stunning!)

I also agree that we are not yet good enough for a real challenge at the SPL - the SPL players we have were decent, mid top table signings, and everyone (including Ally) knows that (except when Ally says it - he gets slaughtered - for telling the truth) - but folk that think we could have developed 20 kids to act as our squad, while doing so on a £6M budget (in the top league) and be ready are also being unrealistic. The squad needs investment, some players need 'transitioned' - this is normal - but for some if Ally says 'Left' they automatically take the view 'Right' is the direction to go.

See its statements like "we can't seem to string 5 or 6 passes together" and "We can't control the ball? " that I find just.... wrong ... - you don't romp the league like we did, or create a 85 goal difference without a modicum of skill, tactical awareness and ability. (and as I encouraged before - go look at some of our goals of the season - some are stunning!)

I also agree that we are not yet good enough for a real challenge at the SPL - the SPL players we have were decent, mid top table signings, and everyone (including Ally) knows that (except when Ally says it - he gets slaughtered - for telling the truth) - but folk that think we could have developed 20 kids to act as our squad, while doing so on a £6M budget (in the top league) and be ready are also being unrealistic. The squad needs investment, some players need 'transitioned' - this is normal - but for some if Ally says 'Left' they automatically take the view 'Right' is the direction to go.

No doubt some of our goals have been different class, but its not less than you would expect considering the gulf in quality between our players and the opposition we face.

I've never said anything about playing Barca football with a squad full of youths. The need to resort to this type of hyperbole is indication enough of the strength of your argument.

As for building a squad for 2015/16? We were told the money being spent now was for that very purpose, yet as you have admitted yourself, most of these guys are nowhere near good enough.

And therein lies the crux of the matter: did he think these guys could transition? If so......WTF?! and if not, well the only reason to sign them would have been a belief that we needed mid table SPL players to win the 3 lowest divisions in a football backwater.

Either way Ally takes some justifiable criticism, but neither he or you are willing to accept it; and in his case that is worrying as a young manager should learn from his mistakes, not expect to just spend more money to hide them.

No doubt some of our goals have been different class, but its not less than you would expect considering the gulf in quality between our players and the opposition we face.

I've never said anything about playing Barca football with a squad full of youths. The need to resort to this type of hyperbole is indication enough of the strength of your argument.

As for building a squad for 2015/16? We were told the money being spent now was for that very purpose, yet as you have admitted yourself, most of these guys are nowhere near good enough.

And therein lies the crux of the matter: did he think these guys could transition? If so......WTF?! and if not, well the only reason to sign them would have been a belief that we needed mid table SPL players to win the 3 lowest divisions in a football backwater.

Either way Ally takes some justifiable criticism, but neither he or you are willing to accept it; and in his case that is worrying as a young manager should learn from his mistakes, not expect to just spend more money to hide them.

I'll argue my points on Monday - keeping the weekend argument free - although with the review now out I might crack and have to argue a point or two!