Raith Rovers matchday reporter resigns after offensive Sandy Jardine post.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He posted this on Raith Rovers forum tonight

Whether this will win me friends or not, I feel it is only right for me to get it off my chest.

The individual who posted the tweet, that was me. I'm not the type of person to hide behind a keyboard, thus why I am issuing this apology.

I am personally ashamed at my actions, which have brought embarrassment and shame upon the great name of Raith Rovers Football Club, and I rightfully and honourably stood down my position as a matchday reporter both for my own good and the good of our club.

My actions last night were reprehensible, unforgivable and completely out of character. I did not intend for the tweet to be offensive, but the backlash both I and the club have faced as a result of this incident left me with no choice but to stand down. I will also not be renewing my membership of the Raith Trust next season.

Raith Rovers Football Club is rightly proud of the behaviour of its supporters both inside and outside of Stark's Park, and I completely accept that on this occasion I went too far. I shouldn't have said what I said, and I have paid the price for not thinking before I posted what I did. I have smeared the reputation of Raith Rovers within the Scottish football family and for that I am interminably humiliated.

It is only right that I stay away from Stark's Park for the remainder of this season, and over the summer I will decide whether or not my continued presence as a Raith Rovers fan at Stark's Park is in the best interests of the football club. I am a passionate Raith Rovers supporter of some 13 years, however on this occasion I have let down all Raith Rovers supporters and I willingly admit that.

Having had time to consider my irrational actions, I wish to place on record my sincere condolences to the Jardine family and to Rangers Football Club. Sandy Jardine was a legend at both Rangers Football Club and in Scottish football and his loss to Scottish football is considerable.

I now wish to close the book on this issue and move on with my life.

Thank you,

Martin Hart

http://www.raithfant...ost-140925.html