Q&A with Ally

Yet these sides scored less than 20 goals against us in the league. For every goal they scored we scored 6. The only area they outshone us was in the picking the ball out of the net department where they excelled.

Who mentioned goals scored?

Shouldn't your counter to my point have been to actually counter my point?

We win by virtue of having vastly superior resources. We play shit football regardless.

Please don't tell me about admin, no gazza or laudrup, Ally's cat died and all the other obstacles the manager has had to overcome. Its tedious.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who mentioned goals scored?

Shouldn't your counter to my point have been to actually counter my point?

We win by virtue of having vastly superior resources. We play shit football regardless.

Please don't tell me about admin, no gazza or laudrup, Ally's cat died and all the other obstacles the manager has had to overcome. Its tedious.

"our opponents look sharper and more capable of passing, moving and controlling the football." But clearly not into our net. And who mentioned ex players or cats?

"our opponents look sharper and more capable of passing, moving and controlling the football." But clearly not into our net. And who mentioned ex players or cats?

Me.

If the best we can hope for against semi pros is out scoring them with 10 times their budgets, at least, then we are in trouble.

What many people are overlooking is the tremendous pressure placed on any CEO/Chaiman by the fans to back McCoist. Ever since Rangers dropped to Division 3 the fans have demanded Ally get full backing at boardroom level. Any new CEO and/or Chairman HAD to back Ally in order to win over the fans. In turn, Ally has pretty much had free free rein over the last few years. The Club and fans have given Ally plenty but have we seen anything on the park that justifies this level of support? I don't think we have. There's no sign of lessons learned and a new long-term plan for a healthy Rangers being put in place. Ally wants to keep spending and buy success which is what got us in to trouble in the first place.

Despite all the money Ally's spent on wages the team we have right now is not even close to being good enough to challenge Celtic. When we get back to the top division Ally will need to buy a whole new team and where will that money come from? By then it'll be too late to promote youth because the fans will be demanding we win the title and stop Celtic. I think Ally will fail when we return to the top division and a new manager will come in and be expected to compete. That will prove to me that our time spent in the lower leagues were a complete waste of time. We could have implimented something great and we've pissed that oppertunity away. Ally is to blame for that.

Ally appears to be untouchable. I think Mr.Green wanted to sack Ally but feared a backlash from the fans. The question is what will it take to actually get Ally out of the door (along with Durrant and McDowall). Those 3 are said to be on a combined £1.5m a year on wages and they're not worth it. We need to stop fucking about, do what needs to be done, and replace the manager. We know this needs to be done but are delaying it due to the fans love for Ally. Yes, he's a great guy but he's not a manager and needs to go it's that simple.

Now that Green and Mather etc are no longer here they are perfectly free and able to speak out if they wish... No, no sounds of any of them asking for Ally to be sacked.

Yet these sides scored less than 20 goals against us in the league. For every goal they scored we scored 6. The only area they outshone us was in the picking the ball out of the net department where they excelled.

It's very much a case that the facts no longer matter, the spin has taken over, people are so desperate to prove their point they tell us scoreing goals is not what the game is about.

Sick to the back teeth of McCoist playing dumb about finances. Especially after yesterday's nonsense answers regarding a Director of Football as mentioned in 120 day review.

He can't be Mr Big Guy calling the shots & Mr Innocent (I know nothing) at the same time!

Stop insulting our intelligence Ally

Sick to the back teeth of McCoist playing dumb about finances. Especially after yesterday's nonsense answers regarding a Director of Football as mentioned in 120 day review.

He can't be Mr Big Guy calling the shots & Mr Innocent (I know nothing) at the same time!

Which nonsense answers were they?

It's very much a case that the facts no longer matter, the spin has taken over, people are so desperate to prove their point they tell us scoreing goals is not what the game is about.

Winning is so overrated ! :lol:

Also the manager is NOT allowed an opinion on anything if ANY fan disagrees with his opinion - we ask for transparency and honesty - - Ally brings that to the table and folk still criticise him for saying ANYTHING .

He is a manager that keeps the playing budget below 30% of budget - hardly a man who is not aware of finance - should he be working with a 20% budget ? A 15% budget?

Save your anger for a the various board room charlatans that spent the other 70% of the budget that Ally did not control

He is a manager that keeps the playing budget below 30% of budget - hardly a man who is not aware of finance - should he be working with a 20% budget ? A 15% budget?

Save your anger for a the various board room charlatans that spent the other 70% of the budget that Ally did not control

I very much doubt Ally keeps the playing budget below 30%. That would only be the case if he solely gets to pick the players he wants, decides how much to pay them, then does so by personally authorising all payments. If that comes in at under 30% he does it. However, I would imagine Ally is told how much he has to spend. The person telling him how much he has too spend keeps the playing budget below 30%.

What we have achieved so far could have been done on a much smaller budget, but if the budget is at a low level compared to turnover, that's okay, but the focus then turns to the abject level of football we have been playing. That is Ally's responsibility.

I very much doubt Ally keeps the playing budget below 30%. That would only be the case if he solely gets to pick the players he wants, decides how much to pay them, then does so by personally authorising all payments. If that comes in at under 30% he does it. However, I would imagine Ally is told how much he has to spend. The person telling him how much he has too spend keeps the playing budget below 30%.

What we have achieved so far could have been done on a much smaller budget, but if the budget is at a low level compared to turnover, that's okay, but the focus then turns to the abject level of football we have been playing. That is Ally's responsibility.

I can't disagree with that post. (tu)