boydy (again)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so he got one chance and scored it but should've had a hat trick????

Haha should have wrote that a bit better. First half hardly touched the ball until he scored.

Second half had a free header that the keeper saved and skied a shot from about 10 yards.

He just looked like the same Boyd I've seen before except fatter.

You have to wonder what would have happened had he stayed put. It's all hypothetical, but if he kept up his scoring record, he would be well on his way to beating McCoist's record of 251 league goals (even more so considering our relegation).

We'll never know. What I do think however is that his spell down south and abroad has improved his all-round game. A lot of my mates are Killie fans and they are saying he's a completely different player now - fitter, works harder, links up play and, crucially, he can still finish.

Haha should have wrote that a bit better. First half hardly touched the ball until he scored.

Second half had a free header that the keeper saved and skied a shot from about 10 yards.

He just looked like the same Boyd I've seen before except fatter.

haha mate if you can find a striker who gets a hat trick from one chance i'm sold,not saying Boyd's a world beater but cmon he never had a problem scvoring against the diddy teams which is exactly what we're facing next season and he's far superior to any striker on our books.Like to see Boyd and Gallagher up top next season

Boyd's goals would guarentee winning the championship next season imo,would like him and young Gallagher paired up top.

Problem with this is that Ally probably wants to sign Miller and Boyd, and Gallagher wouldn't get a chance.

Problem with this is that Ally probably wants to sign Miller and Boyd, and Gallagher wouldn't get a chance.

i wouldn't take Miller unless on very low wages at 34 his best days are definitely behind him and would offer little in SPL,Boyd on the other hand appears to be in his prime and will only be 31 on return to SPL as a striker who's never relied on pace Boyd should still have another 3/4 years in him a no brainer on a free.

You've obviously not watched much of him then. He's been praised for his workrate this season. He's basically improved all aspects of his game whilst still banging in the goals and he's lost a lot of weight too.

He's improved his workrate because he's whoring himself for a new contract, soon as he gets it he becomes the same lazy shite that Middlesbrough signed

1) The reason people want them back is because they are a better standard than what we currently have, and their emotional ties to the club mean that they could come despite the ability to play at a higher level.

The standard we currently have has been adversely affected by our coaching team's ability to convert decent players (Templeton, Shiels etc etc) into journeymen. How far back are we prepared to go in the basis of the emotional ties?

2) Re: the wage bill. Do you really think Wallace would allow McCoist to tie any veteran into a lucrative long contract?

It's the current wage bill that worries me.

3) Ajax, the club most revered around the world for their youth development, aim to bring through only 3 young guys every 2 seasons. While I agree that you need to develop young players, having experienced veterans around them is only going to help their development.

Ajax play at the highest level. We have been playing at lower levels and have failed to take the opportunity to build a future around a young team. Even Hearts have done better then than us in this respect.

Unbelievable to take a 22 goal striker, playing in possibly the team that creates the lowest number of chances in the top division? he's also only 30.

We also signed jon daly... Who scored a similar no of goals in the sphell... Point is?