Disillusioned

disillusion:

noun: disillusion; plural noun: disillusions

disappointment resulting from the discovery that something is not as good as one believed it to be.

A word that many fans currently would relate to their support of Rangers. In all my years of following Rangers, I have never been quite as pessimistic or disillusioned with our club as currently. From the boardroom, to the youth development, to the fans; we appear to be completely lacking in direction or leadership. Examples such as the 120-day review that a student taking Business Studies at higher level could of produced, to the apparent resigning of Kenny Miller, to the reported loss of one of our young youth talents, we seem in complete disarray.

At a moment where we should be united, our club appears more divided than it ever has previously. With scenarios such as the fans-voted "greatest ever Ranger" no longer attending games, as well as self-appointed fans groups (who have offered no dialogue with the silent majority of fans) diverting funds away from the club; it all makes terrifying viewing.

At a time where we should be riding the crest of a wave that will allow us to ascend to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football, we instead appear to be submerging into troubled waters. However, a complete lack of strategy for next season and beyond is the most worrying thought.

The current board need to stipulate what we are hoping to achieve and do it soon. Obviously promotion from the championship is the absolute priority, however if we feel we need to sign experience to guarantee this we should at least admit it. Currently, we have the awful situation where our board appear to believe the current side are good enough, yet our manager is looking at bringing in players from yesteryear with no sell-on value.

I've never struggled to enjoy supporting Rangers, it's never been a chore. I hope it never will become one. But currently, its certainly edging towards the latter. Disillusioned indeed

"It's my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconsistency is my very essence,' -says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

Boethius Loyal.

Well said.

Dont think any party be it board, manager, fans or even players can currently take the moral high ground and rightfully claim they above the other parties are doing the best for the club now and in the future.

Whats more worrying is that as a club we appear to be growing apart rather than working as one.

I support the board generally speaking, but feel its up to them to make tough choices now and explain those to us in line with their vision. Decisive actions in line with the review. They have had the review time and feedback they requested, time now for action.

The removal of mccoist is one option. The creation rather than discussion of scouting system another. Clarifying our approach today towards signings, youth development another. Fan representation - are we doing it and if so how and when.

Bumbling on as we are cant be doing anyone any good.

Well said.

Dont think any party be it board, manager, fans or even players can currently take the moral high ground and rightfully claim they above the other parties are doing the best for the club now and in the future.

Whats more worrying is that as a club we appear to be growing apart rather than working as one.

I support the board generally speaking, but feel its up to them to make tough choices now and explain those to us in line with their vision. Decisive actions in line with the review. They have had the review time and feedback they requested, time now for action.

The removal of mccoist is one option. The creation rather than discussion of scouting system another. Clarifying our approach today towards signings, youth development another. Fan representation - are we doing it and if so how and when.

Bumbling on as we are cant be doing anyone any good.

And the winner of the first Ally Oot post of the thread is....

disillusion:

noun: disillusion; plural noun: disillusions

disappointment resulting from the discovery that something is not as good as one believed it to be.

A word that many fans currently would relate to their support of Rangers. In all my years of following Rangers, I have never been quite as pessimistic or disillusioned with our club as currently. From the boardroom, to the youth development, to the fans; we appear to be completely lacking in direction or leadership. Examples such as the 120-day review that a student taking Business Studies at higher level could of produced, to the apparent resigning of Kenny Miller, to the reported loss of one of our young youth talents, we seem in complete disarray.

At a moment where we should be united, our club appears more divided than it ever has previously. With scenarios such as the fans-voted "greatest ever Ranger" no longer attending games, as well as self-appointed fans groups (who have offered no dialogue with the silent majority of fans) diverting funds away from the club; it all makes terrifying viewing.

At a time where we should be riding the crest of a wave that will allow us to ascend to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football, we instead appear to be submerging into troubled waters. However, a complete lack of strategy for next season and beyond is the most worrying thought.

The current board need to stipulate what we are hoping to achieve and do it soon. Obviously promotion from the championship is the absolute priority, however if we feel we need to sign experience to guarantee this we should at least admit it. Currently, we have the awful situation where our board appear to believe the current side are good enough, yet our manager is looking at bringing in players from yesteryear with no sell-on value.

I've never struggled to enjoy supporting Rangers, it's never been a chore. I hope it never will become one. But currently, its certainly edging towards the latter. Disillusioned indeed

I'm everything here but still purchased ST and can't wait for the next embarrassment under Ally .Seriously still can't wait till new season begins .

And the winner of the first Ally Oot post of the thread is....

Shit stirring as usual.To not say it is topical is bull.Ive also said onus is on board to put plans into place now rather than just talk about it.But you knew that. You just wanted to turn this into another ally thread which until your post it hadn't been.

Stick with it we will get there in the end It's not easy tho'

I think most of us share your view but it is still a real response to respond by asking what if we don't?

The club may be in real danger through disillusionment with the football, the manager and the board. Add to that a divided fan base and season ticket boycott and the future looks anything but bright.

Our great club was almost driven to extinction by the greedy and the vengeful, we had to suffer the indignity of having to play in the lowest senior league in our country. We had the world of obstacles in front of us trying to end us but we stood tall and refused to give in. Now we are slowly succeeding to do what HMRC, Celtic, the SPL and the SFA couldn't, we are killing our club with the constant stream of diatribe against the board, Mr Wallace, Ally and the players. It's fucking exasperating! For fuck sake when did we get so fucking pathetic?

Having Been divorced twice I can honestly say that my/ our club has always been there for me and never been unfaithful

" Lovers leave and friends will let you down

your the only sure thing that i've found

no matter what i do i'll never lose

my old friend the BLUES "

Steve Earle

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him.

"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity.

"No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

:ukflag:

Where's all this 'Doom and Gloom' coming from?

Last I heard was we won two in a row and moved ever so near to the dreaded scum.

The scum meanwhile don't want us anywhere near them, interrupting their catch-up phase, a serious threat to the 10 in a row, fuck me and my granny.

OK signing Kenny Miller might not be to everybody's taste, but who should we sign for the 2nd tier of Scottish Football?

Sometimes life doesn't pan out the way we want it to, sometimes we have to bite the bullet and get on with it and accept what life throws up. Right now our club is doing what was least expected two years ago, moving up the leagues from the most horrific scenario ever.

The 'Sack the board' mob along with King, Gough, Amo and some Rangers forums, especially that 'Gersnet one who give them kudos are just simply sickening.

What's the problem guys?

Where's all this 'Doom and Gloom' coming from?Last I heard was we won two in a row and moved ever so near to the dreaded scum.The scum meanwhile don't want us anywhere near them, interrupting their catch-up phase, a serious threat to the 10 in a row, fuck me and my granny.OK signing Kenny Miller might not be to everybody's taste, but who should we sign for the 2nd tier of Scottish Football?Sometimes life doesn't pan out the way we want it to, sometimes we have to bite the bullet and get on with it and accept what life throws up. Right now our club is doing what was least expected two years ago, moving up the leagues from the most horrific scenario ever.The 'Sack the board' mob along with King, Gough, Amo and some Rangers forums, especially that 'Gersnet one who give them kudos are just simply sickening.What's the problem guys?

The problem, I’m sure you will find, will be levied at Ally. Regardless of what his perceived ability is everything and anything is his fault. You can draw a direct line from him becoming manager to every catastrophic event in world history. The fall of the Roman empire – Ally didn’t make a substitution early enough, the Boxer rebellion in Japan – Ally was singing Karaoke, the Black Death – Ally played someone out of position, the crucifixion of Jesus – that was still the Jews(according to the bible) but Ally should be blamed cause he stood with his arms folded for 90 minuets. The only thing that he cant be blamed for is the wide-spread proliferation of paedos in the catholic church but give it time and some how they will work out how he is to blame.]

Where's all this 'Doom and Gloom' coming from?

Last I heard was we won two in a row and moved ever so near to the dreaded scum.

The scum meanwhile don't want us anywhere near them, interrupting their catch-up phase, a serious threat to the 10 in a row, fuck me and my granny.

OK signing Kenny Miller might not be to everybody's taste, but who should we sign for the 2nd tier of Scottish Football?

Sometimes life doesn't pan out the way we want it to, sometimes we have to bite the bullet and get on with it and accept what life throws up. Right now our club is doing what was least expected two years ago, moving up the leagues from the most horrific scenario ever.

The 'Sack the board' mob along with King, Gough, Amo and some Rangers forums, especially that 'Gersnet one who give them kudos are just simply sickening.

What's the problem guys?

No problem at all, everything's just peachy at Rangers...

One thing I can't ignore with a sarcastic reply is the Celtic bit, if you think they're dreading playing us again you're very much mistaken.

One thing I can't ignore with a sarcastic reply is the Celtic bit, if you think they're dreading playing us again you're very much mistaken.

When we meet them again all the pressure will be on them. They will be expected to beat us by a significant amount, they will receive no plaudits for winning against us. We, on the other hand, will be praised for raising our game and beating the reigning Champions and arguably the strongest side in the league. Our first season back in the top division we'll be expected to finish mid table. Anything higher than 6 and the media will cream their pants.

(tu)

If I were them I'd be rubbing my hands at the thought.

We are a mess on and off the park.

When we meet them again all the pressure will be on them. They will be expected to beat us by a significant amount, they will receive no plaudits for winning against us. We, on the other hand, will be praised for raising our game and beating the reigning Champions and arguably the strongest side in the league. Our first season back in the top division we'll be expected to finish mid table. Anything higher than 6 and the media will cream their pants.

:lol:

Aye second biggest budget in the land and we will be 'expected' to finish 6th

fuck sake