Classiest coolest Gers players ?

tannerall

A few good shouts for RDB too. One game I remember up at Tannadice near the end of the 02/03 season. We beat they rhunts 4-0 and the pitch was truly awful. However, RDB danced around the pitch that day. He was truly a sublime player.

He made this goal against Killie look so simple yet he had no right to score from where he picked the ball up!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been an abundance of talent at Rangers over the years but big Jorg Albertz has to be up there as one of the classiest coolest players we've ever had.

The way he combined his passion, raw power and ability surely makes him one of the greats.

The goal @8.50 epitomized his pace, power and poise for me.

Far too many to mention on the park, and as for off the park, far too many with "Character defects" to be included as all round class acts.

Dave Smith is a very good choice for style and ease of movement on the park, along with many others' such as have been mentioned above by other posters, Baxter, Laudrup, Gazza, Wilkins, and so on.

For me though, the one that stands head and shoulders above them all, for outright class, on an off the park, and who, even though they may never have had the pleasure of seeing him perform, will have known of, or personally been witness to his unwavering loyalty and outstanding dedication to our remarkable institution over many,many years, and whose class was consistent even to his last breath.

No-one, but no-one, can stand out in this category, or be better suited to be the classiest of them all,and World class at that, than our own recently departed, Sandy Jardine.

:7325:

Bobby Russell would be in my top 10.

what a shout mate.

my fuckin hero as a wee yin, modelled my whole game on his coolness., all time Scottish Rangers midfield? In my lifetime? Nevr saw slim, da said he was the greatest.

so in the last 37 years since my first g

wide left davie cooper, centre holding midfield Ian ftp Ferguson, flanked by equally brilliant creative genius of russell and wee durrant, wide right ted mcminn, I know there were so many better than the tin man, and nobody else would put him in, but I fuckin loved him by the way.

But on another note, coolness personified has to be big jorg, standing over the penalty at the tattiedome,pitch invasions, ref getting pelted by missiles, in front of them, delayed pen by 5 mins, then cooly slotting it into the bottom left hand corner, before racing away towards us to celebrate pissing all over them and winning the league at parkhead, greatest moment ever for this bear

No Surrender

Rab

what a shout mate.

my fuckin hero as a wee yin, modelled my whole game on his coolness., all time Scottish Rangers midfield? In my lifetime? Nevr saw slim, da said he was the greatest.

so in the last 37 years since my first g

wide left davie cooper, centre holding midfield Ian ftp Ferguson, flanked by equally brilliant creative genius of russell and wee durrant, wide right ted mcminn, I know there were so many better than the tin man, and nobody else would put him in, but I fuckin loved him by the way.

But on another note, coolness personified has to be big jorg, standing over the penalty at the tattiedome,pitch invasions, ref getting pelted by missiles, in front of them, delayed pen by 5 mins, then cooly slotting it into the bottom left hand corner, before racing away towards us to celebrate pissing all over them and winning the league at parkhead, greatest moment ever for this bear

No Surrender

Rab

Bang n the money Rab, good post.